PDA

View Full Version : Don't "wish it", just do it.

tamarav
08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Many of you wonder how I got to the point of dressing and working every day. It came about from not wishing. You know how the wish list runs.

That wish list could sound like:
I wish i were a woman
I wish I could dress more often
I wish I looked better dressed
I wish I were thinner
I wish
I wish..

All of us have them. I have cut mine dramatically since this episode about 12 years ago.

A CD friend and I used to go out now and then. On one outing she told me she was sick. She was a doctor and had just gotten some biopsy work back. A second and third opinion were the same as the first, she had less than 6 months to live. I started crying but she stopped me. She asked why I was crying and I said "I wish you had more time to go out and enjoy yourself"

She laughed at me, laughed. She said she had spent her entire life wishing for something else and now all she really wished was that she had more money to blow before she died.

We had a heck of a time for 7 months until she went into the hospital, dying 3 days later. I was holding her hand prior to her death when she said to never wish for anything. Either do it or forget it. She passed holding my hand and whispering to "just do it".

Since then, anytime I think to myself "I wish..." I reflect back on her words and just do it.

Don't waste your time wishing for something you won't achieve. Get on to the next thing.

Kate Simmons
08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
My sentiments exactly Tam.:)

Jenna Lynne
08-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for sharing this story, Tami! You've given me something to think about.

I'll be 60 next month, and my mantra for this year is, "People in my age group are dropping dead all the time!" I'm extremely healthy ... as far as I know ... but we never know what tomorrow may bring.

Many years ago a friend (who was also a sort of mentor) said to me, "At the end of our life, the things we regret will be the things we didn't do."

***Jenna Lynne***

(blogging at jennalynne.wordpress.com)

Karren H
08-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah!!! Got that right, Tami!!!

StephanieC
08-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Very profound. Thank you sooo much for that inspiration.

Sherry-Stephanie
08-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Wonderful story Tami....and a whole lot of truth and wisdom there as well...

Jilmac
08-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Your friend gave you some very soung advice Tamara, "I wish" I could have known her too.

Raychel
08-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Great words to life by. But sometimes you have to use some discretion also.

I wish I could dress right now. But our oldest son is supposed to be coming home for a bit. So even though I wish it. It will have to wait.

Amy Hepker
08-31-2008, 04:27 PM
I agree, I have reached a point in my life where I am not going to live in the closet anymore and Amy is coming out, one way or another. I will get a job someday as a female too.

MJ
08-31-2008, 05:41 PM
so true do wish just do it

victoriamwilliams1
08-31-2008, 07:07 PM
This is very true and an inspiring message.

AKAMichelle
08-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Great Story.

The just do it was the reason that I got out of my prison cell (the closet). That first step was hard, but it would have been even harder staying there. Don't let time pass.

Just Do It! :2c:

docrobbysherry
08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
We ALL need proper perspective adjustments from time to time. I have never been a big believer in delayed gratification. But, we all have our responsibilties, too. Balancing those two things is always tricky!

I don't think Sherry needs extra encouragement to act up even more than she does. But, maybe Robert can arrange some more well deserved time off from work! To spend as he sees fit!:battingeyelashes:

Angie G
08-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Tamara your friend was a wise lady and I yhinking wite a big heart. Thank you for the story hun.:hugs:
Angie

PamelaTX
08-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Tamara, your story touched me in so many different ways. Thank you for sharing.

TxKimberly
08-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Tamara,

Such awesome advice acquired at such a high price. Thank you for sharing it with us.
In all things, not just cross dressing, we sometimes need to be reminded to put things in perspective or priority. We blow some things so far out of proportion in our minds until they become insurmountable obstacles. Most of our fears and concerns turn insignificant when compared to dying while leaving wishes and dreams unfulfilled.

vivianann
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I agree, life is too short, so get out and dress like a woman.

curiouslooker
09-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Irony is a b!tch.

I never told this group this before but, I told my wife that we need to make a list of all the things we wanted to do before we die. We both joked about it. Less than 8 hours later she died without warning.

Please note this was almost 8 months ago and that was part of what brought me to this site. We "played" with her clothes and makeup several times. I think she would have supported my desires. I even once told her of a "fantasy" that I had. She went out to get some of the things (clothes) we would need to fullfill this fantasy. I felt embarressed and wouldn't let it go all the way.

Now, I don't give a d@mn what anyone thinks. I am not scared of things I used to be. I also let those people who annoy me go. I have washed my hands of a number of people and several family members. On the other hand, I have connected with several people that I never realized were there or cared, this includes a long lost family member.

I would keep going but I think I got my point across.

Fab Karen
09-01-2008, 06:45 PM
and some of those "I wish" statements are things GG's say to themselves.