PDA

View Full Version : Hide Clothes W/caution

Raven Wynter Rayne
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Reading about the places some hide there clothes made Me think about what could hiding in Your clothes (garages,attics other out of the way spots) SPIDERS mide You I have little fear of them but about 4 weeks ago I was bitten By a brown recluse spider (well 90 per shure by the wound) I am lucky My body reacts well and I am almost 100 per. with little pain now unlike most who take 6 months or more.( this was not from hiding My clothes but poss from working in the yard) anway some of the places clothes are hidden are homes for such spiders, so PLEASE USE CAUTION hiding things,be safe!!

CD Susan
09-10-2008, 05:57 PM
I have no reason to hide my cd clothes. They are in the dressers and closets where they belong.

Nicole Erin
09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
That would suck if it was in the crotch of a pair of pantyhose.

docrobbysherry
09-10-2008, 07:17 PM
put on your best highheeled dancing shoes and put the song Tarantella on. Keep dancing 'till the poisen leaves your system! By then, you'll be ready to go ANYWHERE in those heels!:)

Angie G
09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
No hiding for me my wife knows where my things are right next to hers. You do have a good point hen I've heard bites can be quite painful .:hugs:
Angie

Ellie
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
About two months after I moved into my first newly built house I reached into the closet to get a hat and an eight inch long, one inch wide, millipede came down with it! :eek: I have no idea if it was poisonous or not but it sure looked like it was!

Sandra Dunn
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Nope, no hiding for this girl either. Hiding the fact that you're a Tg just reinforces a notion she'll have when she finds out about it. The issue of trust is one of the biggies for spouses. They will feel that you didn't trust them enough to tell them about your deep dark secret.
HUGS Sandra

Cathytg
09-10-2008, 08:09 PM
You haven't lived until your son asks you: "By the way, Dad, why were those high heels in the trunk of your car three years ago?"

And I thought I was soooo smart!

Jolene
09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Always a good idea to check your clothes male or fem. Just today before cutting the grass I checked inside my old yard shoes for creepy crawlers before putting them on.
Jolene :)

Sally2005
09-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Don't worry about spiders in your clothes...it is at night when you are sleeping that they come to get you.

Raven Wynter Rayne
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
More that anything I just wanted everybody to use caution not just hiding clothes!!!, but some of the places I've read (here)that clothes are hidden are homes for spiders, btw, I am healed now, but the scarry part was the lack of pain as dead flesh has no feeling I am lucky i kept the wound cleaned and it never got larger than a U.S. quarter the pain was more discomfort than anything, but a scarry wound none the less. I keep My clothes in "Raven's" dresser and the closet no hiding from My wife!!!

susan fuller
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
You have a good point. I am glad I don't have to hide my clothes. They hang in the closet next to the wifes.

Christinedreamer
09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Here in SoCal's high desert, we have lots of creepy crawlies. We have black widows, brown recluses and scorpions. The BWs usually stay in moist areas and outside but the brown recluse spiders go anywhere and do like to nest in dark places. The bite is usually extremely painful and the venom is necrotizing to tissues and can progress into major tissue loss requiring reconstructive surgery depending on your sensitivity.

BTW the brown recluse is also known as the fiddleback (or violin spider) as there is a distinct shape of a violin on its back.

The scorpions here are small and love to hide in shoes so it is always a good idea to turn shoes upside down and shake them before slipping your tootsies inside.

For the reasons listed above, I always store clothes I won't be wearing for a while in Spacebags. No bugs and quite compact.

So many of my peignoirs and petticoats are so full that the Spacebags keep several stored in a relatively small space. I also pack them with a wonderful pot pourri so they smell divine after long periods in storage.

Give it a try.

Christine

Nicole Erin
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Don't worry about spiders in your clothes...it is at night when you are sleeping that they come to get you.

Oh Sally, don't be telling people that s***! :Angry3:

I could care less cause I don't worry a whole lot about bugs but some people will now go to bed with that thought.

sandra-leigh
09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
One of the advantages of living on the edge of the tundra is that there are no poisonous critters near here (not unless you have allergies to bees or wasps.) :)

Can I interest some of you ladies in looking at some of the fine houses in my neighbourhood? :D

p.s.: no, millipedes are not poisonous to humans, just a bit of a skin irritant. They eat mostly decaying leaves. Centipedes can be more of a problem for humans.

vikki2020
09-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Right you are, Tess, Chicago is not the tundra, but come January, it might as well be!Natures' filter!

sandra-leigh
09-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Right you are, Tess, Chicago is not the tundra, but come January, it might as well be!

Hah, slackers!

Climate_of_Chicago

The temperature in January averages about 29°F (-2°C) in the afternoon, and 14°F (-10°C) at night. Temperatures can be expected to drop below 0°F (-18°C) on 15 days throughout the winter season. [...] The coldest temperature ever recorded in Chicago is -27°F (-33°C) on January 20, 1985

Geography_and_climate_of_Winnipeg

From December through February the maximum daily temperature exceeds 0 °C (32 °F), on average, for only 10 days and the minimum daily temperature falls below -20 °C (-4 °F) on 49 days. [...] The coldest temperature ever recorded at Winnipeg was -47.8 °C (-54.0 °F), on December 24, 1879. [...] According to Environment Canada, Winnipeg is the coldest city in the world with a population of over 600,000

And yes, you will see women in short skirts in the middle of a Winnipeg winter!

JenniferR771
09-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh great! I have not considered spiders in my frillies. I keep most outside in my shed. Problems occur. I remember the gasoline spill that made my wedding dress smell just awful! And the mouse that ate part of the petticoat. And the skunk peering back at me when i opened the door. And its gets cold here: the frozen water-filled boobs. The water bra.

pattysues
09-12-2008, 11:40 PM
CD Susan wrote;
I have no reason to hide my cd clothes. They are in the dressers and closets where they belong.

Mine too....

CrossGirl
09-13-2008, 12:30 AM
I hide mine under my bed in a bag.
No spiders so far, and I hope never. :)

Stormgirl
09-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Oh Sally, don't be telling people that s***! :Angry3:

I could care less cause I don't worry a whole lot about bugs but some people will now go to bed with that thought.

Ever seen a camel spider coming creeping along while you're sleeping in your rack? :love: