PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing, TG, age and desire

emmicd
08-28-2008, 12:38 AM
As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part in your desire to crossdress?

As you get older do you find your need to crossdress has intensified or has diminished?

Are you more into crossdressing as you get older or have you become nonchalant about it?

If you are TG do you wish you were a girl more now than you did in your younger days or about the same?

emmi
xoxo

Kimberly Long
08-28-2008, 04:46 AM
AGE AND DESIRE:
I have always had the desire to dress, it started about when I was 10, the age I am now 68. The desire is still here. I have always dressed for my age level. When I am dressed as a woman I know I look better and younger the old man I am. When I go out in the public, I act my age, try to look as good as I can and find the acceptince level to be very high. I also think the shopping has gotten easer, not for anything I have done but better acceptince of the CD people and their money.

Susan Watersfield
08-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Emmi,

You've asked several questions here. Let me see what I can do in the way of answering them

As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part in your desire to crossdress?

I'm certainly very much at ease with the fact that I'm a crossdresser. I'm in my late 50's and I feel that age brings a calmness of attitude to life that wasn't there when I was young. On the other hand I find it difficult to remember exactly how I felt at the age of 13 when I first felt the need to dress as a woman. But I'm sure the contentment I feel now wasn't there at first.

As you get older do you find your need to crossdress has intensified or has diminished?

Well, it certainly hasn't diminished, and personally I'm very pleased about that :) Time and circumstances now allow me the opportunity to indulge in almost as much crossdressing as I like, and I feel it would have been a great pity if I had lost the desire along the way.

Many t-girls I chat to feel the the need gets stronger with age, and this has been my experience too.

Are you more into crossdressing as you get older or have you become nonchalant about it?

I don't feel nonchalnt about my crossdressing. I always exercise a degree of caution, as I am aware that the world around me does not share my attitude towards it. Personally, although I spend a fair amount of time as woman, it never ceases to be a source of much joy to me.

If you are TG do you wish you were a girl more now than you did in your younger days or about the same?

I think the realization that I would like to be a girl is a recent thing with me. I've only been dressing on a regular basis for a few years. And it's only during that time I've confronted and accepted the fact that I would like to be girl. For me this takes the form of considering the possibillity of going full time.

At present it's not really on, and I'm content to enjoy the part-time dressing that now is a feature of my day to day life. However, if circumstances in the future were to result in me becoming a full time woman, then I would be quite content to do so.

Hope all that goes some way to answering your questions, Emmi.

Luv

Susan

Karren H
08-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I can't really say age has made me crossdress more. Or want to.. Except for 10 years when I had no desire (pesky undetected brain tumors will do that!! Hahaha), my desire has been the same.. I'm driven to dress and I can't stop it.. Plain and simple..

I'd say I have more control now vs when I was younger.. Definately having more fun!! Once I got into makeup big time everything changed!! :):):)

Karen_Ski
08-28-2008, 07:54 AM

emmi
xoxo

I was about 9, will be 55 next month, the first time I remember going all the way, more than just a pair of panties. I think it was the fact my older sister had just gotten her first training bra and I was so jealous.

I am more into it today than I was when I was younger and in the closet, nowadays I dress just about everywhere I am not at work so my dressing has definitely grown over the years. About the only thing I have really noticed as far as age is concerned is that as I mature I dress more appropriately for my age and situation. I find myself just about living the life of a single, almost middle-aged woman. (Middle age is defined as 5 years older than I am and has been since I turned 35 :D)

Tina B.
08-28-2008, 08:03 AM

emmi
xoxo

I don't really know if it has intensified or not, I know I have a lot more time since I retired, and find myself dressing a lot more (A whole lot more). I have never been nonchalant about dressing, but it does not have the sexual impact it had when I was younger, now it seems to be more about self fulfillment, and inter peace. With an excepting wife, and no kids in the house a lot of the fear of being caught are gone, and I feel that is a good thing.
I for one have never wanted to be a woman full time, I also like being a guy!
Tina B.

Sara Jessica
08-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Being one who is better described as tg than cd, I can share this perspective. Many of us have an awakening of sorts as mid-life approaches. For me, it meant the life-long desire to be a girl rather than just dress like one was manifesting itself as an intense need to explore transition. So having embarked on such exploration, all the same desires are still there (really no more or no less than any other time in my life) but I've come to a content realization that the odds of my transitioning are diminished to less than 1% because of the wonderful life I've built around me. In the meantime, I have become more accepting of who I am and am more attentive to the details when it comes to my presentation. If I'm going to do this part time, I'm gonna be the absolute best I am able.

Angie G
08-28-2008, 08:17 AM
My desire to dress as always been strong at 60 years old the only reason I dress more now is now that my loving wife knows I have way more time for dressing now. As for my desire to be TG hasn't increased any At time I would still like to be a real woman and sometimes not. :hugs:
Angie

Kate Simmons
08-28-2008, 08:26 AM
I dunno Emmi. I've gone from confusion and compulsion (when I was younger) to understanding and conscious choice (since I'm older). A lot of it depends on how much a person gets in touch with and understands themself. For me it's all about being a person first and foremost and a guy, girl, CD, TG or whatever second. All I know is that I'm in a good place right now and pretty comfortable.:)

Cathytg
08-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I am glad that you asked a question that deals with age. I have dressed since as far back as I remember and am 63 now. So maybe I have some perspective.

I doubt that the urge has diminished over the years. Certainly it has risen and fallen over short periods of time and it has been put in a box for several years at a time. But it never goes away - as we all know - and it has not lessened. I do recognize that I can deal with it much better now than in the far distant past. Although I still dress at almost every opportunity, if the the time is not right I don't get up-tight about it. But that is the dealing with it and not the urge itself. I am sure that it will never go away. And I rather enjoy it anyhow.

Carol A
08-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh gosh what a great question and very good answers, as for me I started at 14 and am now 69 and I dress everyday and just love it all to death. No I am not full time wish I could but the wife has other ideas about it. As for me it just and everyday thing that I am very comfortable with and do, I guess I have been dressing to long to know better.

KarenSusan
08-28-2008, 08:51 AM

My crossdressing desire has definitely increased as I've gotten older. I have always been a CD but I suppressed it from about 15 to 40 years old. Not sure what happened but about 40 I bought my first dress and the dam broke.
Now I dress all the time and the desire to go full time gets stronger and stronger. If I could pass, I might try it.
I have always wished I was a woman and the feeling is getting so strong that I may yet go full time no matter how ugly I am.

`Kayla`
08-28-2008, 09:00 AM
This is a good one for me. I've battled this for so long and I don't know, I think maybe it's got worse the older I get.

I've tried numerous times to lay this down...I mean I've really fought this hard. It keeps coming back and there seems to be nothing I can do to change this part of me. The older I get, thinking about it, the more I feel like I should be doing what makes me happy and makes me feel good. Cause I know my life is getting shorter and I'm not promised tomorrow. I've spent a lot of my life trying to please other people...I'm just not to the point to where I'm ready to start pleasing me... :(

AKAMichelle
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I would have to say that it definitely has increased over the years. When I was younger I buried it deep inside of me, because I felt like there was something wrong with me. There may be, but burying is not the answer.

One of the strongest feelings is that I wish I knew then what I know now to make better decisions for myself. If I had started back then accepting myself, then 20+ years of disgust and embarrassment would have been gone. Now I have to struggle to learn who I am all over again and this time I won't be making the same mistakes. :devil:

Alice Torn
08-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Kayla, People pleasing, not living my own life, has been my life story. I still am enmeshed in situations with others, I wish I would not have gotten into, by caretaking, and helping. Sometimes the helper is the hurter, in actuality. I never got to have a steady girlfriend, or wife, mostly because I felt too inferior, shameful, that having fun, and the good things were for normal people, not me. So, I am an old single cding male, at 54.

Tashee
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I can't really say age has made me crossdress more. Or want to.. Except for 10 years when I had no desire (pesky undetected brain tumors will do that!! Hahaha), my desire has been the same.. I'm driven to dress and I can't stop it.. Plain and simple..

I'd say I have more control now vs when I was younger.. Definately having more fun!! Once I got into makeup big time everything changed!! :):):)

That is interesting. I have been REAL sick for a while and have not had the desire to dress. Think about it, that's all. Not that I'm a sexy Diva but being real ill the last thing you feel is sexy.

Thanks Karen. I was too embarrassed to ask the question that you just answered.:hugs:

Joanne f
08-28-2008, 12:54 PM
I use to assume that as i got older my desires would diminish but instead of that it has increased along with other desires that i am finding it difficult to cope with as i am fighting them when i know i should not be , whether this has anything to do with age or being able to communicate with other boys and girls who are going through a similar thing i cant say , no doubt a mixture of both .

joanne :fairy2:

keena
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
At age 82 I still love to crossdress. I have been into it since age eleven when I tried on my mother's corset. For many years (48) I had an accepting wife (deceased) who not only accepted my idiosyncracy but bought most items of clothing for me. Now that I am alone it helps break the solace. Even when I am not dressed I frequently wear my long corset and nylons under my male clothes. I particularly like to do this during the winter months when a heavy coat effectively conceals the corset outline. I used to do this when my wife was with me whenever I was home during the day or if I went to a store. How long will I continue? As long as I can stand up and tighten my corset laces.

susan fuller
08-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I can say that my desire to CD has gotten more intense since I retired and have found a real good accepting wife. She helps me shop and encourages me to try on clothes at the stores. I wear a dress or skirt and top most of the time. When I get up in the moring the first things I put on are a bra and panties. I feel great and alive when dressed as a girl. Of course being 66 I dress according to my age most of the time. I do like short skirts that come to about mid thigh. I love sleeping in long silk or nylon gowns.

genney
08-28-2008, 02:35 PM

emmi
xoxo

As I get older I to dress more and the wife just love's to have her girlfriend around, because I do most of the cooking. I will be 71 come dec.

Chiana
08-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I guess when I was young I thought that my sex drive played a large part in my desire to dress. At that time, the logical deduction for me was that as I grew older and my sex drive became less intense, I would probably have less desire to dress. But as many CD's will tell you, dressing is not really sexual. As I have grown older, I do dress more but I don't think my desire to dress has increased. I just find that I now have more toys and more opportunity to dress than I have ever had before. One big regret that I have is that I did not pursue CD'ing more when I was younger.

suspender
08-28-2008, 09:18 PM
There's some great posts here. Our more senior members give us hope that it doesnt die out with time. Im looking forward to that. Kayla's post provides insight about pleasing others and I agree. Time is precious and at the end of my time, I dont want to look back and think, what could have been....

Denisecd2008
08-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Hi all
very good queston this..myself the older I have got the stonger it has got..

nikki47
08-29-2008, 06:15 AM
I've loved reading this thread. I feel that i'm more into crossdressing now than at anytime,even though i've enjoyed it since being young.and i had a really good time with it before we had a family but for the last maybe 20 yrs,i've only dressed now and again using any of my wife's clothes,but now with my sons all grown up,i'm now building a nice wardrobe and buying my own things and i nearly always dress weekly,so listening to some of the older members my best years are still to come.

Nikki

erickka
08-29-2008, 06:29 AM
As I have aged, I have bcome more comfortable and at ease with crossdrssing. In my teens and twenties, it was maybe more of what I call a fetish type of thing, but now that I'm knocking on 50's door, I realize that it is the real me which I am expressing when I do get all dolled up.

Butterfly Bill
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
When I got into my 40s is when I started looking seriously for places I could come out, and ten years later it was finally the whole world, and now that I can do it every day, I do. When you get older, you get less and less afraid of what people might think of you. You have found people who accept you as you are, and you accept yourself as well. There was a recent thread about this: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88026&highlight=poll+age , and the highest part of the curve was 50-59.

Jaydee
08-29-2008, 11:08 AM
This is a great thread with great answers. I'll throw in my 2 cents. When I was younger the dressing urges had a stronger sexual component, but also greater feelings of guilt and self-denial. At nearly 55, I am now more comfortable with my dressing and my dressing urges. Now the sexual component is mostly gone, the dressing provides me with a calming and "centering" feelings.
I have always had the desire to dress(even when I couldn't accept it and myself), but the intensity has come and gone. At one point I went 10 years without hardly thinking about it. I think that now, I have an easier time finding the time and money to indulge. I also think I enjoy it more than when I was younger.

Jaydee

Margot
08-29-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm now 62 and retired to the privacy of the country. I now dress most of the time when I'm home and miss dressing when I'm away or visiting friends or family. I have dressed since I was a young teenager and I have to say I'm more into it, loving it, now than ever before. Having an accepting wife really helps. I love clothes, shoes, and makeup. My male clothes are disappearing slowly but surely.
I'm also trying to look my age and growing my own gray hair longer to see how more natural I can look. I have wigs as standbys.
How am I doing so far?
:hugs:
Margot

LaurenS.
08-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I've been crossdressing since a child and the desire has definately increased with age. Now in my 50's my desire to dress is only surpassed by my feminine feelings. My desire to be feminine all the time has me so concerned that I am now in therapy. I'm hoping that if I get out as much as possible it will quell my feminine desires. I know that I can't continue like this and will have to take the first step to transitioning soon. I never ever thought I would feel this way. A few years ago dressing from time to time would be enough but now it has taken over my life.

Lauren

il.dso
09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
When I was younger (in teens and twenties), I remember
wondering if i would still want to crossdress as I got older.
Now, at 47, my desire to dress up has only increased!
When I was younger, I was satisfied just wearing lingerie.
Now, I want to get TOTALLY dressed.
Also, I really like high-end panties, slips, dresses, business suits, etc.
Yes, my crossdressing journey continues...

Edyta_C
09-05-2008, 10:57 AM
In my case I think that it more to do with suppressing it more while I was younger. When I dressed when I was younger there was more sexual or fetish excitement. But now it just makes me feel more whole and integrated as a person. While I do it more today, I think the desire hasn't increased but shifted in how I feel. I think that is why the nut doctors who study CD/TV/TG people have felt that CDing was just a fetish/sexual thing. At least for me they are wrong. It is part of my makeup.

Hugs Edyta

jennifer24
09-05-2008, 06:57 PM
You hit it on the nose Kayla, My desire has grown over the years, when I was young I thought something was wrong with me but, has I grew older and started to understand what I was feeling and had more knowledge my CD progressed, Now I know that being female is what makes me happy. I too have tried to please everybody and put everyone else`s feelings ahead of mine but,now I`m getting to the point of trying to please myself, is that selfish? I need time to express my female side and do what makes me happy, it`s hard to balance everything, expecially when my desires are getting stronger.:o JENN

KeriB
09-05-2008, 07:44 PM

emmi
xoxo

1. CD'ing... it's not about the clothes for me anymore at all. They are just a part of me and how I may present for that day, though honestly I am more interested personally in women's clothing than boring male duds. But, I am just as happy in a pair of capris and sneaks as I am in a skirt and heels.

2. I "label" myself TG, and yes, I wish it more today than yesterday but less than tomorrow.... But... I really did not come to the realization that I would like to be female until late... if only it had occurred to me when I was 34 and between marriages, and this would not be an issue!

HTH....

rickie121x
09-13-2008, 04:49 PM
As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part ...
emmi xoxo
First off, I am 73, almost 74. I am very accustomed to my crossdressing and absolutely love it. My desire to crossdress sort of peaked in my 60s. In fact I was ever considering breast, facial and neck surgery aroung 68-69. The result was that I instead decided to work with herbs and hormones, which was a truly delightful and involving episode.

That period was pretty much the peak intensity of my crossdressing needs and feelings during my life. Interestingly, the result of the hormones made me feel so emotionally relaxed my crossdressing sort of dwindled away as my top driving need. And dwindling right along with it was my need to continue to take the herbs and hormones. I do have a very pleasant set of mini A sized breasts now, and love em.

Nonchalant about crossdressing? Not ever would I be so. As far as I can imagine, I will always love the feel of womens clothing, the sensuality that I feel inside during the process, the walk... all of the physical movement that I love so much. I love females, and what they represent together with the sensuality that I feel at the sight of a female - and what I hope I will always emulate and enjoy.

Rickie :gorgeous:

Maria2222
09-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I started dressing at a very early age, but the drive waxed and waned for most of my life. For some reason it really stepped up once I passed 50 and now is a very major part of my life.

Megan70
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
How am I doing so far?
:hugs:
Margot

Sure as hell fooled me. You look like an attractive genuine GG. Maybe in keeping with the age conscious thing, ditch your natural grey hair and go for a coloring or tint to make it darker. It'd still be your own natural hair but i bet you'd look 10-12 years younger.

Megan
(Age 61)

RavenAndrea
09-13-2008, 08:36 PM
I am gradually coping with older age and the appropriate hair styles but I always loved long hair (either on a mate or myself). I know sooner or later to continue to pass I need to have a shorter hair style, but I love the look of curls.

Older Andrea

Mona
09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
As I grow older I find I am more accepting of my feminine self and really enjoy crossdressing more. I also have stopped feeling guilty about it, the guilt originally coming from 'I'm a guy and shouldn't be doing this' and also the fear of getting caught.

maid phylis
09-13-2008, 09:36 PM
dear emmicd,i am now 65 and i have not stopped dressing and as a matter of fact i find myself dressing more than ever before.i guess the older we get the more we want to enjoy whatever we have left.:love:phylisanne

Mary Morgan
09-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Others may disagree, but I believe we are all TG and it is a question of degree as to how far we go with it, or how far we "need" to go with it. Yes, as I get older I find my desire/need to dress, to be a woman, increases. I do think that if I had lived in a more accepting society, if i knew then what I know now, I would have transitioned, but I'll never really know. Woulda, coulda, shoulda?

Jenniferpl
09-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Great question. I am thrilled to hear from the older gals that the desire does not go away. I know in my case the need is stronger then ever and I in my forties.

Valerie
09-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the question and all the encouraging answers. In my case my desire to cross dress became intense in my early fifties (oh, to have to confess one's age!) and by now I would happily, if I could, transition... My great regret, as someone else already has expressed it, is not to have enjoyed more cross dressing in earlier years. A lot of my more positive and accepting attitude has to do with meeting many of you in this list, since you have made me understand and appreciate my ability to transcend the male identification. With thanks and love to all,

Valerie :love:

darla_g
09-13-2008, 11:12 PM
for me its been a little over 20 years and it has been fairly consistent, hopefully over time i have been improving in technique but my desire to dress seems to ebb and flow, i have typically taken the summer off and this year was no different. but i have thought about it a lot, lot more since i continued to stay active here.:)

Diane Elizabeth
09-14-2008, 11:52 AM
As I age (just turned 56) I am finding out things about myself that I hadn't realized before. I spent most of my adult life trying to be the "man". The idea of being different from others was in the back of my mind all these years. Thanks to the pc and groups like this one I have found some of who and what I am. I don't have all the pieces yet.

As a kid I tried on my mothers clothes. I liked it but knew it was wrong to do it. Or maybe it was the sneaking that I knew was wrong. When I was ten I was dressed up for a skit at a summer camp. They gave us ( about 8 boys) balloons for breasts. I didn't care for them, but did like the clothes. Now I am reflecting back and wondering if I liked the girls in the short mini's and boots and make up or the clothes they were wearing.

Now my life has allowed me to pursue my fantasies more, though I am still in the closet. I did get out semi dressed last night. Went to a lesbian bar and had a drink. Saw several cd/tgs. Not all were trying to pass. From what I had experienced I felt more comfortable there than most places I had been. I hope to go again and dress even more enfemme.

The urges come and go but the desire, for me, is to want to go further with my dressing. I don't want to be a man in a dress though. I want to feel the real woman I should be.

Sorry for the length of my post. Reading all of your stories have helped me understand some of the "why" that I ask myself. They also have given me courage to do more.

Samantha43
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
My desire comes and goes. I have been crossdressing for over 30 years. As time has passed, I have refined my look to better be the girl I have envisioned. I think my desire has increased with age. I went through a period in my 30's when I hardly dressed. Now that I am in my 40's, the desire seems to be stronger than ever.

emmicd
09-14-2008, 11:04 PM
I am amazed by all these wonderful posts and am encouraged that so many have been positive with their crossdressing as they get older. I realize as I get older my desire to dress has increased as well.

I am trying to dress as much as I can and when I do I really enjoy it!

emmi

Katherine_tg
09-15-2008, 06:48 AM

emmi
xoxo

The desire becomes stronger as the years pass. I believe that this will continue...and it's a lovely thing.

victoriamwilliams1
09-15-2008, 07:19 AM

No, if anything it helps because as I am getting older care less about people opinion.

The need is there but with my limited time to dedicate I cannot dress as much as I would like to.

I am more into dressing.

The wish to wake up a girl faded when I entered my teens.

kristinacd55
09-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Emmi, I think you could've had a poll on that one! My desire to dress has increased a lot more. Can't stop thinking about it

CharleneT
09-15-2008, 09:21 AM
>>>As you have grown accustomed to your crossdressing and personal acceptance of it does age play a part in your desire to crossdress?

Yes I think it does: "If not now, then when ?" I feel like life is pretty short and now I want to enjoy some of what is left in the manner that I enjoy the most.

>>>As you get older do you find your need to crossdress has intensified or has diminished?

Yes, as above, I feel like the time left to me is shorter than the time spent... hence, now or never !

>>>Are you more into crossdressing as you get older or have you become nonchalant about it?

I would say that I am more "into" it, but that is because as a younger person, I denied, avoided and hid my CD side. Now I am letting it out.

>>>If you are TG do you wish you were a girl more now than you did in your younger days or about the same?

Definitely more.

Adele
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
The older I get the more I wish I had understood my desires when I was in my teens. Now married, I have a daughter, a business and comfortable life, my need to be a woman is stronger than ever. I find that I try too hard to be male and should value the times that I can dress as myself with my wifes approval.

Ashley Helen
09-15-2008, 03:18 PM
At the age of 60 I would have to say the desire to dress has intensified in recent years, but that may be something to do with the availability of the internet and information on all the lovely girls out there.
For years I thought I was the odd one out and dressed when I did, which was sometimes very rarely. Now I know there are others just like me who dress when we can, and in secret. I also know there are others who are able to dress each and every day. I know which group I would prefer to be in!

Ashley

jackie_p
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I too, like many others have already stated, have gotten more
involved with dressing as I have gotten older. My desires have
gotten stronger and I prefer to dress more fully now than when
I was younger.

The problem is that as I have gotten older, it has gotten more
difficult to find the time (as I am seriously in the closet on this)
and I always thought that the two were connected. You know,
like when you can't have something, that's when you really, really
want it.

Jackie:2c:

CD Susan
09-15-2008, 11:32 PM
I am 60 and have been a cd since the age of 7. It has been my experience that my desire/need to cd has intensified with age. I am aware of three distinct times when my level of cd'ing increased dramatically. The first time was 13 years ago. I was 47 and my exwife and I divorced. I suddenly had the entire house to myself to dress up when I was home. The second time was 10 months ago when I retired. Now I had all of the time I wanted to cd and took full advantage of this. The third and last time my cd'ing dramatically increased was four months ago when I decided to come out to others and leave the closet. At this time I joined this website as well as several others. I started communicating with others like me which has led to several meetings with other cd's. I no longer am closeted and go out in public while dressed quite often. I think what all of this means for me is that now that I have the privacy, place and time to cd I am going to do it as often as possible. My desire to cd has definately intensified with age and I do not think it is going to decrease any time soon. I have never been happier in my life.

Marjory
09-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I seem to want to XD less at 65, not stop mind you but back off some. I can no longer pass. I still love to shop but in drab now. I'm satisfied with a blouse slacks and a pair of flats now and a walk at nite.
Used to like to go on business trips and really dress but now I'm retired and can't be bothered spending all that time to get ready. Sometimes it's just a pair of flats and a drive. I'm content wearing women's sneakers all the time now. don't like heels anymore.

Marjory

Angelicacd
09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
as I have gotten older I found I wanted to be ,ore female than ever I feel I should have been a girl many years ago but did not relize my true disire of being one say about 19 now I'm 46 and I am seeking to start hormones so I can be that woman I should have been.

Jess_cd32
09-21-2008, 03:30 AM
My first experience w/ it was like most, about 7-8 y/o.
I've had years go by without desire also like most, then its like wham!, I really have such a strong urge to dress. Mine has gotten very strong lately as I get older, so much so I'm not as embarressed like before to go out and buy some stuff.
If they think cigarettes are tough to quit, I'd equate this desire to cd on the same level for strenght of the urge. I used to hate having cd desires, now I wouldn't trade them for anything, I luv cd-ing and accepted it as a part of me.

Lee Dee
09-21-2008, 06:28 AM
What a brilliant question and so many interesting responses. From being a youngster into early adulthood I believed that I was abnormal in crossdressing and this, I think, set a kind of blueprint for myself that no-one should ever know and that the desire should be suspressed at all costs; until ofcourse it occasionally became overwhelming and then actions reinforced guilt and shame. Even through careers in the armed forces/police I was dressing and I think levels of stress were balanced with dress. Now approaching 50 my desire to dress has increased not because I'm more stressed but because I am more accepting of myself and not so concerned with other peoples thoughts or judgements of me, a more real me. x

jennylogan
09-21-2008, 06:29 AM
After 37 years of constant cding I consider myself a committed crossdresser to the point where I probably meet the definition of TG. The urge never goes away and when I dress it is with the full intent of being as female looking as possible. I don't take it for granted and never will. As I have gotten older and reached the point where we are close to being empty nesters the ability to be en femme full time is one that is going to be difficult to resist. I have wanted to be female for as long as I can remember but don't know 100% for sure if I will commit to that lifestyle. More fodder (and money)for the counselor.

Always Susan
09-21-2008, 07:06 AM
As another aging member I've thought about this before and a number of things come to mind. First as males we are born with both the X and Y chromosomes, did we as CDs get a little more of one than the other? Does the decrease of male hormones in aging males have anything to with the desire to dress? Or is it a matter of more money and opportunity to buy what we would like to wear?
I have always wanted to dress in female clothes since I was five years old. Sometime I did wish I had been born a girl ,but most of the time I,m very happy to be male. In the begining it was a sexual thing , the excitiment and all. Now it's a clamness within that's part of me. Maybe just it's the acceptance of the the whole me, male and female that gets better with age. One thing I do know is I'll Always be Susan:daydreaming:

Roxi Loh
09-21-2008, 07:22 AM
As I get older I find the desire to dress as a woman becomes more intense. I now want to go out more as a woman and do things. I think some of it has to do with the expansion of the internet and the feeling that I am not some sort of freak. It has given me courage to explore my female side more.

Alyssa82
09-28-2008, 06:50 AM
id say the desire to become a woman is getting stronger with age, crossdressing or not. but it varies on my mood.

anouk
09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
My desire may not have altered, but I have let myself to get more freedom to express my feminine side.

suchacutie
09-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I only became aware of Tina a bit over 3 years ago and I certainly don't think I'm anywhere near to understanding Tina, nor understanding how far I can/wish to go with her. My current goal is to be able to transition from male to female without a thought, do it quickly, and convincingly. The biggest problem with moving forward at warp speed is that life just gets in the way. Tina needs time and thought and research and practice. Earning a living and family life need time as well, so Tina moves along slowly but steadily. So for me, it's just getting stronger and stronger. When I have reached this first goal, it will be interesting to see what happens!

tina

Teri Jean
09-30-2008, 06:00 AM
As I have said in the past I found my self dressing more in the past year and loving it but the closet is closed as yet. My daughters would not understand as they are very conservative. I wear panties and sports bras when at work in the winter months to conceal lines and some times nylons which also adds warmth when it is colder but the mornings on the porch(inclosed) dressing and having the cup of coffee has been a ritual that I look foreward to. At 59 I wish I would have started much earlier. As far as transitioning to a women I wish I could have breasts, possibly a B cup but I still like being a man also.

:love:Keli-H