PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my other ear pierced !!

Alana65
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Why I waited so many years, I don't know, but today I finally got my right ear pierced so now I'm "symmetrical" :heehee:

Now I can't wait for the next 6 weeks to fly by so I can wear PAIRS of 'rings (instead of a single) !!!! :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming:

Shelly Preston
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Congratulations

You now have six weeks to find a few styles that will suit you

tricia_uktv
09-02-2008, 05:35 PM
YAY YAY YAY. Just into four weeks of mine being done and soon .... God I hated clips, you couldn't get any - if you could they'd break, if they didn't they'd give you a headache. Remember to turn them though!

Alana65
09-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Congratulations

You now have six weeks to find a few styles that will suit you

Yeah, I'm so excited. Thank you.

YAY YAY YAY. Just into four weeks of mine being done and soon .... God I hated clips, you couldn't get any - if you could they'd break, if they didn't they'd give you a headache. Remember to turn them though!

Congrats to you also, Tricia. As far as clip-ons, I think what kept me from getting that other ear done for so long was the fact that I've got this pair of 1 inch hoops with an internal spring-loaded post that look like they're for pierced ears (but aren't). But I finally took the plunge and got a real piercing. WOOHOO !!!

Thank you both for the responses.

CD Susan
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Congratulations Alana! I am going to have both of mine done soon. I made the decision already and am just waiting for the right time to start my first six weeks without removing the studs. The end of Sept. is when I am having it done. I have already purchased six pairs of earings for pierced ears.I have about two dozen pairs of clipons that I will no longer need. Anyone interested?

Jilmac
09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I had both of mine done at the same time. Now I get to wear all the gorgeous earrings my wife had before she died. My son is lopsided with only one pierced.

Paula Siemen
09-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I'd really like to have my ears pierced as well, but I have to keep up my masculine side on so many fronts; work, family, friends, you all know. I'm wondering how any of you other girls handle showing up to work or with your friends after suddenly having both ears pierced over the week end. I'm 57 years old and a little late to do the "in-crowd", "follow the herd" type of reasoning. I think if I showed up pierced to work, poeple would probably suspect that I've "come out of the closet as a gay or cross dresser". This is not how I would want it percieved at this time, yet in my life. I'm a long way from retirement age (which will likely never come for me) and definitely do not want to do anything that would jeprodize my employement or potential for promotion in a macho male oriented office. I fell I likely would be shunned by the men (my friends as well) and questioned extensively by the female collegues.

Open for suggestions on what reasoning I could give to justify having my ears pierced.

Thanks,
Paula Siemen

tamarav
09-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Congratulations! Now you can use that other half of your earring collection at the same time.

Your sis,

Tami

Carol Elizabeth
09-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Paula,

You could always say that you are finally going through a mid-life crisis and couldn't afford a fancy car or a younger wife. :daydreaming::heehee:

CE

Alana65
09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Congratulations Alana! I am going to have both of mine done soon. I made the decision already and am just waiting for the right time to start my first six weeks without removing the studs. The end of Sept. is when I am having it done. I have already purchased six pairs of earings for pierced ears.

Thank you, hun. Over the years I've purchased many pairs of pierced 'rings, and soon I'll be able to wear them all :daydreaming:

[QUOTE=tamarav;1417176]Congratulations! Now you can use that other half of your earring collection at the same time.

Thank you, Tami. Yeah, soon I won't be lopsided :doh: anymore :D

Lisa_M
09-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Congratulations Alana! I plan on doing mine soon, then eventually getting double holes.

Samantha Thomson
09-06-2008, 11:03 PM
good for you girl i have 2 holes in each ear love it have my choice of earrings to wear when in girl mode big hoops but when at work studs boo im such a women

samantha

Joann0830
09-06-2008, 11:20 PM
OMG look out someone is going shopping for those glamouris earings. I love the european style slightly long and ornate. Congartulations honey, bet you feel good now how two and not feeling one sided LOL. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

trannie T
09-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Paula, many men of advaced age have pierced ears. It can be a sign of 'senior rebellion' I got mine pierced at 55. Don't worry about what others think, if you want pierced ears go ahead and do it, most everyone you encounter will be fine with it.

Alana65
09-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Congratulations Alana!

good for you girl

samantha

OMG look out someone is going shopping for those glamouris earings. Congartulations honey, bet you feel good now how two and not feeling one sided LOL. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Thank you ladies. It's so wonderful to have the wide-spread support (and to be able to wear PAIRS of earrings soon :daydreaming:).

:hugs:

Alana