PDA

View Full Version : I've made a decision!!!

Felix
08-31-2008, 11:47 AM
I have decided that I am going to fully out myself at work. I'm legally Felix and therefore I have little choice in the matter as I see it. So we return to work tomorrow for two trainin days and I will be approaching the subject with the head who already knows that I am transsexual and said that she would fully support me. I feel the staff should know now I am on the medical pathway that this is what my wishes are and that I have no hang ups or problems with it. Infact the sooner people see me and treat me for who I really am things will be much easier for everyone. I realize this is not gonna be easy for everyone to deal with considering the age range of the staff. But I have been patient and taken two years of gradually getting them used to my persona as male. I don't really think they are gonna be that shocked when it comes to it but I will deal with that as I am fully prepared for the fall out.
I will be able to to give advice and education regarding the issues around transsexualism if neccesary. Also I will be able to direct the head to resources which are openly available and directly accessable, in order to educate the staff.
I'll let you all know how things progress for me now that I'm on my way!!! xx Felix :hugs:

Holly
08-31-2008, 12:02 PM
I love a determined man. Congratulations, Felix. Best wishes for an understanding and compassionate staff.

deja true
08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
What a courageous and brave thing to do. But eventually neccesary wasn't it?

Your 2 year transition has, indeed, given everybody a chance to get used to your look, now it's time to let 'em know the why.

I think you'll probably have less problems than you thinkif you already get along well with everybody there. And the backing of your boss will help, too.

Great good luck, darlin'. We all want to hear about it!

respect & love,

deja

:) :<3: :)

Shelly Preston
08-31-2008, 12:20 PM
The day has finally arrived Felix

I hope it all goes as smoothly as you would wish :hugs:

dancinginthedark
08-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow Felix when you make up your mind to do something and get things moving there just isn't any stopping you is there? :D

Well done on making a decision and making it all happen.

more hugs,
dancin

ZenFrost
08-31-2008, 12:38 PM
Good luck. :hugs: I hope it goes well.

Felix
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Awwww!! Thanx my friends you've been such wonderful support all the way and yeah once I make my mind up about something forward is the only way to go :D When i want something and I know what I want I usually go for it with very few doubts in my mind but thats when I know I really want it and that its right. If I'm faffin about it then its definitely not right and my gut is not usually wrong about things so I tend to trust it. xx Felix :hugs:

halfman_halfamazing
09-01-2008, 02:29 AM
whoooo felix is on a role!

Wolfie
09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
You and I have so much in common Felix... I also teach - I know we have spoken about this before. Good Luck on your return to work, it seems as if you have put a lot of 'prep work' in first so I'm sure it will go very successfully. I wish you all the best in this very stressful time. You have achieved so much and done so well. Consider me buying you a pint!:drink: or two

Unfortunately for me not so good - I've been told I have to stay at home.. I have got the teachers unions involved. One manager wanted my manager to tell every head teacher in the district I work in (around a 1000 or so schools!) about my gender change (I am a peri teacher- i work in homes, schools, nurseries in a a local county) I have to sign a press statement.. So much for being a special needs teacher - they cant even deal with a teacher so how can they deal with special needs kids? So I sit at home twiddling my thumbs. Think I should have done what you did Felix - it seems your approach is much better than mine.

I shall drown my sorrows while I'll celebrate yr success!

Punkster
09-01-2008, 04:00 PM
With ya all the way bro :thumbsup:

mylitta
09-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Hope it went well for you today, Felix.

Felix
09-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanx Mylitta xx

Hi peeps well just to update ya......
I went into school on Monday and I felt so good I went straight to the head teacher and said 'I've got something to show ya.' I showed her my name change certificate and she was like, 'well done and how do ya feel?' I was like,'I feel really good. She asked how I wanted to handle it and said she was fully behind me. She told me she was proud of me how i'd handled everything with regards to the staff and the children too and also with regards to me I told all the staff and they weren't that supprized at all and very supportive. I got asked lots of questions and answered them to the best of my ability. I know they are going to find it difficult to get used to my new name but I'm not gonna stress about it its not worth it. The pronoun thing will take longer too. At the mo I can handle the pronoun thing but I know for sure that when I'm on 'T' I will not be as patient and will probably correct peeps lol. Well thats all for now and I'll keep ya up dated on my progress xx Felix :hugs:

melissaK
09-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I will be able to to give advice and education regarding the issues around transsexualism if neccesary. Also I will be able to direct the head to resources which are openly available and directly accessable, in order to educate the staff.

My male friends might call this being "locked, loaded, and ready to return fire."

So, Godspeed to you now Sir!

hugs too,
'lissa

Felix
09-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi Malissak lol I like that xx Felix :hugs: