PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal outing

Staci K
08-31-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm a little freaked and am trying to grasp my shopping trip today.

First a little background, a family member committed suicide a little over a week ago. We held his services last Wednesday. We live in the Seattle area, roughly 100 miles away from him.

My wife, daughter, & I planned on spending this holiday weekend as a girls weekend (movies, make-up, shopping, etc) Today, we decided to start the weekend with a shopping trip.

While in Fashion Bug, my wife & daughter went to try on a few outfits - I just hung around the nightgowns (I spotted a really cute one I wanted) while waiting for them to return.

When they returned, I pointed out the nightgown I liked and my wife agreed it was cute and added it to our purchases. After deciding to get it, my daughter decided to look through the sleepwear - I patiently waited.

While I was waiting I happened to glance at a shelf roughly my eye level and spotted an ink pen. I picked up the pen and my jaw hit the floor - it was an ink pen for my deceased uncles business.

Even hours later, I'm still a little freaked. The odds that I found that pen had to be astronomical. First, we're roughly 100 miles away from the town his business was in. Second, of all the stores in the greater Seattle area it happened to be the store we went to. And third, of the entire store, what are the chances that I would have found it left on that shelf.

I'm having a real hard time grasping this as just coincidence. Other than my wife & my daughter, no one knows of my dressing. You think it was a sign from beyond the grave that he knows now?

-nicole- :eek:

RobinScott
08-31-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm a little freaked and am trying to grasp my shopping trip today.

. . . .

You think it was a sign from beyond the grave that he knows now?

-nicole- :eek:

nicole,
First my condolences on your family loss.

Not to worry (or even more worries :idontknow:) nothing on this relm is unknown to the spirit world. They see, and more importantly, know all. The spirit world knows no gender, that is just part of what we are given to communicate with each other in these lifetimes.

I would take it as an honor that he is reaching out to you from beyond. And congratulate yourself that you can receive those communications.

Love,
Robin

Angie G
08-31-2008, 08:03 AM
I think it very well could be Nicoule. One never knows. :hugs:
Angie

Sherry-Stephanie
08-31-2008, 08:21 AM
If John Edward was to comment of this happening I think he might say it was just your uncles way of saying "I'm OK....not to worry".

Rachel Newark
08-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Sometimes those odds seem huge but they happen anyway.

I'm from the English East Midlands. In Seattle on business I went to the Pike's Place market for a look around. I saw the guys heaving fish at each other, bought some lethal chilli sauce and generally played the tourist. After a couple of hours wandering about I paused and glanced down. The floor is covered in tiles bearing the names of people who have, presumably, sponsored them. The tile I focused on had been sponsored by a couple with the same surname as myself. A message - I don't think so - just because something is very unlikely doesn't mean it won't happen :-)

Genifer Teal
08-31-2008, 10:20 AM
I believe not much in life is a coincidence. One recent example is that I had a date for a party. She cancelled and I was so disapponited. I still went to the party and had a way better time alone. It might have been a little awkward having a date there. No comparison to your situation, just that things happen a ceratin way for a reason.

Another example, I reported someone at work for not doing their job right becuase it made me look bad. They were wrong and I was right but I still felt bad for doing it. IT was a negative (somewhat vendictive) response to their actions. Shortly afterwards, something bad happened to me. Nothing major, but I couldn't help wonder if it was related. Negative energy comes back to us.

Just makes me feel like the universe has a plan and things happen for a reason. Maybe some day you will figure out why that pen was there. Maybe it was jsut a sign that someone is whatching over you and everything is ok.

Gen

battybattybats
08-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Sorry about your loss.

Now to put on my parapsychology cap...

With billions of people on the planet while rare such a coincidence is still bound to happen to a small number of people.

That doesn't discount an unknown phenomenon, just shows that unlikely chances will still happen.

Now as for much more hypothetical explanations... well folklore would have it that such things are done by fairies or various gods/angels as well as the spirits of the departed.

Various hypothoses of psychic phenomena would suggest that your own unconcious psychic abilities (or morphogenic fields to use Sheldrakes term) drew you to the store and the discovery of the pen.

Other notions suggest could be that you unconciously apported the pen, making it dissapear from elsewhere and appear near you.

Of course those are all very speculative because parapsychology is an underfinanced and understudied and overderided field still struggling to prove there are phenomena being studied at all.

TommiTN
08-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I will add my condolences to you and yours. Having lost my Dad earlier this year (not to suicide), I know how hard this can be. As far as the presence of the pen, first I would ask you what business was your uncle in? Would his business have given him reason to be in that store recently? Or in that town for that matter? Second, how well did you know him, I mean really know him? There is some evidence that CDing runs in families; perhaps he was one of us and you never knew it? It is a bit strange that one of his gimme pens wound up in the ladies department. Or he could have been in town for the day and innocently shopping for a gift for his SO. Also, someone who did business with him to whom he gave a pen could have left it there. I'm not a non-believer in what we call the paranormal but I try to eliminate all the other, more mundane possibilities first.

Jenna Lynne
08-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I'll join with the others in expressing my condolences for your loss.

Really, this question belongs in the religion forum (which I'm not a member of, a fact that is probably a relief to those who are members), but I'm not going to complain to the moderator unless it starts getting heavy.

But I will take the opportunity to share a startling, yet meaningless coincidence from my own life.

In younger years, I worked for a magazine publishing house. (Which one doesn't matter, but anyone who worked there will recognize me from my avatar!) It was a small company. The publisher wanted handwritten notices as part of our subscription pitches -- the words "Subscribe now!" written in red ink rather than typeset, that type of thing. I had distinctive handwriting, and got the job of supplying these little phrases.

So one morning a couple of years later, my morning newspaper didn't arrive. I drove down to a corner where there were some newspaper vending machines, hopped out of the car, and happened to glance down -- and lying in the gutter was a card with my handwriting on it!

A message from beyond the marketing department? You be the judge.:battingeyelashes:

***Jenna Lynne***

Jilmac
08-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Nicole, I guess that just goes to show, strange things happen when and where we least expect them. Perhaps your Uncle was sending you a message that it's ok to dress in whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. If it was me who found that pen, it would become a permanent keepsake.

Bernadina
08-31-2008, 04:17 PM
There is so much we pretend not to understand about life and death and what its really all about.

I think you just got a very nice hint that there is more than we are lead to believe.

I suspect, just like has already been suggested, that your uncle found a neat way of saying, "Hi, I'm still around somewhere nearby."

bimini1
08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes I am a firm beleiver in spirits. I have had too many experiences that spoke directly to me that no one else could even begin to comprehend and I believe the message you got was directly 4 U. I have even seen the so called 'angel of death' hovering around relatives days before they were plucked up off of this earth so I know its very real. I could literally write a book on how many occurences I've had in relation to CDING.

battybattybats
09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Yes I am a firm beleiver in spirits. I have had too many experiences that spoke directly to me that no one else could even begin to comprehend and I believe the message you got was directly 4 U. I have even seen the so called 'angel of death' hovering around relatives days before they were plucked up off of this earth so I know its very real. I could literally write a book on how many occurences I've had in relation to CDING.

It's interesting that in many cultures CDs were considered sacred.

I wonder if this sort of thing is more common amongst us then the general population?

julie w
09-01-2008, 11:37 PM
I was in a small town in Nova Scotia Canada and went into the local pub with my
S/O and sitting there was a guy I work with and his wife and I am thousands of miles
from home my first thought was I am glad I wasnt in femme

julie w
09-01-2008, 11:43 PM
One other thing several of us on this forum have visited Seattle in the last
couple of weeks including me ,we could have passed each other and not known it or passed you is it a small world or Fate ??

Kate Simmons
09-01-2008, 11:56 PM
It probably happened for you Nicole. It was what you needed at the time.:)