PDA

View Full Version : Incident at the Doctor's Office

patti
08-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi Everyone!

Was wondering if anyone else here has ever had a similar experience.

I needed to go the the Back Doctor today,,,keep in mind, even though I am in my late 40's, I am athletic, and would have trouble passing as a Lady, being 6 feet tall with a large frame. Most people percive me as a more "manly man" with a soft personality...if they only Knew!

Anyway, I always wear panties...I had on a pair of Hanes "Her Way" cotton hip-huggers. Well, low and behold, they needed to take some X-rays...no problem...the girl said to take off my belt and remove everything from my pockets, and lay down. Then she said to unbuckle my pants, and lowere the zipper so the metal is out of the way. Then she came over to position the equipment over the area to be X-rayed, and of course while positioning everything she adjusted my shirt and the zipper, and in the priocess she could easily see the waistband of may panties! What could you do? I told my wife about the incident, and she just laughed. She said, "I bet she actually liked seeimng your panties, more men should wear them." That's at least my wife's perspective!

Put me a little on edge! By the time I left the office, I passed by this girl several times, ahe never said a word, very professional, but she did seem to have a little smirk on her face.

Just wondering if others have had this experience!

Patti:o

tamarav
08-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Medical professionals have seen it all. My wife was an ER Nurse for years and she tells me that when they were cutting clothes off people, many men had panties, panties, panties, on. X-ray techs are the same since they are constantly asking for your pants to be lowered.

Glenda58
08-29-2008, 10:01 PM
That's all I have are panties. Last year I had silk and lace ones on in pink no one cares but you.

Pretty Pearl
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
I haven't had that happen. Yesterday I was at VS and ended up being measured for a bra. I was wearing a different bra under my t-shirt and while trying on a trial bra I had to ask for help and still had my bra on. The whole experience was a little embarrasing, but a lot of fun and a turn on for me. The gal helping was very good and didn't say anything.
Pretty Pearl

Lucypink
08-29-2008, 11:11 PM
It never has happened to me, But I think as your wife, Is is a funny story. Thanks for sharing.
Lucy

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-30-2008, 09:22 AM
It has not happened to me as of yet but surely will some day since i don't have any other underthings than my fem ones. I am very healthy and don't expect to have to see the doctor any time soon but when I do it will be with full undergarment you can be sure of that!

Angie G
08-30-2008, 10:05 AM
I alway go to a doctors 100% drab. :hugs:
Angie

Cristi
08-30-2008, 11:03 AM
I alway go to a doctors 100% drab.

I can't go 100% in drab, since I only OWN panties, but I own a few pair that are pretty plain, solid color cotton with a narrow waist band that, without too close inspection, could be mistaken for men's bikini shorts.

I've only had to drop my pants once in the Dr's office in recent memory, and there was no comment at all, so they either 'passed', or he just didn't care. Either way....

Amy Lynn3
08-30-2008, 12:15 PM
I know an X-ray tech at a large hospital and he has told me about some patients who he x-rays, but they tilt to the funny stories, or how bad a fracture was. Its un-real how many people get hurt on dirt bikes.

Rachel Morley
08-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I think a lot of it is in our own minds ... you know, when we think the nurse has an apparent "knowing smile" when in fact she is just being friendly.

I always wear a bra and panties as my regular underwear no matter what, even at work. My wife likes me to do this too as we met on a "Men in bras" type forum.

Anyway, my point is, when my wife and I both went to a vasectomy consultation I was wearing panties. A plain pair of Vanity Fair ones like these (http://www.barenecessities.com/Vanity-Fair-Classic-Ravissant-Brief-Sizes-5-8_product_VanityFair15712_,search,.htm). I didn't expect an examination as they told us it would be just a consultation talking about our options. Anyway, what could I do? I had to pull my jeans and panties down right there in front of the doctor as he examined me. I absolutely know he saw my panties as they were pink and made of nylon with a white cotton gusset. Also his eyes moved down to my ankles and look into my jeans as I stood there. I saw the surprised look on his face :eek: I just tried to ignore it and pretend like it was the most natural thing in the world. My wife was trying not to laugh the whole time :D

So what happened? ..... nothing. Not a word was said. He just did his job and when I realized he wasn't going to say anything the "moment was gone" and I was fine. This is something my wife and I laugh about still today. :)

pamela_a
08-31-2008, 10:19 AM
I've worn my bras and panties to doctors appointments for years. I've had several ultrasounds of my leg that required taking my pants off and lying on the table in my panty and never had anyone comment. A couple of times the ultrasound tech tucked a towel around the leg opening to keep the gel from getting on them (which I thought was very considerate of them).

The only comment I've received about wearing a bra was from a female urgent care doctor who asked if I was on hormones or transitioning since my problem could have been related.

The greatest fear we have is what we create in our mind. Medical staff (unless they're very new) has probably pretty much seen it all already. You probably won't be the first and I'm confident you wouldn't be the last. Just go ahead and wear what you normally wear.

-Paula-

Sarah Doepner
08-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh yes! I have a small problem of hand eczema and sometimes the skin on my fingers peels away to the quick of the nail. It can be pretty painful at times. I went to the dermatologist to have my hands looked at so I could get a new treatment that has proved to be very successful by the way. During the examination the Doc explained that sometimes the eczema will show up on the feet as well and wanted to examine them.

Oh Lordy!

The doc and his nurse got a great look at my brand new pedicure complete with "I'm Not Really a Waitress" red polish. I tried to explain that my wife got it for me as we prepared for Halloween, but since it was still September, I don't think the math fooled them at all.

CD Susan
08-31-2008, 10:48 AM
I have been going to a chiropractor for many years for low back problems. My doctor and his assistants have seen my panties many times and never once has anyone said a word about it. Those in the medical profession are trained professionals and know that it is not proper ethics do discuss a patients choice in undergarments.

Karren H
08-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Mine have seen my completely shaved body many times and my panties a few times and it was no big deal....

Dr.Susan
08-31-2008, 11:11 AM
You can be sure it won't be spoken about in public. In the staff lounge it will most likely come up.

FlygrlChristy
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
I go drab whenever I have to go to the doctors office, or anywhere I even think I will have to drop trou, too chicken I guess. I wish my wife had the same attitude as yours about it, you are one lucky girl.:)

Christy

Billie Renee
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
When I go mostly just for a check up,I wear nothing but girl things bra, panties, and what ever outer wear I decide to go in weather it be jeans or skirt. No one has said anything except how nice my nails are or how my hair looks. Fun to be a girl when u go everywhere in fem.:)

KLUP
08-31-2008, 10:00 PM
I was in a auto accident in july and had to be taken to the emergency room.There I was wearing bra and panties for all to see. Nothing was said untill a few days latter when a nurse asked me about my clothing choice I told her the truth and that was all anybody said:)

Michelly
09-01-2008, 12:24 AM
I had to go in to the hospital to have a large cyst removed from my back and I went in mixed clothes (male and female) with panties and jewelry but no bra. I always wear acrylic French tip pink and white nails on my hands and I had a nice pedicure with wine color on my toes. The nurse scolded me for wearing all the hardware and said I needed to have all my clothes off under the gown. I decided to wear my pink panties and they didn’t like that. But if I was a GG I would have gotten the same treatment. The nurse told me that I had the prettiest toes and she appreciated that. She said a lot of people come in with ugly toes.:)

Tracii G
09-01-2008, 01:00 AM
My chiropractor is female and she has commented on my girly jeans in a positive way several times.Things like '"I have a pair of those and they are so comfortable".I don't see why guys have such a phobia of wearing womens jeans if they fit and look good why not.Maybe its just me.

Carin
09-01-2008, 01:28 AM
The last time I went to the Doctor's office for a consultation, in the process of explaining why I was there I said "Bye the way I am transgendered". We had a brief and very ethical conversation on it ("Are you on hormones?") and moved on.

Oddlee
09-01-2008, 01:36 AM
I had a heart attack while on a bike ride earlier this summer - dressed in cycling shorts and jersey. I made it to the emergency room, and (obviously) lived through the experience. Like other cyclists, I have shaved legs (well, it really has little to do with cycling...). The odd thing about this experience was when I was about to be released I was visited by a nurse who talked to me about medication and the future. Her comment was about how heart attack survival and treatment was gender-specific, no matter what sex one thought one was. Was she telling me that she thought I thought I was female? On the evidence of my shaved legs? Had I said something in my sleep?

I'll never know, and who cares?

Lee

emma_33tv
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I have had several instances where doctors have seen articles of female clothing and or painted nails etc.... The first was when I was in my early 30's and diagnosed with Hypertension. As a result I was sent to see a consultant of general medicine to see if they could ascertain the cause. I remember I was wearing panties, and natural colour pantyhose and my toenails were painted bright red. The doctor asked me to remove all my clothes and slip a gown on which I did. He then examined me with a nurse in attendance and commented on my toenails. The nurse said my toes looked great and she liked the colour. Nothing more was said about my attire or nails. This has happened on more than one occasion through various examinations and happened only 14 days ago when I went to see a neurosurgeon about a pre-existing back condition. He was also unfazed by my toenails.
The best experience to date was when I was recovering from an operation on my lower back and was regularly visiting an accupuncturist. I would arrive for each visit wearing shorts pantyhose, panties and again my toenails painted. I would remove all clothing except for my panties for the treatment. Nothing was said the first few visits but then she asked if I was a Crossdresser etc.... and we then had a full blown conversation about it....sexuality etc.... and became great friends. I guess they view at is an uncommon occurence and may inwardly question why....? But I have never had a negative comment or experience.

Beth-Lock
09-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I don't know what to do now. I pretty well told my family doctor about it, but I am not sure she would appreciate me going dressed up, inside or out, since she is quite a severe person.
I used to go to the doctor, pretty well completely in drab, carrying what I needed to change in a backpack, and then change completely or partially on the way out. It gave me something to look forward to.:)

Cathytg
09-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Of course you know that you will laugh about this someday.

I wear panties often - sometimes more than just that and I always wonder what would happen if I had to reveal any items of the opposite custom. I would like to think that I would start a conversation about transgender and simply end with "Have a nice day." The older I get, the more reasonable that sounds and I guess that is what would happen.

And, why on earth not?

Be thankful that your wife saw the humor in it. She can give you some perspective at times. We all need to get out from within ourselves sometimes.

serinalynn
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I too have worn a pantie to the doctors office and the medical professionals have not said even one word about it. Once while doing a DOT physical I wore a light tan lacy cami and a green nylon pantie the Physicians Assistant that I saw looked at my lingerie and continued about her business.

MaxineF
09-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Medical staff (unless they're very new) has probably pretty much seen it all already. You probably won't be the first and I'm confident you wouldn't be the last. Just go ahead and wear what you normally wear.

-Paula-

As a Doctor working in the Emergency Department of a busy Australian hospital, yes I have seen pretty much everything.
Interestingly now that I am a GP I don't see that many of my fellow cross dressers. Perhaps it's a "living in the country" thing...

M

mackemlass
09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I recall two letters concerning crossdressing and nurses that I've read in newspaper/magazine advice columns in the past. The first was from a guy who was involved in an accident and taken to hospital,and was embarassed because some of the nurses laughed at him when they saw he was wearing panties and a camisole. The reply given was that nurses are used to seeing unusual sights and he should just ignore them.

The second was from a nurse herself who attended to a crossdresser for the first time-again the guy was wearing fem underwear. She told her husband who jokingly dressed up in her stockings and nightie. She then got upset when he started asking to wear them regularly and started buying hose and panties for himself.