PDA

View Full Version : Old memory brought back

Barbra_in_Tulsa
09-03-2008, 11:42 AM
So many postsl ask what someone's first experience was, and have had a hard time recalling my very first experience, other than longing to wear panties over the tightie whities my mother got for me as a child.

On a whim last week I was on eBay and ordered a Wonder Woman costume. The listing said, fit size 10-16, and that may be true but I just don't think a GG would be 6'0" feet tall. K, I am off the topic, as I was trying it on, (and while it didn't fit perfect it is still AWESOM!) I remembered my very first CD experience. I was at a neighbors house in the early 80's who had a daughter my age. Anyone who was a child then must remember Under-roos. The ones for girls was as you might expect, lace trim and all the fun. I asked to try on a girl's Wonder Woman (or maybe Supergirl), what fun. It was all fun and games until her dad caught us. I was asked to leave, as well as being mortified, but I don't think he ever told my parents because I am fairly certain I would have remembered that train wreck.

Anyway, too bad they don't make Under-roos for adults who never quiet grew up.

Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

Cheers!

Barbra

CD Susan
09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Barbara, will you please explain What Under-roos Are? I was in my mid 30's during the early 80's and never heard of this garment. Is it underwear just for girls or for boys too? I am curious.

Barbra_in_Tulsa
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Under-roos were an t-shirt and underwear set for both boys and girls. Generally they were superheros, Spiderman, Batman, etc for boys and the same with female heros for girls. They expanded into Star Wars and the Dukes of Hazzard towards the end of their run........

Jilmac
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I remember Underoos Barb. I never wore them but my kids did. If they had been around when I was a kid mine probably would have been The Lone Ranger, and the girl ones would have been Nancy Drew.