PDA

View Full Version : I figure

Princess29
09-03-2008, 04:59 AM
I figure that I am never going to fool people that I am anything other than a guy in a dress, if I was to go out in public, short of undergoing extensive surgery, even if someone was to have their eyes closed, a bag over their head and be in a dark room.
So while they will read me as a guy, so long as they dont read the particular guy that I am (ie recognise who I really am), then I guess I can live with that.
Even at the recent trip to sydney, there were girls who didnt recognise me and also there were girls who I didnt recognise when we were back in guy mode after the ball.

Melissa

deja true
09-03-2008, 05:39 AM
I was gonna jump right in here and say "It's not about 'fooling' anybody!", but then I realized that for many, that it is. For some it may only be about fooling themselves.

In fact, I guess that's what it was for me too, especially when I was much much, younger. I was really looking forward to the impish pleasure of deceiving and teasing people to make myself feel better about myself, that I could make fools of them, even if they didn't ever get it.

But somewhere along the line I realized that that was a selfish justification and somewhat cruel. And that, yeah, they probably wouldn't be fooled anyway. It took forever to get over the guilt.

And once I discovered that even though my fascination with the feminine was indeed not the norm, it really wasn't a dangerous perversion. Just a different way of thinking, a more intuitive and sensitive internal life. Oh, it still needed to be hidden, though not necessarily repressed.

Most of us still need to be somewhat on the down low publicly about our duality, if you will, but with maturity comes the revelation that what we thought was a curse is really a blessing.

These days, thanks to a much more open and relaxed society, that maturity can come much earlier. And, hopefully, the days of having to hide who we really are are coming to a close.

(Not enough caffeine yet, right? :))

DonnaT
09-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Just being comfortable with yourself is all that matters, Melissa.

If I worried about what others thought, I'd have never gone out.

And its true that many times, not even our closest friends would recognize us when dressed or vise-versa. A GG on another forum has known me for a while, been to the same clubs, partys, etc. But had never seen me drab. One morning I walked up to introduce her to my wife, and she had no idea who I was.

docrobbysherry
09-03-2008, 09:23 AM
It must be nice to be out and NOT be recognised as your male self. Even if u still looked to be a "man in a dress". At least they couldn't tell WHICH man u were!

But, as Deja says, the bottom line is, that we all dress to please, (fool), ourselves!
Where we go and what we do after we're dressed, probably is different for each individual, to some degree!
I'm perfectly happy with just pleasing, (fooling), myself. And to be supported by a few others here, with vivid imaginations!:)

Genifer Teal
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Early on I figured they will know I'm a man, which is ok if their next thought is that I look good. It wasn't about passing, it was more about not embarrising myself. As long as I had my look together, I felt good about myself and that is what counts.

Gen

tricia_uktv
09-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Melissa, as soon as realised that I could not fool all the people all the time, that I was a t-girl and could not be a woman, it opened up the floodgates. Now I can go anywhere dressed as me. I like to look as good as I can but do not worry if people recognise what I am. And its such fun :)

Kayla Shadows
09-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Early on I figured they will know I'm a man, which is ok if their next thought is that I look good. It wasn't about passing, it was more about not embarrising myself. As long as I had my look together, I felt good about myself and that is what counts.

Gen

I agree.It was more about not embaressing myself and the people around me as well.

And trying to fool people wasnt it either.Its just being the person you are.No hidden meanings or games.Just me.

kathtx
09-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Most people will realize you want to be treated as a woman regardless of whether you "pass" or not, and therefore treat you as such.

I've encountered a few rude people while out dressed, but the vast majority are courteous and at least outwardly respectful.

Kath

girl_in_pantyhose
09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Teens will hoot and whistle at me but as long as you don't pay any attention to them they give up (those slackers!).