PDA

View Full Version : Observations at work

Lauren1973
08-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Ok As many of you know I work in industrial sales. Been doing it for a while now. I have made some changes as of late ...I have not been hiding Lauren so much. The older I get the less I care what anyone thinks.While doing this I have noticed that most of the men I am around are treating my slightly diffrent. I never open doors any more, or pick up heavy thing everyone is always doing it for me now (kinda weird but nice) Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Curious,
Lauren

marie354
08-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Ever since I began living as a woman, things have been different as well. I kinda like having doors held for me, and I always ask someone else to help when lifting anything over 10 lbs.

Tracii G
08-30-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm off on Fridays and went by work to pick up my paycheck and had on a very girly pair of hip hugger jeans sandals sporting 2 toe rings and a ladies sports logo'd tee.
The girls in the front office didn't say a word. I talked with them for a good 30 min cutting up like I always do.
They may have talked among themselves after I left if so who cares.
I'll bet they will have something to say come Monday.I hope they do.
It will be interesting if they treat me differently in the future.Thats an interesting observation Lauren.

Angie G
08-30-2008, 07:51 PM
I don't let anything out at work. It's just not worth the hassle. :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
08-30-2008, 09:47 PM
lol Well somethime I think they might be.... but then my suspisions are never true... case in point this last trip... I was sitting really close to a good friend and coworker... and all of a sudden he looked really hard at my eye brows so I thought then looked shocked kind of and looked away and became silent... So I'm thinking he just figured me out since my eye brows are very very thin... Later he came up to me with a question about work and we were like best buds again!! This has happened before and I really think It's me reading too much into other peoples reactions....

Tomara
08-31-2008, 08:58 AM
I have to agree with Karren , I think because we know we have subtle differences in ourselves we think ever one else will be able to tell what they are when they really don`t .
I have thought someone is sure to notice this or that about me and have been surprised that most of the time it never happens .
Tomara

Mitch23
08-31-2008, 09:28 AM
been out dressed with work colleagues three times now, twice to the theatre and once to a club so i guess they kind of know now! Not aware they treat me any differently - I sense that some of the girls treat me a little more girly but that might just be my impression. noone treates me more negatively

mitch