PDA

View Full Version : medication and dressing

Nicole24
09-01-2008, 11:58 AM
this is a bit of a strange 1.
is any1 taking the anti-depressant seroxat? (paxil in the states)? if so has it increased your desire to dress?
I know it has for me, i just think its a bit wierd, but hey i get to dress more so it's fine with me lol

Tracy_Victoria
09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Hummm.

Can you honestly say that. or is the medication just making you feel better so you feel better in yourself, and therefore this increases your desire to dress.

I had a major leg infection last year, where I could not put foot to floor, my leg has taken a year to recover, and still is doing so, but medication makes me feel better which then inturn makes me feel more like dressing. this certainly is the case for me, more than my meds increasing the dressing desire.

Veronica27
09-01-2008, 02:13 PM
The desire to dress can fluctuate very greatly from time to time, and I have often wondered whether there are some hidden influences at work here, such as diet or medications. As I am a senior, my desire seems to have increased greatly while my doctor has indicated that my testosterone levels have been dropping. I don't know whether there is any connection, as the desire was also extremely high in my early teens when my testosterone was through the roof. My blood pressure medication might have something to do with it.

My own opinion, though, is that a lifetime of having to suppress the desire has been very frustrating, and with old age we become painfully aware of our mortality and thus determined to do what we want while we still can.

Veronica

sterling12
09-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Actually Paxil is rather notorious for destroying The Libido, so apparently your dressing doesn't have a sexual element to it. Or, your one of a small percentage that it doesn't effect in that way.

The logical conclusion would be that you just feel better if it's helping to alleviate The Depression, and that's why your dressing more.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Melanie W
09-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I have been on Wellbutrin for about a month now, and my desire to dress has increased drastically. I think that not being nearly as wound up and stressed about life in general has made me more comfortable in my own skin. I can accept myself as a CD more, I think, because it.

AnnaMaria
09-01-2008, 07:40 PM
If I had to guess I would have to say that the increased desire to dress is a welcome side effect of the medication. Though not directly. I have to agree with the other girls that suggest that the med making you feel better is causing the increased desire.

For some of us who have to take anti-depressants it has just the opposite effect. I spent two yrs on effexor and I lost most of my desire to do anything but sit in front of the computer every waking hour. Of course I blame most of that on myself for not seeing the truth sooner than I did. What really happened I will not go into in this post because I don't want to high jack the thread, but lets just say that I am now realizing that the cause of my depression was left behind when I left my soon to be ex-wife.

It sounds like the med that you are taking is working for you and I think that is great. I hope that you have continued success with it.

Huggs

Anna

tamarav
09-01-2008, 07:49 PM
A lot of anti-depresants seem to have the side problem of reduced libido, as mentioned above. Many of them are attmpted until the right effects without the bad effect happening. In some cases it can take a while to sort out the right drug, but they generally do help you think better. My dressing doesn't seem to be impacted by any of them...but the libido certainly is.

Karren H
09-01-2008, 10:30 PM
My medication has surely enhanced my crossdressing.... Bromocriptine... blocks the female hormone Prolactine which my Pitutary Tumor produces.... which trashed my testostorone levels.... After I started treatment, crossdressing came back after 10 years off...

So by blocking a female hormone and promoting a male hormone... I want to crossdress more? hahaha

susanmichelle
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Never taken any antidepresants but did lose my libido when I was taking medication for high blood pressure but quit taking it about 3 months ago and havent told my doctor yet. I started taking morphine and lortab for my bad disks and my blood pressure dropped drastic. I quit taking the blood pressure meds as they were draining me so badly but feel so much better since i quit taking it. And my blood pressure is lower like it used to be when i was younger. I've been told that your levels will increase with pain so maybe that was the reason all along.

Nicole24
09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
some great points there thanks.
i must be one of the lucky ones because my libido is still the same.
if the meds are tricking me into wanting to dress more then thats fine with me, they can keep on tricking me lol
x x