PDA

View Full Version : I could use some help

arani5879
08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know of or know how to find a good shrink in slc utah?

any help would be appreciated

Kimberley
08-29-2008, 02:48 PM
You can start with the Yellow Pages. If the advertiser says anything like Behaviour Modification or Cognitive Behaviour/Therapy, you might want to give it a miss.

The best approach is for a Humanist/Existentialist approach to therapy. You can call and ask and it doesnt cost you a thing. After that make the appointment and interview the pdoc. I made a post about that a while back so you will have to do a search for it.

First though, you may need to see your GP about meds if you are in a crisis. If it is severe, get to an emergency psych intake at a hospital.

Good Luck.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Sharon
08-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Try this site and page (scan down to Utah):

http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm

If none of them sound promising, do a websearch with the keywords you feel are appropriate.

Good luck! :)

GypsyKaren
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Google, young lady, try Google.

Karen Starlene :star:

arani5879
09-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks that helps alot! :)

Avito
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Most shrinks only want your money! So they can be happy. You don't need one! They need you!

GypsyKaren
09-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Most shrinks only want your money! So they can be happy. You don't need one! They need you!

A shrink saved my life, I needed it, I'm happy, and it was money well spent.

Karen Starlene :star:

Sharon
09-03-2008, 03:09 PM
A shrink saved my life, I needed it, I'm happy, and it was money well spent.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

If someone feels a need to seek the services of any sort of help, it doesn't do anyone any favors to just denigrate the whole notion of it. You not only insult the profession, but you also insult the person asking the question.

There are a few therapists who may not be worth the air they breathe, just as is true anywhere in society, but there are many who couldn't charge enough for the help they provide. Fortunately, as with Karen, I had a world class therapist and she also literally saved my life.

Avito
09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
You are missing the whole point! If you cannot find one at that time, it is not the right time! As you can end up spending a lot of money for the wrong reasons. Or the person is not looking at the problem in the right way. A small problem becomes a big problem and a big problem becomes a small problem. So you switch it around and then decide what to do, because if you go to the wrong one, they will take your money.