PDA

View Full Version : Expressing My Femme Side on Holiday

Girly Sara
08-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi ya girls!

I'm a bit late in updating you on this, but better late than never! :) Like last year, me and my girlfriend, Michelle holidayed in Majorca back in June.

When we go away, i'm always looking at pushing the boundaries as far as expressing my feminine side, although i was going to be in 'Alan' mode. Unfortunately, i'm still to learn to fully apply make up although i'm confident and quite proficient in applying mascara, pencil eyeliner and painting my hands and feet.

A lil bit of background here. When we went to Majorca last year i found the confidence to wear bikini bottoms beside the hotel pool during the day and also wear female clothes whilst on the hotel room balcony on the top floor at night. The most daring of bikini bottoms i wore were orange and white floral with a buckle on one hip (no tie-sides...not brave enough for that...yet!) Whilst dressing femme in the evening, i wasn't wearing a wig or any make up, other than mascara.

Moving on to this year i thought i would try and express my femme side more openly. This year we were based on the 2nd floor. As you looked out from the balcony, there was a slope where people could walk up and down within the hotel resort and there were stairs adjacent that people staying in could reach their rooms from. Anyways, i thought "Hey, i'm on holiday and no one's going to see me again, so let's go for it!" So what i would do is wear summer vest tops with either floral, denim short skirts or hot-pants, not forgetting my silicone breast forms in my bra. To add to this, i'd wear mascara, eye-liner, nails all prettified and femme perfume on. Just to re-cap, i'm wearing no wig and in 'Alan' mode. Although i found this quite nerve-racking at times, the thrill and liberty of expressing myself was brilliant! I can honestly say that no adverse comments were made when i would be sitting outside on the couch, listening to music on my I-Pod, drinking, reading magazines and looking out over the beautiful harbour....heaven! In the evenings i would often go the hotel restaurant wearig mascara, eye-liner and perfume. I admit that were curious looks as we sat there but i didn't let this phase me too much.

My philosophy is that life is too short not to do/be who you want to be so just go for it. We're off to sunny Florida in 2 weeks time and i hope to be able to express myself just as much, if not more whilst there.

Would love to hear other people's experiences in a similar situation so come on girls, share it with us all!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sara xxxx

Angie G
08-30-2008, 09:24 AM
If you doll up and look like you avatar I doubt anyone will know you not a girl.:hugs:
Angie

debbeelee1
08-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a lovely vacation Sara!

Girly Sara
08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your nice replies, girls! xxxxx

Girly Sara
08-31-2008, 08:57 AM
I was hoping for more replies than this :sad:

Sarah Doepner
08-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Sara,
I find it interesting that you look so convincing when dressed totally and you like the look that is more of a gender bender. I could never do that and admire your strength. It does show that people, in some settings, are open to a full range of gender expression, but I wonder how well it would go away from a resort environment.
Good luck and I hope your Florida trip is sunny during what is looking like a busy storm season. If it gets really windy the no wig look may be the best choice! ;-)

Girly Sara
08-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi ya Sarah,

Thanks for your reply, hun. Just to clarify, that i'm gonna be dressing enfemme without wig n make up as i'm yet to learn to do my own make up. It's my ideal choice but i'm wanting to make the best of what i've got available.

Yep, just seen Hurricane Gustav hurtle through the Gulf of Mexico to New Orleans. Hope New Orleans don't have the same disaster that had before.

Take care.

Sara x

Rachel Morley
08-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi Sara,

What you have been doing and are going to be doing is similar to what I like to do too when I'm feeling confident. i.e. openly wear women's clothes and some eye makeup but otherwise be in boy mode. i.e, no wig, forms or hip pads. I do love being fully en femme too but sometimes I like to present like you are suggesting.

It does take courage sometimes, depending on where a person is going and what type of people might be around. I usually like to wear my "stealth bra" and panties, a slightly scooped neck girls t-shirt (in a non masculine colour) women's shorter shorts, womens' open toed saltwater sandals, painted toenails (as are my fingernails) a baseball cap, eyeliner, mascara, perfume, gold stud earrings, a woman's watch ... oh and of course I have no body hair at all.

I done this in tourist areas on the coast, also in San Fransisco, and I've also done it in Las Vegas too. People do look at me sometimes, and I do feel that it's a little bit like riding a roller coaster - exciting and scary at the same time :) But I do love it all the same as being a feminine man is what I'm all about really. I just try to make sure I don't put myself in harms way when I do this sort of thing. Which to be honest, isn't that often as I tend to do more full on girl mode than anything else. I also assume the uninformed general public probably think that a guy half-presenting like this in public must be either be weird or gay ... however, I'm neither :D

Girly Sara
08-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Rachel,

Lovely to hear from you, hun. Hope you're ok. Hope you and your girl are doin' fine.

I admit that i wouldn't go out in skirt, top etc with no wig, make up etc etc. When i do this, it's in the safety of my hotel room balcony. Self-expression in this respect is still important to me. Unfortunately i don't get out as Sara as much as i would like to at the mo but i sure make up for it in other ways.

All the best!

Sara xxx

Sally24
08-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately, i'm still to learn to fully apply make up although i'm confident and quite proficient in applying mascara, pencil eyeliner and painting my hands and feet.
If you've got the eyes pretty well then the rest is alot easier. Go to a MAC or other makeup counter and have them give you a lesson or two on applying their foundation and blush as well as matching your skin color. I found my MAC artist and product to be incredible and have taken me to a whole new level in my makup.

I almost never do the partial dressing thing, only maybe in front of the computer at home to make me feel better. If it works for you then more power to you girl! I have taken to wearing my nails longer most of the time and occasionally have gone out in sandals in boy mode with my toes painted pink.

Kristen Marie
08-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi Sara,

I went to your other website and your pictures are gorgeous! They show a happy and cute young lady. i would definitely get out more if I was you. Two years ago before i joined this forum I hardly ever got out. This year, I am out several times a month now and my make-up skills get better and better....but it's always a work-in-process. But with each trip out, I learn something new.

Try going to a destination like Las Vegas or Provincetown, MA where it is easy to get out and about as Sara.....i'd gladly go out with you!

emmicd
09-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Sara,

Most crossdressers are dreaming about going out but fall way short of doing so.

You display courage in dressing en femme and presenting yourself without a wig.

I've had very limited experiences with going out en femme but I would find it liberating if I were to do so.

The people in Louisiana are going through a difficult time right now due to the hurricaine approaching. This is very scary!

It is kind of you to be thinking of them.

London is a place I visited once years ago and would love to bring my family to see someday.

Be careful in Florida and enjoy your time here in the states and be safe.

emmi
xoxo

Joni Beauman
09-01-2008, 01:57 AM
You do look lovely. I like to go out domestically en femme whenever possible, but have less reason to be confident than you do (only about 5 times this year). I have a couple days to decide whether to bring wig, forms, full outfits on a 2 wk trip to South Africa by myself (conference and a week exploring). I would hate for all that to be discovered in a thorough customs check...I suppose traveling with a woman makes that somewhat easier. I could say my wife plans to join me...Joni

Girly Sara
09-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all the additional replies, girls! Really appreciate it!

Sally, i actually bought a full make up kit in Jan 07 but have yet to fully take charge of the learning process. I guess that because i'm used to getting my make up done professionally, i feel i'm never going to be able to mirror the lady's great work!

Kristen, thanks for your comments, hun. I wish i could get out more but i've had to make sacrifices in order to pay for 2 holidays and a new car. However, i'm always expressing my feminine side every day in one way or the other. Glad to see you're getting out, hun!

Emmicd, thanks for your comments. I hope you get to go out enfemme in the future. Regarding Gustav, just seen that they've downgraded it to a Category 2 but still lethal! Fingers crossed there!

Sara xxx