PDA

View Full Version : Masking: being someone else

anotherguy
08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
I love being a woman. But there's also something else to it. I love being someone else for a night. Does anyone know what I mean? I love doing what I do, and people not being able to recognise me, because suddenly I'm just another person who can do what she wants.

tamarav
08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Even though I dress everyday, I feel a certain identification with your post. Its almost like an alter ego that has more courage than the male me. Sort of odd in a way, Tami will go anywhere and do almost anything while the male half (OK maybe 20%) won't.

Tami goes into stores without even thinking about anything, other than whether or not may makeup is on right or my nose is shiney. I just love to be the other persona even though it is thouroughly me.

Very odd. I will think about it more.

Your sis,
Tami

Tracy_Victoria
08-29-2008, 01:15 PM
I love being a woman. But there's also something else to it. I love being someone else for a night. Does anyone know what I mean? I love doing what I do, and people not being able to recognise me, because suddenly I'm just another person who can do what she wants.

I think many of us see our crossdressing like that, well I certainly do. My Fem illusion is like slipping on a coat to becoming another person, but yet I'm still the same person underneath all the time.

I very much enjoy my dressing not to see myself looking back from the mirror, ie discounting the clothes and fake chest, By just using makeup, wigs and numerous other items that can be used to make even my fat face look very different (glasses contact lenses, etc) and now most times after years of doing this I am able to look very different.

Also given the fact as a girl I wear very smart clothes look a totally different shape due to bra and tights or (suspender belt) to the slob I can be as a man and yes I really do look like a different person, and hopefully a female one as well. so yes My dressing is very much about looking like a different person, but I'm still the same person inside.

"because suddenly I'm just another person who can do what she wants"

Rarely can we do this, we still have others to think about, and we certainly should not use our crossdressing as a reason to do something we would not do in normal life. Cding is a lifestyle what ever you do in it is down to you, and also anyone else it will affect in that lifestyle, be that lovers or SO or others, at the end of the day Crossdressing is just that, it a removable persona we can step in to and out of, but it never should be seen as a green light to forget the implications it can/will cause in our daily lifes (be that dressed or undressed!)

wishonastar
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Is this what you mean.

http://www.androidworld.com/prod97.htm

Her is some "shocking ones" and very expensive.

http://www.photogenicmask.com/

Masking is seen as a fetish and for fancy dress. They hang out in groups go to parties etc. But with the photogenic masks I am beginning to wonder.
http://www.photogenicmask.com/photos/a2.jpg

Eventually they might be so good you can wear one and no one would know. That would be nice.

Tracy_Victoria
08-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Wishoastar

Not sure the person is refering to actual physical masks, but actually using your crossdressing as a mask to be another person and step out of yourself and be someone else masking your real identity.

Well thats how I read it.

Rachel32533
08-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes, I know what you mean. I too love the feel of antinemity that being dressed offers. My male personia is gone and I fell liberated.

Joanne Curl
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
When I'm dressed I feel like a different person. I feel feminine and pretty. I'm quieter and not as loud, I just feel softer.

Joanne:battingeyelashes:

Mary Lee
08-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I only completely dress about onc e amonth when I go to meetings. Those days I feel like a different person. Calm, relaxed, happy. Other days I underdress and feel better about myself.

anotherguy
08-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Wishoastar

Not sure the person is refering to actual physical masks, but actually using your crossdressing as a mask to be another person and step out of yourself and be someone else masking your real identity.

Well thats how I read it.

That's what I meant, yeah. I've heard the term used specifically in this context before.

What do you think of the ethics of 'masking'? Like if you were to get to know someone, should you tell them that you're not 'really' a woman, if it's not in some way obvious to them? (I'm skinny and young, so I can look pretty androgynous pretty easily.) Do you ever feel like your lying to someone by using your cd name and identity?

Laura_Stephens
08-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I like being able to say to myself, "See! you don't really know me!" "Masking is an important of who I am.

Lucypink
08-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I just love to be Lucy when I can, and yes I'm another person, nothing to do with my male side, and I don't know if the mask is extrme but at the end make up gives me a thin mask to be Lucy.

Veronica 1
08-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Maybe dressing is just a psychological escape from the stress of the real male world, like reading fantasy novels, watching action films, cartoons, and other escapist tactics allow us to invent our own reality. Wait, that raises another question, what if we do all of these things?

Karren H
08-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I used to feel that way a bit but now I feel like myself no matter how I'm dressed....

docrobbysherry
08-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Not the part about "---and doing anything u want". When I was younger, I traveled a lot out of the country. Met many new folks I knew I would never see again. I could tell any story about myself, with no consequences. However, as I aged, and found out who I was, ( more or less), doing that lost it's thrill for me.

The OTHER part of your post is what I found so interesting. About, " BECOMING ANOTHER PERSON!" U weren't refering to actual masks, but u were refering to me.
My personality doesn't change when I dress.
But, the person I see in the mirror is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PERSON!
Different gender.
Different age.
Attractive and sexy, to me anyway. (I don't find ANYTHING about my male self either of those!)

The only way I can achieve that result, is coincidentally, by wearing a mask! My male person needs to completely disappear, for me to enjoy my female look.
That is why I started with the masks many years ago. I needed to SEE a entirely different person, whenever I dress! And I still do. Maybe this thread will help others understand that need!:D

Margot
08-31-2008, 07:21 AM
I think I have become the other person. My male sensibilites seem to be slipping away and Margot seems to becoming dominant. This is what I was hoping for. I have little need for my male personna.
:hugs:
Margot

Kate Simmons
08-31-2008, 08:48 AM
That's the way I used to feel before I balanced and integrated my feelings. Personally, I need both sets of feelings to be a whole person. In any case, whatever I do is totally myself regardless of appearance.:)

Genifer Teal
08-31-2008, 10:11 AM
I may have felt that way more in the beginning. Now i know it is all me. - both sides. I love how much recognition I have gained by going out so much. It never ceases to amaze me how many places I go where people know my name. Sometimes I feel like I've created this persona and gave it life. It feels great to have people know, recognize, and appreciate me.

Gen