PDA

View Full Version : The "Sissy Look" for men and boys

patti
08-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Was just wondering what others thought on this subject. I am a Lover of pantyhose and bodysuits/bodyshirts. These are items that were Very Popular in the 70;s for women, and were "Tested" but failed, as men's clothing as well; ie; Sears Catalog. This "look" would probably be perceived as "Sissy"...but to me would be a great start in getting men and boys to finally "Graduate" to skirts and dresses. Along with pantyhose and bodyshirts for men, now available and Marketed as men's wear, we also have makeup for men, as well as purses (Man-bags).
Was curious to know what others thought on this Idea of trying to present ourselves as "Sissy-Men", as opposed to women...don't get me wriong, I LOVE wearing skirts and dresses, but just thinking about the "Evolution" of the Feminine Male persona.
just curious on others thoughts, especially the women that would be the wives of us "Sissy men".

Patti:love:

Karren H
08-30-2008, 10:36 PM
I aint no friggin sissy and I'll kick anyone ass that says otherwise!! :D

Hahahaha

DemonicDaughter
08-30-2008, 10:42 PM
just an individual? Why another label? Do you think another name will truly change how people see it? I mean, there's Metrosexual that people still confuse as gay. A well groomed male apparently can't be straight. It isn't a matter of giving it a new title and catch slogan. Its educating. Its getting out there are being you despite the odds and proving you aren't going away.

Marketing it isn't going to help. But advertising it does. lol

Edwina
08-30-2008, 11:31 PM

Hahahaha

Me too! :heehee:

:love:

Edwina

Holly
08-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I think I have to side with DD on this one. Why can't I just be Holly, a person who loves to look her best? A person who prefers skirts and heels to pants and wing-tips? I really don't need another label.:eek:

sissystephanie
08-31-2008, 12:07 AM
I think I have to side with DD on this one. Why can't I just be Holly, a person who loves to look her best? A person who prefers skirts and heels to pants and wing-tips? I really don't need another label.:eek:

Even though I have been calling myself Sissy/Stephanie for some time, I really prefer to be Stephanie, a CD who loves to wear feminine clothing. Anybody else who calls me sissy will get what Karren offered!:tongueout

Stephanie (aka Sissy/Stephanie)

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

LilSissyStevie
08-31-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm a sissy and I'll kick anybody's ass that has a problem with it. :tongueout

Kayla Shadows
08-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Im not one for labels either.Evolution to me would be that you are you and I am me.Then I'd think we were getting somewhere.

BritneyLynn
08-31-2008, 12:39 AM
I doubt very many members of the non CD community will develop enthusiasm for any garment that would interfere with the convenience of being able to urinate without pulling your pants down. This would apply to any long pants, tights or hosiery/brief combination that didn't have a fly (or open crotch). There might eventually be some acceptance of a body suit style garment that was elastic enough to pull aside in the restroom, but even there, a structure similar to that used in old fashion tighty whities would probably improve acceptance.

Tracii G
08-31-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm confused now.LOL.
Labels don't work for me either.

Dragonfly
08-31-2008, 01:27 AM
I have a biker tshirt that says: "Last One Dead Is A Cissy".

Im still here... :D

Jenny J
08-31-2008, 01:51 AM

Hahahaha

Major penalty for fighting, off to the penalty box.

Sarah...
08-31-2008, 01:57 AM
Nope. It's not for me. Consider the definitions:

• SISSY (noun)
The noun SISSY has 1 sense:
1. a timid man or boy considered childish or unassertive
Familiarity information: SISSY used as a noun is very rare.

• SISSY (adjective)
The adjective SISSY has 1 sense:
1. having unsuitable feminine qualities
Familiarity information: SISSY used as an adjective is very rare.

I desperately hope that by now I have learnt not to be childish or unassertive and the whole reason I accept who I am is that I believe that my feminine qualities are most definitely NOT "unsuitable". So the "Sissy-man" label would be one I could not possibly bear to hear. If I must be labelled then call me a woman for heaven's sake!

Sarah...

Daintre
08-31-2008, 01:58 AM
I have to agree, I am definitely NOT a sissy, I am a retired person who enjoys her feminine side.

vivianann
08-31-2008, 02:45 AM
I agree with Holly also, I want to be Vivian when I want to.

Lora Olivia
08-31-2008, 02:51 AM
I am not a sissy man and don't wish to be thought of that way. I am a woman although be it that I am stuck in "his" body

Magickman
08-31-2008, 04:40 AM
Anyone calls me a sissy, and I'll hit them with my purse. (The big heavy one with the tools in it)

deja true
08-31-2008, 05:05 AM
Well...whats-his-name don't want no label as "sissy" either. He may be skinny and have a weird sense of humor but to his friends and acquaintances he's a guy through and through.

And deja ain't no sissy either either! When she's around, she'll speak her mind and take on any that annoy her. Or ignore the hell outta them!

As Sarah points out, it's the connotations of the word that are so unappealling, for all genders.

We can use it among ourselves in a tongue-in-cheek or humorous sorta way (kinda like "tranny"), but coming from a 'civilian' I just ain't gonna stand for it in either mode.

Know what I'm sayin', you sissy, tranny bitches?

:D

Kate Simmons
08-31-2008, 05:12 AM
Yep, I seriously doubt that many of us want to be considered "sissies", especially since we have the gonads to do what we do. There seems to be a demarkation with men in society. Those who are just men, those who are macho and would never consider such a thing and those who are willing to explore their feelings and express that. Most of us here fall into that last category in one way or another.:)

Raychel
08-31-2008, 05:15 AM
I have been called every name in the book over the years. Alot of them were swear words. You will have to come up with something better than sissy to get my blood flowing.

In my mind I know who I am, and it doesn't really matter to me what you call me, I am still just me.
:2c:

Stephanie Stephens
08-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Just don't call me late for dinner.

Margot
08-31-2008, 07:02 AM
OOOOH AAAAAAH ! I smell a woman.

tvbeckytv
08-31-2008, 07:17 AM
the hang ups people have over one word or another!
The deffinition of sissy depends on the context it is used. It can mean a male with effeminate behavior. Effeminate is a male with feminine behavior characteristics. Unless you are a transexual, they all are perfectly valid terms.

Angie G
08-31-2008, 07:35 AM
If I'm to be seen in something other then Manley things It will be full out girl thing Nothing in between .:hugs:
Angie

Sara Jessica
08-31-2008, 07:43 AM
"Sissy" may very well be an appropriate word to describe some on the tg continuum, but not so much applicable for CD'ers who wish to present fully as women or those who identify as TG/TS (this girl included, it's the last word I'd even think of using for myself).

As for the concept of "sissifying" the male muggles of the world, I'd have nothing of it. Face it, the differences between the genders is part of what makes us what we are. Evolution of fashion trends is one thing, conversion of others who may not necessarily gravitate towards such expression is yet another. Blurring gender appearances (ie-appearing as a "sissified" male") isn't likely to change anything in and of itself, especially for anyone who wasn't already predisposed to being gender variant in the first place.

Toni_Lynn
08-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Hmmm -- it looks like silly season has arrived! :eek:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

tvbeckytv
08-31-2008, 08:14 AM
"Sissy" may very well be an appropriate word to describe some on the tg continuum, but not so much applicable for CD'ers who wish to present fully as women or those who identify as TG/TS (this girl included, it's the last word I'd even think of using for myself).

As i said, it wholey inappropriate to use in relation to transexuals.
the problem i have is with people who have this idea of feminine hierarchy. Someone may be quite comfortable to describe themselves as sissy, while others will look down on them for use of such a term.
in reality, there may be nothing between them in the way they present themselves. Like i said, its just a word that can be used without being an insult. Any CD that presents as being a woman as best they can IS being effeminate.
Its not the words people use to describe themselves that i hate, its the Transgender snobbery i cant abide.

Tomara
08-31-2008, 08:21 AM
I do not care for labeling anyone , we are all human beings with different tastes and desires , why do we all have to have a label attached to who we are ? Can we as society not just be accepting of one another and our differences ?
I think the world would be a much happier place to live !
Lastly I am not a sissy either.
Tomara

Toni_Lynn
08-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Personally I find the word to be totally inappropriate under any circumstances, and as offensive as the n-word. To me it is the worst insult that a person could heap upon us.

As to the 'feminine hierarchy' that Becky mentioned, again the whole idea of female superiority vis-a-vis sexual domination/ humiliation et al is something that I find to be a perversion of the order of life. We are all human beings, and while created with different abilities, nonetheless no more or no less than any other human, each one of us worthy.

I'm sorry -- coupled with the fact that I am grouchy cause I have a summer cold -- sad events of my school years make this, and that word, a very hurtfilled topic for me:sad::sad:

I will never, again, be put down or humiliated for allowing the girl within to live.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Sara Jessica
08-31-2008, 08:50 AM
As i said, it wholey inappropriate to use in relation to transexuals.
the problem i have is with people who have this idea of feminine hierarchy. Someone may be quite comfortable to describe themselves as sissy, while others will look down on them for use of such a term.
in reality, there may be nothing between them in the way they present themselves. Like i said, its just a word that can be used without being an insult. Any CD that presents as being a woman as best they can IS being effeminate.
Its not the words people use to describe themselves that i hate, its the Transgender snobbery i cant abide.

I feel like I'm being accused of perpetrating transgender snobbery by citing the continuum. First of all, it is often referred to as a TG continuum rather than feminine. Like it or not, it is simply a way to describe the vast differences among us, nothing more, nothing less. Others may try to subvert the idea into something more sinister but that isn't me. I'm simply making a distinction between myself who would have nothing to do personally with the term "sissy" (I agree with those who describe the word as being vulgar) and those who might embrace it for whatever reason. I really don't care either way but I think this gets away from the original point of the thread, the suggestion that the males out there could or should be subjected to siffifying influences.

And by the way, it's a continuum rather than a hierarchy. Hierarchy would always lead to snobbery.

Jenny Beth
08-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Sticks and stones.....I hate all the labels that go along with my lifestyle too but the word "sissy" implies "not masculine" I can live with that but I wouldn't crosscheck anyone into the boards for it....:heehee: :tongueout

Rachel Morley
08-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Believe it or not, I actually have no problem at all if people want to call me a sissy. In fact, compared with a regular Joe-blow type of guy, I'd rather be called that. I'd certainly rather be a sissy than a jock. Compared to most men, a somewhat quiet and effeminate guy (my definition of a sissy) is actually what I am :)

Dragonfly
08-31-2008, 11:28 AM
From my experience, 'sissy' really refers to submissive crossdressing. Sort of a humiliation thing. Thats the way I have always thought of the concept.

darla_g
08-31-2008, 11:39 AM
i was just ready to post when i saw what Dragonfly just said and i agree wholeheartedly. There is a whole lot of baggage that comes with the term sissy than i care to deal with.

Words can morph into a different meaning over time. Just look at how the word gay has been coopted to mean something very different than its original dictionary definition. I think the same is true for sissy.

A community like this is very diverse in terms of their backgrounds, their interests and their self-definition. I don't wish to be categorized by someone who doesn't know me.

Ruth
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Words have special meanings in certain communities. There is a community that equates sissy with submissive CD, but the 'general public' doesn't. The general public thinks of a sissy man, as weak and ineffectual. I don't think it does us any favours to seize on to this label.
What we do requires a certain amount of strength and determination.
Isn't there something else? Flamboyant? In Touch With His Inner Woman?

Dragonfly
08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Well in the CD term...I would consider a 'sissy' to dress very juvenile. Ribbons, girly clothing and those shoes with the cross buckle strap (cant remember the name of them). Almost of adult baby stuff, an element of age-play...I hope that makes sense.

Im probably 100% wrong, but thats the image it conjurs up for me.

Toni_Lynn
08-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Well in the CD term...I would consider a 'sissy' to dress very juvenile. Ribbons, girly clothing and those shoes with the cross buckle strap (cant remember the name of them). Almost of adult baby stuff, an element of age-play...I hope that makes sense.

Im probably 100% wrong, but thats the image it conjurs up for me.

Exactly! (BTW-- The name of the shoes is maryjanes).

This thread just really bugs me. And now I'm sure it not the fact that I'm not feeling well today! Its the whole fetishistic tone of the thing coupled with the use of the word 'boy' as coupled with certain other implications therein makes me a bit quesy

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

obsessedwithpantyhose
08-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Hetroflexible :D

Karren H
08-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Major penalty for fighting, off to the penalty box.

Sure won't be the last time I'm in the box!!! :)

Jenny Beth
08-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Sure won't be the last time I'm in the box!!! :)

Fighting is usually good for five minutes.....enough time to do your nails....:D

victoriamwilliams1
08-31-2008, 01:13 PM

Hahahaha

Ditto that! and when I am done they will regret it:thumbsup:

andy6432668
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Why another label ? education is the only thing that will change people's perception of us ! I've been called every name ever invented do I care hell no because I know they are only displaying their stupidity.

Samantha B L
08-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Offhand I don't like the word "sissy". It means that the person being described is a real gross reprobate. Repulsive,too. Much of my crossdressing has been in the "sissy-fetishist" style(but NOT in the 'adult baby doll"mode) but i sometimes wish people had come up with some other milder term to describe it. "Sissy-fetishist" sounds almost a little twisted and perverted and strange. But i use this expression myself since there aren't many other words to describe this.

But I guess I'd have to say I was a sissy growing up even though I'm not gay or bi. And there were times when I had to get put through some sh-- because of it. That's cool. That was years ago and life is good and bad for everybody on the planet. So I'm not complaining. But I'll wear the lable of the lowly sissy gladly if I have to.............you know research reveals that sissies have 100,000 times more electrical empath ability in their brains and 500,000 times the physics math problem solving ability in the receptors and neurons in their front and middle brain lobes. It's a fact. To echo Rachel I'd rather be a sissy than a jock.

suchacutie
08-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Who the devil can be timid and live this lifestyle???

Any male who the first time puts on panties, bra, stockings, and heels, realizes that there are probably no stronger men on the planet than those who dress as women!

so there!

tina

rosepowder
08-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I do wish for a day when sissy-men will be universily accepted.
As far as being called a sissy, I would not be offended by it, depending on the context.
My personal beliefs are that we have to start slowly, because anything out of the ordinary (men dressing in women's clothes) will be met with discrimination and ridicule.
It's sad but, that's the world we live in today.
I think maybe the fashion industry could help speed the process by making feminine clothing for men more readily accessible and affordable.
Right now there is nothing taboo about women wearing men's clothing.
But when a man where's women's attire people are outraged and judgemental.
I still do believe and hope for a day where men dressed in fem clothing will be accepted through out our society.

patti
08-31-2008, 09:53 PM
I do wish for a day when sissy-men will be universily accepted.
As far as being called a sissy, I would not be offended by it, depending on the context.
My personal beliefs are that we have to start slowly, because anything out of the ordinary (men dressing in women's clothes) will be met with discrimination and ridicule.
It's sad but, that's the world we live in today.
I think maybe the fashion industry could help speed the process by making feminine clothing for men more readily accessible and affordable.
Right now there is nothing taboo about women wearing men's clothing.
But when a man where's women's attire people are outraged and judgemental.
I still do believe and hope for a day where men dressed in fem clothing will be accepted through out our society.

WOW!!!

I don't know what I started! I think Rose understood where I was headed.

I guess it is just naivety on my part...I look at the word "Sissy" in a wh:)ole Different light, one that would be "Positive".

Did not mean to offend anyone. As most of you stated, and I AGREE, I loove being Feminine, and just want to look at it in a Positive Framework...hoping eventually that the Term "Sissy" would be a "Badge of Honor".

I apologize to those that the term brought up "Bad" memories!

Patti

Dragonfly
09-01-2008, 02:24 AM
WOW!!!

I don't know what I started! I think Rose understood where I was headed.

Hm...well I alone have two different perceptions on what 'sissy' means...and others have mentioned their own perceptions that are different again.

Could you explain better what you consider to be 'sissy'? It might help :)

larry07
09-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Names and labels sure seem to have a lot of power, and generate strong feelings. I suppose sissy would not be appropriate for those who are women in male bodies. I am a man in a male body, who happens to be happier wearing womens clothing. I hated being called a sissy as a kid (and it happened quite a bit) but now I wouldn't mind.

I sometimes check in on a forum for men in skirts, and many of the men there hate being called cross dressers or transvestites. They want no doubt that they are manly men, even though they may be wearing skirts.

Larry

tammie
09-01-2008, 07:15 PM
HI All: I am a sissy at heart.

For me being a sissy means just what it implies,

I love to be in lingerie and have sex with men who want a submissive man in drag even if he can't pass.

It's all about the submission and giving pleasure to a man who wants me as a "****ty bitchboi".

Amy Hepker
09-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I am Me, Myself and I. Wait a minute, who is the third person in me???

Great someone else I have to make happy.

No wonder I am not happy I thought there were only 2 of me.

Just Great!!!

LilSissyStevie
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm not a sissy all the time. Sometimes I'm a fairy or a pansy. Nancy boy has a nice ring to it also. My current favorite is poufbunny. When I'm in drab, I'm a gun totin', truck drivin', banjo playin' paleolibertarian farmer.:eek:

I love labels. I've got lots more of them. They don't limit me in any way because there is no limit to the labels I can apply to myself nor is there a limit to the meanings I can assign to them. I can be described by the sum total of all my labels and more!:heehee:

How many do you have? Saying "I'm just me" isn't very interesting or descriptive but it is a great conversation stopper.

patti
09-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Sissy...the way I like to define it, would be a man or boy that has manners that are Refined, like a Girl's, and dresses in a "Stylish way that accents Femininity....slacks without pockets, bodysirts or feminine tops, nylons, women's shoes, perhaps carries a purse or "manbag". But in my View, changing the connontion from a "Bad" thing to a "Good" and for women a "Desirable" thing.

Quite Different from the Traditional meaning!

Patti

Dragonfly
09-02-2008, 02:06 AM
Ahh, right. I gotcha. I guess it all depends whether you're into/are aware of the D/s connotations of the word or not.

What you mean then is basically, an effeminate man. Wearing mens styles but with a feminine twist. Very tight jeans, brown leather boots with deeper heels and feminine touches like flower stitching. Tight, abs-showing tshirts.

That type-a thing?

paulaluvssz8
09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm with Karen on this one. I am very much a man's man. Hunt, fish, play sports. etc... And as far as wanting to go full time dressed as a woman. No thanks. then I would hate doing all the girly things that I now love. Getting dressed and made up. Still love doing it.

Tina B.
09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Don't call me a Sissy, it'll make me cry!
Tina B.

DeeDeeB
09-02-2008, 12:34 PM
If I may bypass the discussion of the word "sissy" for a minute, I would not object to any clothing styles that would encourage the general public into being more open to different looks for men and women. Madison Avenue encouraging men to dress in a more effeminate style (read sissy) may help, especially in urban areas, but I suspect most of us on the edges of civilization may still have a hard time carrying it off. Men's skirts have been around a long time, but still haven't made any noticable impact in my corner of the woods. The dress code where I work specifically states that I will wear slacks to work. They recently grudgingly allowed men to wear shorts "of an apporpriate length". Guess they are not referring to my Daisy Dukes. :D I do dress as feminine as I feel I can get away with, skinny leg low rise jeans for example. But would I go for men's clothing that is designed to be feminine? Probably not. I'm too stuck in my head with women's attire to be satisfied with halfway measures. I would certainly support anyone who did go for the "sissy" look, or any other look they wanted, however.

Dee :fairy1:

PS: Being called a sissy really hurt when I was ten or so, but lately it wouldn't bother me much.

Jenna Lynne
09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
My current favorite is poufbunny.
Can I be a poufbunny too? Can we start a club? Can we have matching outfits? :battingeyelashes:

***Jenna Lynne***

tvbeckytv
09-02-2008, 03:06 PM
And by the way, it's a continuum rather than a hierarchy. Hierarchy would always lead to snobbery.

continuum is the word you used, but unfortunately in the real world hierarchy is what the TG community actually has.

Raquel June
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
There's definitely a "sissy" class of crossdressers who link their activities with emasculation and self-degradation and are very excited by that. That's certainly a motivational component of many CDs I've met, although it's the definite minority on this forum.

These CDs tend to be the more flaky ones who you'll see out now and then -- maybe even a couple weekends in a row, and they'll always be very friendly and extremely excited to be en femme. Your first impression on meeting them might be, "Wow! Where'd you come from? I bet I'll see you out a lot!" but then they'll disappear for months at a time.

I assume it's because they really don't deal with their feelings rationally. They let this drive build and build, then when they can't repress it anymore they dress up and have a good 'ol time, then the next day they associate a lot of shame with what they do. To some degree it was the perceived deviant aspect that drew them to it, and now they're ashamed and may even purge.

We're all kinda nutty, which is fine, but I think the sissy-boys are some of the most nutty, and also some of the most unreliable people you'll meet. They're the ones who usually email me saying, "Hey! Are you going out Saturday? I'll definitely be there!" and usually never show up.

Of course maybe you're talking about something totally different, but that's my impression of sissy-boys.

I doubt very many members of the non CD community will develop enthusiasm for any garment that would interfere with the convenience of being able to urinate without pulling your pants down. This would apply to any long pants, tights or hosiery/brief combination that didn't have a fly (or open crotch).

I'd be interested in seeing how many people agree with you here. I use urinals everyday, and I'm usually wearing jeans and a big belt and boxer-briefs. My underwear has a fly, my pants have a fly, and I suppose it's a little bit of a hassle to undo my belt, but it just strikes me as totally weird and uncomfortable to use the restroom by just unzipping my fly and pulling the equipment out.

I don't think I'm alone there, either ... I've noticed that no-fly trunks and boxer briefs are popping up in a lot of stores.

emmicd
09-02-2008, 09:21 PM
The term sissy when used to describe someone is not a compliment I am certain.

A girl does not like to be called a sissy either!

If given a choice a girl would rather be identified as a tomboy.

Therefore no girl would wish to have a guy in her life who is a sissy.

I am not a sissy but I have nothing against anyone who is.

Simply stated I am a feminine crossdresser who sometimes gets to dress and for that brief moment can be a girl!

I rather like that!

emmi
xoxo

Claire3
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Im Claire,take it or leave it:)

Kellygirl
09-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi All
I think it a shame men cannot enjoy the sissy look and the feel of more silk and satin.How nice it would be to be able to buy some lacy sissyboy bloomers and cami tops nice pantyhose to fit the male parts in nice pastel colours, let men have more choice to be feminine The gals are so lucky whilst us guys have to do so much in secret
Lingerie for ever
Kellygirl:hugs:

sherri
09-03-2008, 10:09 AM
As Racquel has noted, there is a subset of TGs who are into sissy-ness as a fetish that most often involves frilly dresses, petticoats, ruffled panties, etc. But if you consider mtf TGs from the perspective of the general population, I'm pretty sure the majority, especially the majority of men, consider us to be sissies (among other things, such as gay, pervert, yada yada).

I can imagine that many gurls on this forum would take umbrage at the sissy label, but it doesn't bother me all that much. For one thing, I am "sissy" compared to the typical male stereotype, and now that I've been at this for a few years, I find that the effeminence [sic?] has bled over into my guy mode more than I'm aware sometimes. For another thing, being bi, I like for gays and GGs to perceive me as more gurly than guy, even if that means I'm not appealing to some of them. And as far as straight guys go, I have to admit that secretly, it actually turns me on a little bit knowing that some of them perceive as sissy -- as long as they're not hostile about it. And when I'm really feeling kinky, a little bitchy scorn from a GG can be hot, too. :D

I think this is one of several reasons why I prefer being CD rather than TS. I like being a femme guy and being perceived as a femme guy, being a little different and not fitting neatly into little categories. I'll let other people worry about the labels.

charlie
09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Call me a girl and I could like it. Call me a sissy and I don't understand. Dressed, I want to be the best girl I can be. In drab, I am a male through and through (with lots of interest in females). I want to be one or the other. Also, wearing strange clothes that are made for males is not interesting to me either. I either want clothes for just men or clothes for just women. Not anything made to be for both.

Sara Jessica
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
continuum is the word you used, but unfortunately in the real world hierarchy is what the TG community actually has.

The valid existence of a continuum as a means to describe a population with a vast number of traits did not create the hierarchy you describe, people did. Just as there are some people out there who do in fact behave on a hierarchial plain. But it isn't fair to suggeest that all do this.

As for myself, I have close tg friends to the left of where I stand on the continuum, and to the far right, and one who happens to be right there next to me. As long as respect is shown to women, I do not judge, nor do I discriminate on where one might stand. In a way, we're all in this together.

Wow, did this drift way off topic or what???

Raquel June
09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
The term sissy when used to describe someone is not a compliment I am certain.

A girl does not like to be called a sissy either!

That's not necessarily true. The word originated as a more childish version of "sis." These days, the derogatory meaning of sissy is not very socially acceptable, and I've almost never heard it used. I know some women who refer to their sisters very affectionately as "my sissy," though. And crossdressers self-applying "sissy" is just another instance of turning a label around and embracing it, much the way I know gay guys who playfully call each other fag, and black guys who drop the N word on each other. I've often referred to myself and friends as trannies, code monkeys, perverts, and/or the White Devil.

It's like giving the finger to everyone who wants to use it in a mean way.

Hi All
I think it a shame men cannot enjoy the sissy look and the feel of more silk and satin.How nice it would be to be able to buy some lacy sissyboy bloomers and cami tops nice pantyhose to fit the male parts in nice pastel colours, let men have more choice to be feminine The gals are so lucky whilst us guys have to do so much in secret

That's not really "being feminine" in truth. That's a fetish you're talking about. It's 2008. Women don't wear bloomers. That stuff is available for you to buy, but it's never going to be openly accepted anymore than buying pony play gear and enormous sex toys is.

LilSissyStevie
09-03-2008, 11:50 PM
You've got to love this thread. How often on this site do you see so many CDs bragging on how butch they are. It's usually the other way around with all the "I'm more female than you therefor my words carry authority" kind of pi$$ing contests.

Maybe we can start some new topics for the butch CDs like "How far can you spit your tobacco juice in 6" heels and a thong?":heehee: I know some real cowgirls out here that are world class tobacco juice spitters. Maybe that's one reason I don't have much interest in dressing like or emulating a "real" girl. It's not much different than being in drab. I'd rather be a sissy instead.:tongueout