PDA

View Full Version : Out fully dressed for first time.

mackemlass
08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
I may be over forty and been dressing on and off for years but until this morning I'd never been out fully dressed. Underdressed plenty of times but never found the strength to take that extra step. Until now. I was laid off from work at the turn of the year,spent some time on benefits followed by several months in a job which I absolutely hated and which was just making me depressed and ill. Then another job opening came along which I grabbed with both hands and things started to pick up again. Settled into the job straight away,picked up the work,started making new friends,life began to look good again. And I decided I wasn't going to hide away anymore. I have a handful of friends and former workmates who know about me,but a little voice inside my head said this is who I am,and it's time I showed the world who I am.

So this morning I got up,got dressed and went down to the shops for groceries. Passed a few people on the side streets then hit the main road and walked along,my confidence growing as I realised that no-one was paying me any attention. Got my shopping,did feel one guy staring as I walked home but I didn't care by then. Got home and felt really good about myself,so good that I decided I wasn't going to stop there. Got changed into my fem jeans and an obvious womans t-shirt,got on the computer,an hour later called a friend and said the discs I'd been promising to burn for him were ready for him to pick up. He said he'd be over later,he came over,we drank several mugs of tea and had a good natter,he obviously must have realised what I was wearing but he said nothing.

But to sum up.......this is the best I've felt for virtually the whole of this year. My life is looking good,my day has been good,I'm happy and content....what more can a girl ask for?

Jenna Lynne
08-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Woohoo! Good for you, sweetie!!!

Personally, I wouldn't have walked to the store, at least not unless I had some cute flat sandals to wear. Blisters I don't need. But I'm a suburban gal at heart. If you live in a city, it's a different story.

It took me a long time to work up the courage to go out, but when I finally did, I never had any bad reactions from anybody. I once even had a shoe salesman (male) slip shoes on my nylon-clad feet. I have no idea what he may have thought. It was a scary moment, but I lived through it.

***Jenna Lynne***

Karen_Ski
08-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Congratulations girl! I know now that you have ventured into the fresh air this will not be your last time there. I have done my grocery shopping en femme for probably 10 years now and although it is generally jeans and a top with tennis shoes it still reminds me of how feminine I can be and how I am a gurl!

Zenith
08-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Bravo! Live your life...

:cheer:

:Peace:

marie354
08-30-2008, 01:28 PM
When it feels good, it's grand!