PDA

View Full Version : Purging Question

jame
08-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Gurls.Have been a lurking member of this site for many years(very shy!!!).I must say you gals are a HOOT!! .Having been a single crossdresser living alone in Miami Beach,I have alot of clothes,shoes,make up and new forms. I am in the process of moving .I am not taking any of it.I would rather another dresser have these things!!Which brings me to a question I have for u girls.Besides E-bay is there anywere to sell just to dressers???

XOXO
Jamie

Shelly Preston
08-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Jame

Yes there is another way

when you have 10 posts you will be able to sell using this sites classifieds section

DonnaT
08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Why are you selling it all instead of keeping it?

You'll most likely end up repurchasing everything, and miss some of the most precious items.

You could talk to some of the FL tri-ess chapters, if you still want to sell.

http://tri-ess.org/SSS_chapdir.html#Region5

Gayle
08-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Please don't, you will come to regret it. Most of us have done it at least once. Far better to pack it all up and keep it for when the urge comes back, as it will.

Deborah Jane
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I don,t know the reason why you want to get rid of everything, but i,m sure you,ll wish you hadn,t in the future!!

Purging doesn,t work!!!

Many of us have tried it and eventually most of us end up replacing everything

charlie
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
A few boxes is all you would need to pack it all up in. Think of when you move. The first time you see a nice pair of legs go by with some great heels you will be out buying them all over again. Save time and money! Pack them. The few times I purged, I regretted it. Purging simply did not stop the urge, it just made it more expensive.

tricia_uktv
08-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Why are you selling it all instead of keeping it?

You'll most likely end up repurchasing everything, and miss some of the most precious items.

You could talk to some of the FL tri-ess chapters, if you still want to sell.

http://tri-ess.org/SSS_chapdir.html#Region5

I totally agree and promise the desire will come back, only stronger!

PamelaTX
08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh, don't do that! I tossed out a cute little pendant a while back, and my feminine side has never let me hear the end of it!

Trust me, you'll want it all back!

TerriM
08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I purged 2x in my life. The 1st time I threw everything in the goodwill dumpster. Very expensive. The 2nd time, everything went into boxes and was stored in the attic. I also did the same for a friend and she was very happy I did.
Yours Terri

deja true
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Look in the Reader free newspaper in Miami. I think I read a while ago that a used clothing shop was started in Ft Lauderdale or Wilton Manors by a couple of drag queens. It may be a consignment shop, and that area has become the gay and trans neighborhood in recent years, I've heard.

CD Susan
08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi Jame, I must agree with everyone else here. Do not purge your feminine things!!!! The urge to dress always returns and you will have to replace everything. Believe me as I did it three times in my long history of cd'ing. I fought this part of me for many years and believed that if the clothes were gone the urge would go away. It does not work that way! If you think you want to stop dressing then just put your things in storage someplace. There have been some excellent suggestions already posted here. I hope you will take our advice to heart and not gid rid of your things. Eventually you will wish that you hadn't.

jame
08-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Thank you for all the heart felt advise ladies.I stopped dressing about a year ago.Been in my closet since(2 suitcases,big box of shoes).I am moving and want to travel as light as possible.

Wendy me
08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
take the clothes and leave the tool box............

victoriamwilliams1
08-28-2008, 06:21 PM
take the clothes and leave the tool box............

I agree with Wendy :)

jame
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
HMMMMM Not a bad idea.....Toolbox is significanty larger ....I might look a little silly hood of a customers car with a red satin pump in my hand

Karren H
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I typically give my unwanted, gently worn clothes to crossdressers who need them or give them to charity....

Deborah Jane
08-28-2008, 06:35 PM
HMMMMM I might look a little silly hood of a customers car with a red satin pump in my hand

Not neccesarily....I once used a stilleto as a hammer, and if you shape the heel they make handy screwdrivers :D

Wendy me
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
HMMMMM Not a bad idea.....Toolbox is significanty larger ....I might look a little silly hood of a customers car with a red satin pump in my hand

put them on your feet silly............

Deborah Jane
08-28-2008, 06:45 PM
put them on your feet silly............

I don,t think the customer would be impressed if Jame stood on the hood of their car wearing pumps :heehee:

jame
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
:):) LOLOLOL.....u girls got me rollin round laughin...:):)

Tina B.
08-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Jami, I have never regretted pruging, you go for it, after all just think, when the urge does return, there is just tons of pretty new things out there just waiting to be bought. After all every girl knows the real fun is in the shopping
Tina B.

CD Susan
08-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Hi again Jame, you have not said how soon you are moving and want to get rid of your things. If you are really intent on getting rid of your things then at least sell them or donate them to a second hand store. PLEASE do not throw them in a dumpster someplace!!!!! This is just such a waste!! Thinking of it makes me want to cry. I propose this to you, if you send your things to me in a box, or several boxes, I will store them for you until you ask for them back! I will not open the box but will store it for you free of charge and mail it back to you at my expense when you want it back. I have the means to do this and I am serious when I say this. I would do this as an act of friend ship to one of my sisters because I care for all of them including you. If you PM me I will talk to you more about this. Susan

docrobbysherry
08-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Keep them for a month after your move. Then, purge if u still have the urge. I don't think u will!?

cdmindymi
08-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Here a big hug for susan, I was thinking the same thing.

Take her up on it Jame, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The odds are you will start dressing again. I stop few times lasted over one year. If you don't in lets say another year, then send for them and sell them.

best of luck on you move and the new chapter in your life.

emmicd
08-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Jame,

I agree with the girls here on the subject of purging!

I have done it about 6 times and I always feel like a weight has been lifted for about a day then reality hits in and when I look for that cute dress I realize I don't have it anymore and I have to go out and try to find a similar one never finding that one specifically. Then I have to replace all those bras and panties!

I have finally learned that purging is no longer an option for me.

So think about it before you decide!

emmi
xoxo

wishonastar
08-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Away from your home and put all your stuff there.
You will be sorry if you purge because you will end up getting stuff again.

This way it is out of reach and you will have time to think.

If after a few months the dressing urge is not there then maybe you can sell it.

craiglist is one way but it is not as private as ebay since the customer usually picks it up.