PDA

View Full Version : Some People NEVER Learn

veronica
09-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Yes I'm talking about myself. I did it again, I know better, we all know better...... I perged.:eek: I'm telling myself i didn't really care for most of it anyway. I kept some shes and one skirt.

Shelly Preston
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Well I hope you have not ditched something of sentimental value :sad:

Sherry-Stephanie
09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
"every action has a re-action"....

Can you spell S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G & N-E-W W-A-R-D-R-B-E!!!!!!!!

suzanne
09-01-2008, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't even consider it a full-blown purge. You say you got rid of things you didn't like that much, so what you really did was make room for more and better stuff!

veronica
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
thank you everybody. it's great having so many smart people in one place.:love:

tamarav
09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Since you and I are obviously the only two that have ever done this, lets make a pact and not do it again..

It costs too much to start back up again, and I miss those red heels..

marie354
09-01-2008, 07:54 PM
One thing that I have learned from past purges...
There is always something that can never be replaced. And now it's gone...

veronica
09-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Since you and I are obviously the only two that have ever done this, lets make a pact and not do it again..

It costs too much to start back up again, and I miss those red heels..

IT'S A DEAL

Jillian_Faith
09-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Been there .. Done that .. Have 2 T-Shirts. Both times during a significant emotional event. Both times it did not solve any problems, did not "fix" me and my drive to dress, and I regreted after I regained perspective. After the second time I learned that if I had the urge again I carefully packed the stash up in a couple of boxes and put them somewhere safe for storage. Did that a couple of times and was glad I did when I was able to again regain perspective. I haven't had an urge for many years. It's a good thing because I have so much stuff I would need to hire a moving company to pack. As others have posted the one good side is when you come back you get to shop. Find something that makes you feel the way you should.

CD Susan
09-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Purging our fem stuff never does solve any problems. I have done it three times in my 40+ years of dressing and regretted it each time. Some things just can't be replaced if they have special meaning. I once had a collection of uniforms that I wish I had back. There were over a dozen uniforms including military, nurses, cheerleader, school girl, maids, waitress and others. I once threw away over 50 pairs of heels and so many other nice things. Of course over time I built up my wardrobe again after each purge. I am considering purging one more time, this will be when I get rid of all of 'his' stuff that is taking up too much room in my closet.

Kate Lynn
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
purging gets expensive.

Angie G
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I think you need a slaphun. :hugs:
Angie