PDA

View Full Version : Going All the Way

Veronica27
09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi Folks

A strict literal definition of the expression "going all the way" as it applies to the transgender community would imply transitioning to the opposite sex. However, those who have a need or desire to live full time as the opposite gender, whether by means of SRS, hormones only, or simply by behaviour and dress, constitute a very small minority of the entire community. For the rest of us, the vast majority, "going all the way" takes on a much different meaning, fraught with its own dangers and anxieties, as well as its unique euphoria.

As men, we are raised in a society that brainwashes us with the concept that we are expected to exhibit masculinity, as defined by that very society, at all times. Straying from the straight and narrow can imply only effeminacy or emasculation, which leave us as lesser of a man and subject to humiliation and scorn. We are taught that feminine behaviour and display are beneath us. Therefore, it takes a tremendous amount of courage to let go of this masculine mindset and allow ourselves the freedom to express who we really are as individuals. The allure of crossdressing, once we have broken through that unwritten barrier of taboo, is that it provides a means of escaping from that imposed mindset. It is impossible to maintain a male frame of mind while clad in a dress, or feeling the bulge of our created breasts under our garments, as these and many other symbols have become such extreme images of womanhood in our culture.

Therefore, for most of us, going all the way means being able to let go of all of our male inhibitions for a period of time sufficient to allow our minds to be completely refreshed from the normal day to day stresses of being "male". I dare to say that very few of us ever manage to "go all the way", because there is always some little thing that we can not let go of, such as keeping our secret from certain people. Thus there are situations and places in which we cannot be seen. There are self imposed time limits on our crossdressing activities. The costs involved can present us with limitations.

Because the various limitations differ for each of us, it is impossible to come up with a scale to describe how far we manage to go in terms of a percentage of "all the way", but it is non the less interesting to think about our experiences in these terms, and to use an imagined scale to set our own definition of "all the way" and to set future goals for ourselves to achieve.

In my own case, I am unable to allow my relatives, close friends and neighbours to see me, so 100% means being visible to everyone else. It is also difficult to spend more than a day or two completely crossdressed, so 100% would probably be something in the order of 48 to 60 hours. Underdressing does not count very high on my scale, as too much is being hidden from everyone. Similarly, being fully dressed at home with no one other than my wife seeing me, falls far short of 100%. While women now wear slacks more often than skirts or dresses, and often are seen with minimal or no makeup, I would consider myself to be somewhat short of 100% dressed accordingly, even though I would probably blend in, because I have not departed sufficiently from my male appearance to have gone "all the way". A dress or skirt, in the appropriate environment, along with completely female undergarments, simulated breasts and hips, full makeup, manicure, jewellry and wig (or preferably my own hair grown long), being out and about to everyone outside of my restricted list, and spending at least two days would constitute 100% all the way. To date I have come close a couple of times, but have failed to achieve the 48 hour minimum, and I have placed some limitations on how far away from base zero I have ventured.

I would enjoy reading any comments you may have on this topic, such as your own definition of "all the way" and whether or not you have managed to achieve your goals.

All the best

Veronica

Jenna Lynne
09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Using that phrase is interesting ... and provocative, of course.

This month I'm experimenting with "going all the way" while dressed as a guy. Using a feminine walk, voice, gestures, and self-comments (referring to myself in my head as a girl). Of course, having long hair helps!

So I guess, for me, "going all the way" is a mental thing, not a question of what I'm wearing.

I guess I'd disagree with this: "It is impossible to maintain a male frame of mind while clad in a dress...." If I'm 100% girl and the phone rings and I find myself talking to a client, I can revert to a male frame of mind in a split second.

***Jenna Lynne***

(blogging at jennalynne.wordpress.com)

Sherry-Stephanie
09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi Veronica....

I see you've been a member for a while still ahve a new menber tag and only 10 posts...

that said your thread is very well written and you should stop in more often....

For me I guess 100% would be coming home from work on Friday and transforming into Stephanie until Monday morning when it's time to go back to work. From Friday evening till Monday moring i would do everything that I would normally do in my male mode but as Stephaie and not really care one way or the other what my transformation was to others....that to me would be my 100%.

Veronica Lacey
09-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Veronica....

For me I guess 100% would be coming home from work on Friday and transforming into Stephanie until Monday morning when it's time to go back to work. From Friday evening till Monday moring i would do everything that I would normally do in my male mode but as Stephaie and not really care one way or the other what my transformation was to others....that to me would be my 100%.

My personal "going-all-the-way" would run parallel to Sherry-Stephanie's. Perhaps putting all my male clothes in boxes or another room (locked away?) and relying only upon my female wardrobe from Friday afternoon to Monday morning. Doing this for an entire week would be the next milestone.

unclejoann
09-02-2008, 11:02 PM
My wife is going out of town for a whole weekend soon and I have been thinking seriously of doing at least a whole day femme. I just don't think I have enough dresses and skirts ... I better get shopping now to get ready.

and shoes... oh my

vikki2020
09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Very interesting thoughts, Veronica.For myself, my outings consist mostly of one day opportunities, and only for a few hours. If I'm lucky, maybe 5-7 hours. Twice, though, I was able to stay dressed for several days, and it was a huge difference for me.Mentally, after day one, I really felt that I was able to get in a better frame of mind, feeling that "100%".The day trips are great, but they leave me wanting more.

Empress Lainie
09-03-2008, 02:28 AM
gee sometimes I feel guilty for not having more of a problem.
I am 24/7 female, my id is female, I realize I have always been female but didn't know it.

I "pass" 100% and get lots of "beautiful" etc. compliments.

To go all the way, I would have to have the SRS, complete electrolysis on the whole body, take risky estrogen shots, to make my boobs grow faster. I would also get a facelift to get rid of ALL my facial wrinkles, and liposuction to get rid of my lower abdomen fat roll, (I call it my monoboob.) And of course I would love to have my own beautiful long red hair back again.

In my 14 months full time, I have made some gains. I am now confident enough in the size of my boobs to go out most of the time in tank tops or blouses without my breast forms and bra. No one now thinks of me as other than a woman, even the people who knew me for years before treat me like any other woman (except maybe better!)

I even had two women say I was sexy dressed like that.

Veronica27
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I guess I'd disagree with this: "It is impossible to maintain a male frame of mind while clad in a dress...." If I'm 100% girl and the phone rings and I find myself talking to a client, I can revert to a male frame of mind in a split second.

***Jenna Lynne***

(blogging at jennalynne.wordpress.com)

Thanks for presenting that thought. I hadn't been thinking about phone calls when I wrote that. However, if the same client happened to walk through the door, what then would be your frame of mind? Being clad entirely in women's clothing, and then being seen by others does have an impact on our mood and reactions and how we think. There is a certain anonymity involved in speaking on the telephone that hides a great deal about ourselves.

In the scenario you mention, I would not consider myself to have reached the 100% plateau if there are still factors affecting my ability to let go of all my male inhibitions to the fullest extent possible, given my own personal limitations. Knowing a relative or neighbour could come to the door at any moment or that I may have to take a phone call and assume a different mindset, are factors that I have only been able to get beyond, without compromising my personal limitations, a couple of times, but not very often.

You mention that having long hair helps. Is the hair in your photo your own? It is gorgeous.

Veronica

susants
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
For me "going all the way " would be a date
I had a lunch date with a very nice man I met on line, I dressed somewhat casual. He open the door for me and then waited for me to sit frist a real gentleman
He also got the check
Susan

RavenAndrea
09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I enjoy getting dressed each morning and putting on my makeup. I feel properly presentable when my jewelry is on and I can smell the fragrance of my favourite perfume.

Andrea