PDA

View Full Version : Interesting observation

Christinedreamer
08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
In looking at other sites and reading numerous postings here, I have noticed that many times in the pictures or the descriptions that accompany dress up scenes for fun from all over the world, that many times the guys will still have on T-shirts or shorts that seem to act as an insulator between them and anything feminine. Its almost like they feel the "girly clothes" contain cooties than cannot cross the T-shirt/ jeans barrier.

I remember once years ago in high school French class, we were reading a story and in the storyline one of the character mentioned that he wore nylon pajamas (men's) as they were easy care and dried fast after washing. The comment in the story about a man wearing nylon anything sent gails of laughter through the classroom.

I heard similar comments when the 70's fabric of choice was Qiana- similar to jersey knit or nylon. My own father was quick to assign feminine attributes to this fabric and belittled me for wanting a qiana shirt.

Anyone else ever hear or see the fear level rise in a guy's eyes when he had to wear a ruffled shirt with a tux to the prom or other episodes of such irrational fears about a particular fabric?

It seems to me that these guys feel their masculinity is in serious jeopardy if they are even in close proximity to anything feminine. I find that so amusing.

Masculinity itself must be so fragile and delicate. rather ironic.

just my musing,

Christine

Jaclyn NM
08-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Actually, my mens pajamas, and my male underwear (when I wear them), are all nylon. I love them, and so does my wife, since she buys them for me. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

TommiTN
08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
"Masculinity itself must be so fragile and delicate. rather ironic."

Masculinity is rather fragile. Many men are so unsure of it that they feel compelled to prove they have it at every opportunity. Sort of a "If you ain't macho you ain't a man" phenomenon.

Natalia
08-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Priceless...

http://www.arcamax.com/zits/s-399292-710995

Celeste
08-30-2008, 07:03 PM
You're so right about some guys freaking over it,but then those same guys probably love the feel of it on a woman.With me I guess I like the feel of it anywhere and everywhere.A lot of men would be doing themselves a big favor if they would slack off and begin to enjoy how clothes feel ,rather than just how they look.

Tracii G
08-30-2008, 09:25 PM
+1....You make a good point about the "taboo" fabrics.It was the same when I was growing up.
I have worn nylon bikini's(mens and womens) for years and love the feel.Hell I even have some silk PJ's and silk panties.

Karren H
08-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Funny... I've never noticed this.... Most of the ones I see are wearing very fem clothing.....

Jolene
08-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Seems to me boys are Taught from an early age what is feminine and what boys are not to wear. Some never get past it.
Jolene :)

CD Susan
08-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I remember when it was strictly taboo for a male to wear a pink shirt. Now it is common to see this. Does this mean we are making progress?

Tina B.
09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
I think we are going backwards! in the mid fifties I had a pair of pink pegers (style of pants for you young ones) my older brother had them in gold, and robins egg blue, I can't see any guy wearing them now! Oh by the way, my father hated them. My mom also made me a pink shirt with black trim to go with those pants, I thought I was really cool!
In the seventies we wore lots of colors, and pasily prints, you don't see that on many men nowdays.
Tina B.

PamelaTX
09-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I used to love those knit polyester shirts we could get back in the 70's. They were smooth and silky just like nylon. I quit wearing undershirts just so I could feel the fabric next to my skin. Whatever happened to those?

Kate Simmons
09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Girl clothes have cooties? Now you tell me. You are right though, men are very fragile and have fragile egos. Just ask any guy (including myself) who's perky wife has put him in his place and deflated his ego. Can you say sulk?:heehee::battingeyelashes:

renee99
09-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I used to love those knit polyester shirts we could get back in the 70's. They were smooth and silky just like nylon. I quit wearing undershirts just so I could feel the fabric next to my skin. Whatever happened to those?

You can find these at the thrift stores fairly reliably.

Angie G
09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I have some men's shirts of like fabric I have no problem wearing in guy mode.:hugs:
Angie

Susan.
09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
A little bit off topic, I was flipping thru the channels and came upon a movie from 1919 (?). This young man dressed to the nines in a suit et al, met a young woman he apparently liked when they were teenagers. He was showing off to her how far he came and mentioned his watch, suit... and ended his bragging by telling her and showing her that he had platinum garters on.:)

I think the last person wearing men's garters that I know about was Ed McMahon on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

docrobbysherry
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
The guys here love wearing ruffled shirts, lite blue, purple, pink, whatever, it's cool. Tuxes? They love them!

Oh, as long as they get to wear their board shorts and flaps, too, that is.:rofl: