PDA

View Full Version : A powerful hold

Skirtboy
08-28-2008, 03:44 AM
Whilst browsing at Goodwill awhile back, I came upon this very nice red dress. It fit me perfectly when I tried it on, and was of a tolerable length, reaching to just above the knee. This is a rarity, as generally dresses of decent length are too big for me, and those that fit in the body often are too long.

The problem was that it had an extremely powerful hold over my mind. I'm talking One Ring levels. Taking it off in the dressing room was sheer torture, and I knew that, should I buy it, I would seldom take it off. Cleaning aside, this would inevitibly result in me being found out. More to the point, that degree of obsession to a bit of cloth disturbs me on a very deep level. Thoughts?

Kate Simmons
08-28-2008, 04:16 AM
A lot depends on the degree of compulsion CDing is for a person. For myself it would merely be something I might look nice in. If circumstances allow, I would get it, if not, well, maybe something for another time. It's funny how some of us have come to a point where it's just considered clothing while some may have an overriding need to have something despite inconvenient circumstances.:)

Kimberly Long
08-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Just wate until you come across the Little Black Dress, it will grab you just like the red one got you. I love my LBDs. Enjoy it.

Karren H
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I'd say if your trying on red dresses in the Goodwill store your already found out to some degree..

So that being said.. Hell yes, if its red and cute then ya got to buy it!! Its in the crossdressers handbook!! Can't remember the exact page but the rules are the rules!!

Ohhh. And if you don't want it.... Let us know where the store's locared so one of us can go buy it!! :)

Cathytg
08-28-2008, 08:39 AM
I don't see the buying as the issue. Of course you buy it.

But you indicate that you have a compulsion about wearing it. Is that really true or do you just like it a great deal?

I just looked at your profile. You are very young - to me. Time will mellow that burning need in the sense that you will feel much more free to wear a red dress or not. I think I felt the same way when I was 18. Well, I don't remember. What was I talking about?

Angie G
08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Your young you will grow out of it. I wanted a oriental dress foe ages. How I have one I've had it on 3 times. well get you ass back to the store and get the dress hun or your going to kick yourself latter. It's to late is not a good place to be. :hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Your CD compulsions COULD get stronger, in time. I've been doing this for 10 years. Altho I never try on clothes in the stores, I know what fits and what doesn't. U'd think I'd know better, but sometimes I will fall in love with a dress I KNOW won't fit me!
So, I get it and it sits around until I have the time and inclination to alter it. Usually, I'll then wear it for one dressing session, and put it way for a
year(s). I have a marvelous yellow spring dress waiting for me to alter it. Probably, it will have to wait until NEXT spring!
But I JUST HAD TO HAVE THAT DRESS!

So, it's definitely NOT just you!:doh:

Angela-Russell
08-28-2008, 10:20 AM
I think your worrying too much Skirtboy, we all have obsessions like this at one time or another. I've got lots of stuff that I never want to take off, but I know I have to eventually. It's all part of CD'ing. When you buy the dress you'll wear it a few times, & then you'll see something else that you "must have", then the process repeats itself. Then, what do you end up with? A wardrobe full of lovely clothes & accessories. Now, get your skates on, go get that dress.

Melinda G
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
This is a rarity, as generally dresses of decent length are too big for me, and those that fit in the body often are too long.

I would strongly suggest you all buy a sewing machine. I'm not talking about sewing an entire dress. Just simple alterations. I bought a cheap sewing machine, years ago, to make some canvas projects for my boat. I quickly realized it could be useful in other applications.
I buy dresses to fit in the shoulders and body, and just shorten them to whatever length I want. I have turned long sleeve dresses into short sleeve dresses. Or to make it even more simple, just buy some "iron on" hem tape. Just cut the length or sleeves to where you want it, and fold it over about 3/4 of an inch, and iron on the hem tape, with a hot iron. Being males, we probably will never find clothes that fit just the way we want them. But it can be a simple do-it-yourself project.

Jenna Lynne
08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I would strongly suggest you all buy a sewing machine.
Ah, if only there were time enough! I could easily get deeply into sewing ... but it would have to stand in line behind about six other things (none dressing-related) that fill up my entire day and then some.

***Jenna Lynne***

Cary
08-28-2008, 03:08 PM
I hope you bought the dress. I've gone through the some thing from time to time. My only regrets are when I spend my last dollar on something that can wait or pass something up that was perfect, that is gone when I try to come back for it. My advice, When you find that perfect thing, get it!:)

RavenAndrea
08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
I agree with the other responses - if it fits and you like it - BUY IT! Going back to the store to look at the same dress a few times will give the sales staff an obvious indication you are considering for yourself and could lead to an embarrassing moment. Just like any GG, it is hard to find a dress that both fits, looks good on you and it affordable. So when you find one that fits the bill, go for it.

Andrea

DonnaT
08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I hope you bought the dress. I've gone through the some thing from time to time. My only regrets are when I spend my last dollar on something that can wait or pass something up that was perfect, that is gone when I try to come back for it. My advice, When you find that perfect thing, get it!:)

I agree.

There's been a few times I've willed myself not to buy something, only to have it haunt me. Then I end up looking all over for it, and can't find another.

So, which is worse, obsessing over wearing it or over buying it?

PamelaTX
08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Of course, buy it! You'll only obsess about it worse if you don't.

It's not just the cloth that's addictive, it's the person you let yourself become when you put on the cloth.

tricia_uktv
08-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Remember that life is about having fun. I've a number of dead sexy dresses I love to wear and they all started like that. I'm lucky in that I can normally very quickly pick out a dress i like (adore) in a shop. For a while its obsessive but then it dies down - until the next time!

charlie
08-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Lustingforherclothes said it best. Every time I talk myself out of buying the right thing I am always sorry. I have left a store, thought about it for a day and returned only to find that the dress was gone. That especially happens at the Salvation Army, Goodwill ..etc. When you see something, it is best to buy it then.

Chiana
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
On several occasions I have become "obsessed" by a particular dress. I have NEVER been disappointed when I got it. The dress in my avatar was one of those "got to have it" items. Go for it.

Lucypink
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Babe, Please do not hesitate on those urges, be careful but do it, I regret not buying my own clothes when I was younger, slimmer and less hairy. I was a late bloomer so at your age with the correct clothes and Make up I am sure I would have passed easily... but any way this is my opinion... Lucy