PDA

View Full Version : The one tip you would share.

GINA-CD
08-31-2008, 02:45 AM
ok girls, imagine you need to share one of your beauty secrets with your sisters... which one would you share? just one! I know many of you will have a hard time deciding which one but think and think hard: what is it that you want to share with other girls to make them better women?

Sarah...
08-31-2008, 04:18 AM
Be confident in yourself - that's where the most profound beauty is going to come from.

All the other surface beauty stuff is important but it changes on a daily basis depending on need and mood. What works for me one day doesn't the next.

Sarah...

Karen_Ski
08-31-2008, 04:28 AM
:) I agree with Sarah but I will add one. Meet the world and everyone you meet everyday with a smile!

Bev06 GG
08-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi Gina,
Thats easy. Consider others, thier needs and their feelings before you become so self absorbed that there is little or no room in your life for other people. You may well need to dress but there are others in your life who need you. Inner beauty to me is worth far more than what you look like on the outside.
Bev

Edwina
08-31-2008, 04:53 AM
I agree with all the above 100 % but there is one practical little tip I have found invaluable (Thanks Karren) Wet wipes remove makeup fast :D

:love:

Edwina

deja true
08-31-2008, 05:13 AM
D) all of the above...

..and here's a practical one for picture taking...

To avoid showing your incipient turkey neck in pictures, facethe camera and tilt your head down, looking at the lens through the top of your eyes. That way your chin blocks those little folds that are starting to form on your neck. (Either that, or start to wear turtle neck tops all the time!)

Charleen
08-31-2008, 06:30 AM
D) all of the above...

To avoid showing your incipient turkey neck in pictures, facethe camera and tilt your head down, looking at the lens through the top of your eyes. That way your chin blocks those little folds that are starting to form on your neck. (Either that, or start to wear turtle neck tops all the time!)

Now you tell me!

Sally24
08-31-2008, 06:39 AM
D) all of the above...

As an alternative, position the camera above you so that you are raising your chin and looking upward into the camera. That's how my avatar was taken and it makes my neck look much better!

Kate Simmons
08-31-2008, 06:42 AM
Don't go out in the rain without an umbrella. You,ll get your hair wet. Seriously though, Bev nailed it. Showing who you are inside regardless of what you are wearing is the most important thing.:)

Sally24
08-31-2008, 06:49 AM
My favorite, from my MAC artist, is on how to apply eyeliner. Especially for a daytime look, I still apply light eyeliner. I don't put it above or below the lash line though. If you dot the pencil in-between your lashes and then eventually connect all that, it just darkens up your lash line and doesn't hardly look like makeup!

Amy Hepker
08-31-2008, 06:51 AM
When in girl mode, try walking a girl walk. To help you do this, walk one foot in line with the other, in other words like you are walking a 3 inch wide line. You will walk with more of a wiggle right away and it is easier to add more wiggle to it to. You can do this in any shoes.

Try it it works.

deja true
08-31-2008, 07:16 AM
My favorite, from my MAC artist, is on how to apply eyeliner. Especially for a daytime look, I still apply light eyeliner. I don't put it above or below the lash line though. If you dot the pencil in-between your lashes and then eventually connect all that, it just darkens up your lash line and doesn't hardly look like makeup!

Love that one Sally. Maybe it'll help me stop poking myself in the eye! LOL...

Angie G
08-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Makeup is dime store stuff. Being the best caring and loving person you can be is real beauty. :hugs:
Angie

maryjanecapri
08-31-2008, 07:30 AM
make sure you match your hair style with your face shape. and when you go to a stylist - be honest about things. if you want an gender-neutral style let them know. if you want feminine edges tell them...

oh and short hair styles can be made very feminine by not having hard edges (keep it fringey and soft).

Sara Jessica
08-31-2008, 07:56 AM
For those who venture out, strive to blend rather than obsess about passing. Observe how most other GG's present themselves and apply. Yes, this includes paying attention to the fashion rules which are out there. Most women do so, why shouldn't we?

Sarah's lover
08-31-2008, 08:05 AM
I agree with Sarah about confidence being beautiful.

I also think remembering that less make up is more beautiful is worth remembering. Plastering doesn't look attractive. Beauty comes from within.

Susan Watersfield
08-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Just reconcile yourself to your female side, and then enjoy it :)

Then your natural femininty will shine through.

Luv

Susan

jazmine
08-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Never eat spinach with a stranger.

Toni_Lynn
08-31-2008, 08:59 AM
This might be two, but they deal with the same thing ....

People are less observant that you think.
Be observant.

Hmm--- so I bet you are asking -- what's she mean?

Ok, to the first one .. if you just go about like nothing is extra-ordinary, chances are no one will notice that you are a CD. After all, its not like you have a big flashing neon sign above your head spelling out 'MAN IN A DRESS!' with an arrow pointing down.

Hmm -- to that point, when I was a teen, one of my worst totally unfounded fears was that I'd be in Penney's or Sears or Montgomery Wards etc checking out the panties and bras, and would hear 'ding-ding -- attention associates -- crossdresser in the lingerie department - ding-ding -- attention associates -- crossdresser in the lingerie department' come over the store PA system. Weird, eh.

Oh -- the second point -- how to get to the level of the first statement. Because people are less observant, we must be more observant. Someday, just take a day in boy-mode, go to the mall or grocery store and observe what the other women are wearing. Hmm -- whats that -- no 6-inch stiletto heels, no french maid outfits, no rubber or latex skirts. Just regular totally boring Walmart skirts and blouses and flats and jeans. I know I'm being overtop a bit here, but could the lesson be about blending in the rest of the crowd. Not to say that sacrifice your own personal style, but a Major Frank Burns said on MASH, 'Individuality is a good thing as long as we all do it together'.

That's my thoughts

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Karren H
08-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Don't let your skirt get sucked into the toilet... God I hate when that happens in a public restroom!!!

Mitch23
08-31-2008, 09:22 AM
hold your head up ... and smile

mitch

Sarah Doepner
08-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Practice. Practice. Practice.

Practice doing your hair and make up until you get past the overdone and to the almost normal.
Practice until you get your age right (Oh my Gawd! I want to be 19 again, but no amount of makeup or cinching or really long hair will make that extra 40 years go away.)
Practice until the woman in the mirror is tired of looking at you and is ready to go out to see the world.

And from my observations from the photos here, there are some wonderful role models for anyone wanting to get the look right here on this site. You Girls Rock!!!!

Genifer Teal
08-31-2008, 10:01 AM
This is all great advice but I thought we were looking for actual makeup/beauty/fashion tips. I reccomend padding your shoes with thos foam pads for the ball of your foot. You know that spot on the bottom of your foot that starts to hurt after a while? Those little pads inserted into your shoe really make a difference. That's how i go all nite in amazing shoes.

Gen

harmony
08-31-2008, 10:10 AM
i found this here -just one thing that makes spending the many hours here so worthwile!
with delicate skin i can not shave really close for a second day which makes it hard to spend more than a day out and about.
shaving electric first and then doing the wet against the grain close shave with a blade is easier on the face and gets harmony out for a repeat perfomance!
thanks again for this tip-sorry i dont remember who it came from!

docrobbysherry
08-31-2008, 10:46 AM
OMG! Corsets can change u from a shapeless male mass, to sexy fem siren, in minutes! However, learning how to use a corset takes time and patience. I'll have to do a pictorial, " How to", in the Beauty section here!

D)

Deja. Personally, I find duct tape across the back of my neck works wonders!
I don't go out dressed but I could, with the tape on! Many wigs cover the back of my neck completely.

FlygrlChristy
08-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Don't let your skirt get sucked into the toilet... God I hate when that happens in a public restroom!!!

That was hilarious, roflmao.:hugs: you just made my day.:)

Christy

Rachel Morley
08-31-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't really have any beauty tips per se .... but one thing I would say, especially if you are new to crossdressing, and that is: Don't cut corners on your wig. I can't tell you how many CDers I know who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on clothes and shoes and then go and buy a $50 wig! Your "hair" is one thing that really needs to be the best quality you can afford ... especially if you are going out in public. That's my :2c:

tamarav
08-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Many of our members have already touched on it, don't act like a victim. Look everyone in the eye and smile at them. It gives you the advantage of being assured of who you are and that you belong there.

Victims immediatley look away or avert their eyes when someone looks at them. People are curious, they will look, no matter how good or bad you may look. Just look them straight in the eye and smile at them, watch them avert their eyes....

Dragonfly
08-31-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't really have any beauty tips per se .... but one thing I would say, especially if you are new to crossdressing, and that is: Don't cut corners on your wig. I can't tell you how many CDers I know who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on clothes and shoes and then go and buy a $50 wig! Your "hair" is one thing that really needs to be the best quality you can afford ... especially if you are going out in public. That's my :2c:

Seconded. If it looks good in the pic on eBay, itll look like poop on your head. You need to feel, to touch it, to see if it is stylable.

Plus the synthetic fibre feels horrid.

Nicki B
08-31-2008, 04:28 PM

Ah, when that inevitably happens, just tuck it in the back of your knickers - you'll find it dries much quicker.. :whistling:

While getting up from the loo, don't lean forward too far and let your breast forms fall out and roll under the door?

Karren H
08-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Ah, when that inevitably happens, just tuck it in the back of your knickers - you'll find it dries much quicker.. :whistling:

While getting up from the loo, don't lean forward too far and let your breast forms fall out and roll under the door?

I used the hand dryer.... The little old lady that came in while I was drying my skirt thought it was funny... lol

steftoday
08-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Invest in a good makeup mirror. One with lighting. Plucking eyebrows is soooo much easier....
stef

jenalex
09-01-2008, 01:01 AM
ok girls, imagine you need to share one of your beauty secrets with your sisters... which one would you share? just one!

dress for your age, that is if you're going out in public

upping the femme may feel good, but it hardly ever looks good

Fab Karen
09-01-2008, 05:07 AM

No-one in this country wears "knickers" - we do wear panties though:)

GINA-CD
09-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Girls, believe me that I didn't expect so many great answers. You have gone from the deep spiritual sense of being a woman to the material aspect of looking like a woman, and I don't mean the man-in-a-dress-trying-to-pass but the look like a real woman, act like one and think of yourself as one.

I could post a comment or reply to each of your posts (I was tempted) but I feel that would be a waste of time since you've put them so clear and sincere.

Thanks for the beauty tips though, they always come handy and I bet many of us can learn a lot and experiment the next time we are in front of the mirror or shopping - not the one related to public restrooms and hand dryers though! :p

BTW, loved the one about corsets (I've experienced them myself) and the one about getting yourself a good wig (been there, done the bad one and moved to the good one). The eyeliner one... I will try that one the next time, you can bet on it!

Jolene
09-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi Gina,
Thats easy. Consider others, thier needs and their feelings before you become so self absorbed that there is little or no room in your life for other people. You may well need to dress but there are others in your life who need you. Inner beauty to me is worth far more than what you look like on the outside.
Bev

I agree.
Jolene :)