PDA

View Full Version : Living Full Time

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Under ideal circumstances I am wondering how many girls here would live full time without srs. I think I would if my wife and I moved to a place where no one knew us. I just feel odd having to change back into boy clothes sometimes. But I would not want srs or other medical stuff. Opinions please.

Sarah...
09-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I would. In a flash. I wonder what "ideal circumstances" are though? How do I know if the ideal circumstances either are or are not the ones I find myself in now? Perhaps we just have to create our own ideal circumstances out of the place we are currently in.

I don't know.

Sarah...

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Under ideal circumstances I mean no problem with family or job. My only real family is my accepting wifeand I am retired.

LindaTS
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm trying to get to this point right now. I have a couple of obstacles that need to be overcome before I can seriously consider it. The most important one is issues with medical insurance. Hopefully things will change for my benefit in the near future.

pamela_a
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I would do it in less than half a hummingbird's wing beat (faster than a heartbeat).

-Paula

carolinoakland
09-03-2008, 01:54 PM
The real estate market being what it is today would be a factor. I'm going back and forth between just going full time where I am, and the hell what the neighbors think. Or move and let the neighbors go to hell about what they think. And I'm wondering what the diference is? Carol

CD Susan
09-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Going 24/7 would not be a practicle alterative for me. I am involved in too many activities in the community for this to work. Deep inside I wish that I could do this but reality dictates this won't ever happen unless I was to move to a new location and start my life over. I would have to give up too much to make it happen so I am content to dress when I can and not make such a major change in the lifestyle I live.

JamieDP
09-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Under the right conditions I think I would consider it. I honestly would be able to spend part of my life as both male and female almost down the middle. Ideal circumstances would almost be like having a house in the city and a house out in the country, both easily accessible and only maybe a couple hours drive away from one another. I would love to spend my summers, holidays, weekends and time off in the country (really a beach not the country...just go with the metaphor please : ) but would still like to be able to be my male self the other half of the time. I personally would prefer some activities in male mode, others in female mode. I am currently looking at the idea of my wife and I getting some property a short drive away if we can find a community that would be accepting of alternate lifestyles where no one really new us. We figure we'd never tell the family or friends about the property, just nice little condo or something somewhere. Any ideas? East Coast?

Carol A
09-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Well I am as close as I can get for now as I dress everyday but the wife puts her foot down to going full time. Now I did have the change when my wife went to Germany for two weeks. But I will say this it's not all that easy, I found it very time consuming
getting dressed up everyday and every evening removing your makeup and starting all over the next day. Now remember I went out shopping everyday and wanted to look my very best, believe me I had a wonderful time. :daydreaming:

Niya W
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
The real estate market being what it is today would be a factor. I'm going back and forth between just going full time where I am, and the hell what the neighbors think. Or move and let the neighbors go to hell about what they think. And I'm wondering what the diference is? Carol

Funny thing Carol I was that position , only difference two of my neighbors have know me since I was 8. The day you can step out your front door, is the day you have arrived. Its easy to ignore strangers.

SherylynJade
09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
If I could, I would be female 24/7. My fiancee has said that would be fine as long as I'm willing to live with it and keep it up. But who knows, when the oppurtunity comes, I might not do it. We'll just have to wait and see.

tricia_uktv
09-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Thats got me thinking. I'm half way to doing it. I live away from home fully dressed at all times during the weekends but at home and with the job I am in drab. The main reason for this is the children, my employers would support me if I was to choose to dress in the office.

I suspect in a year or so's time, when the children are older, I would like to do it full time. But who knows what is around the corner and who knows how I will change. I suppose thats half the fun of it

Rikkicn
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I slowly made the decision to live full time as a woman. I also decided against srs but I have had breast implants and am doing laser and electrolysis. and no hormones either.
first i divorced my wife, moved to san Francisco and found a support network with new found friends.
It's all possible depending on your level of risk taking, courage and support and of course your dreams and passions

Kayla Shadows
09-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Under ideal circumstances...maybe.Most of my family lives far and I dont see them.Work is what would get in the way right now.My mom past away when i was thirteen and I lost my father about two months ago.Neither of them knew.

Angie G
09-03-2008, 08:19 PM
If it was at all possible I go full time. But the wife need her husband some times And then there's the kids and grand kids. :hugs:
Angie

jennifer24
09-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I would love to under ideal situations,that`s my goal,when that will happen, I don`t know. Right now my job and family is in the way. JENN:daydreaming:

Nicole Erin
09-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Easy to say I would. I do wonder tho just how different life would be having to mess with makeup every day. I mean makeup and adding the extra touches takes time and effort. I don't know if I could get out of bed even earlier every day...

But in a perfect world, yes living full time as Erin would be great.

girl_in_pantyhose
09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
if i had no ties like family gone or distant and no girlfriend i would go for it. Personally I wouldn't go as far as SRS (too pricey).

Kasey O
09-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Sasha,

I am with you girl, but it is complicated. If I were independently wealthy, I think I would enjoy being my true self. I do not think it is the external anatomy that makes us who we are. It is what's inside that really counts!

Kasey

KeriB
09-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I would and in fact am considering it very seriously... if I were to transition however, I'm not certain about SRS, so...

Kate Simmons
09-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Well, I have ideal conditions. I'm retired and live alone and the house is paid off. I could do it and have done it in the past for a time. Problem is, it's too much work (and I'm somewhat lazy sometimes) not to mention that doing it all the time would throw me off balance.

Even if I did go for it, the novelty wears off eventually. By that I don't me being who I am but the fact that I would probably end up doing what most every gal does these days and dress for comfort. Besides, being a glamour puss all the time gets old after awhile, so I may as well keep things as they are and reserve looking nice for my socializing and dancing on the weekends. Seems to work best for myself that way.:)

Natalie_Danielle
09-04-2008, 05:35 AM
I would do it in a heartbeat. I really want the full package deal (SRS/FFS/BA). I'm just not sure the bank account can handle it.
I just need to find the right way to approach the full time subject with my wife. I'm 80% sure she would be ok with it. Not so sure about her acceptance of full SRS though.

KatieZ
09-04-2008, 05:45 AM
If ideal circumstances meant a passable face and voice, I would already be doing it. But alas, I look like a man in a dress and no amount of makeup can change that.

Vicky_Scot
09-04-2008, 05:56 AM
It would have to be a 70/30% split for me.

And yes the 70% would be enfemme but my wife married a man and my kids have a dad so he would have to be around some of the time.

Xx Vicky xX

Sandra
09-04-2008, 07:10 AM
My SO did this about 4 years ago and no we didn't move so know one knew us, she didn't change jobs until a couple of years later when a better job came up.

If you want something badly then you'll cope with the ups and downs that go with it. Ok you do need the support of your SO if you've got one and there's children to think about, but it's your life get on with it and do it.:)

Suzy Harrison
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I never thought I'd go full time. But I can't stand this double life any longer and plan to do it by May/Jun next year.

But this will not be as a CD, but as a TS, as I'm about to start hormone treatment with surgery to follow later. I feel I don't have a choice in the matter as the urge is so great.

So you might find things can change in your life - it justs take time.

Jocelyn Renee
09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
My wife and I have had several discussions about this topic over the last 6 months. She's of the opinion that I am going to desire to transition a few years down the line after our children have embarked on their own lives. At times the idea seems quite compelling, but ultimately I think my bi-gendered status will remain. My wife will be supportive either way, but if I was to transition our relationship would fundamentally change. Tonya and Jocelyn are best friends, but Tonya and Charlie are best friends, lovers, husband and wife - that's something I wouldn't trade for anything.

Cathytg
09-04-2008, 11:28 AM
I wonder how many times I have asked myself that same question. I usually come away thinking that, no, I would not dress 24/7. There are ties when it seems like a lot of bother and gets in the way of things I am doing.

But, then, I have not got the opportunity so I really don't know.

kathtx
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
All other considerations aside, I'd transition tomorrow.

But back in the world as it is, at this point I'm still regaining equilibrium after a number of big changes. My wife was quite sick for about four years; she's physically recovered now, but it's only been the last year or so that our emotional health has recovered. We picked up and moved from California to Texas for a number of reasons (back to university teaching for both of us, moving closer to her family, less traffic...). My head needs to catch up with all that before putting transition back on track.

Kath

Veronica 1
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
If circumstances allowed, I would in a heartbeat. Unfortunately life does not allow it at this time.

melissacd
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I am at a place in my life where it might actually be possible so I am considering this option carefully. I have been living in my own place with a cd room mate for 8 months now and we have both reached a comfort level with our dressing, getting out into the community, dressing around and outside the house. I spent a week's vacation this summer 100% femme and loved every minute of it. I have been getting IPL to remove facial hair, I have grown my hair longer and gotten it properly colored and cut and I contemplate the steps to going full time at this point. There really is very little at this point stopping me other than coming out at work.

Hmmmm...pondering carefully this option.

Denise01
09-04-2008, 10:11 PM
If I were not living in an area that is very negative about alternate live styles, i would be full time now.

I am hoping that within a year things will change, and that i will be re-locating.

When I can, i plan on coming out and livng full time femme, and hopefully I will be able to start transition, and some day go all the way with SRS.

Denise

Sophia de la luz
09-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Choice about who to be is what makes it fun for me. I recently came back from a six day trip where I was en-femme the whole time. I enjoyed myself, especially the dancing. I didn't bring any men's clothing and found myself quite ready to changeover when I got home.
I like the whole identity issue flexible. What clothes I wear, or what sex I am experiencing myself as, not does seem to define me. I am more drawn to the embodiment of both sex, a hermaprodite.
Or, so it is for now.
Some parts of being a man are quite fun.

RikkiOfLA
09-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I wanted to respond to this thread earlier, since I've been dressing full-time as a woman for about 10 years. But I've had a busy day today. Anyway, I wanted to address two assumptions that many people seem to have.

First, many people seem to think that being a full-time crossdresser (I'm not talking about being a transsexual or taking hormones, which are things I really have no experience of) means choosing between the male and female parts of you. Simply not true. You have the same interests, hobbies, sexuality, abilities, and so on. Only the wardrobe and your public identity change. For example, I'm still a railfan, still good with languages, and so on. While some transsexuals give up all remotely male interests, it simply doesn't make sense for a fulltime CROSS dresser. I'm still sexually male, for gosh sakes. I'm transgendered, which means that there are both female and male aspects about me. And I don't dislike the male parts of myself. I'm accepting and trying to integrate all of myself. Why the female identity, then? Because I realized that the core of my personality is much more strongly female than male. So, going full time means coming home to my true self, the male parts as well as the female parts. Taking hormones would change who I am; I don't want to do that.

Secondly, many people assume that the opinions of their neighbors are very important. I must ask why. If you're considering going full time, I assume they've already seen you coming and going en femme. (If not, any thoughts of going full time are simply premature.) The neighbors will talk, of course. So what? If you live in one of those very small towns where everyone knows everybody, you'll be the talk of the town! Maybe better in that case to do your banking, your employment, and your worshipping in another nearby town? So what do the neighbors control? Not much, probably.

Extended family and inlaws are a different matter, of course. But just because you are full time, doesn't mean you can't dress male for family gatherings. (I know post-op TSs who do that, even.) I did that for many years. After all, being full time is not a status symbol or game. It's a matter of choice, convenience, and comfort.

If you want to go full time, and your spouse (if any) is okay with it, figure out a good time in your life to do it, and do it. It's not as hard as it seems.

Hope this helps,
Rikki

Joy Carter
09-05-2008, 01:50 AM
My life was already planned for me when I said "I Do."

Nice to dream though. :daydreaming:

KatelynL25
09-05-2008, 04:53 AM
I'm curious about all of you here that say that you live fulltime. The idea about a fulltime crossdresser is actually something new to me, since I'm accustomed to thinking that the only way you can be fulltime is if you are transsexual or a transgenderist (living fulltime without doing SRS.) As someone that is quite confused with where I am, I'm interested in learning more acceptable "middle grounds."

I'm interested in being able to live fulltime as a woman without having to be a "textbook transsexual". I've been crossdressing for 14 years, I've mostly identified myself as male through my life, though thats partly because I thought I had no choice (and early on I thought girls were inferior). When I dress up and especially within the last half of the time I've been crossdressing, I've identified as female when I dress, imagining that I've always been female. My desire to dress has largely been about feeling feminine and seeing myself as a woman. I for some time now have had a strong desire to have hormones, SRS, and breasts (i.e. a fully female body). I've modified my voice so I can talk really girlish, and I can almost instinctively express myself with female mannerisms. Even though I'm a little tall (5'11), people comment on how fine my face looks, and I'm right now growing my hair (its down to below my jawline now.)

Its not like I'd die if I don't transition, and to be honest there are aspects of the male world that I like from time to time (probably partly due to testosterone levels). However, I'm not happy as a male and I'd prefer to be female. Its just that I don't fit the definition of a transsexual in terms of identification, which keeps me from claiming that I'm a transsexual and thus an excuse to have hormones and surgery. So I look at these comments on this forum and it gives me hope that I can still live fulltime as a woman :)

faltenrock
09-05-2008, 05:03 AM
No, I would not. I've been seriously CDing for more than 15 years now (with a break before then). I do love it and I can't stop.
However, after a few days in a row, it doesn't feel comfortable and I just wish to go back to my male mode. I've experienced that on my recent trip to the US again. Going to the malls dressed and to many places feels great and gives me a lot of pleasure and so on. But I enjoy being a man too much.

Transitioning is nothing for me, but I do understand other feelings.

sami1952
09-05-2008, 06:49 PM
i would like to be full time but my job won't let,i would be buying clothes all the time because all my clothes would greasy and i would have to throw them away.

Empress Lainie
09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Interesting thread. The concept of a fulltime crossdresser, not transexual or as I prefer to say transgender, is something I was not aware of.

In my own case, HEY RIKKI, I'm also still interested in everything I did before, but due to age not as gungho about working on cars. Yep I have a huge model railroad all electrified with signals that mean something (whether a train can cross a division or not). I engineered and built it myself. I also have over 500 cars and locomotives many of which I have painted and lettered myself.

Now difference is: I can wear the clothes I love, the jewelry I love, be legally female with a name I love (didn't like my old first name and hated always having to use a middle name - no more!) And most importantly be the woman I really am and have been inside for 73years.

I don't follow the textbook either. I still shave, I take herbal hormones, I love my boobs. Would I have srs and take hormones, you bet, also electrolysis, but the fact is that I am always accepted as a woman without those things. Money age and physical history are also certain to preclude me ever doing those things. But I am a woman, not a male crossdresser (NO OFFENSE< PLEASE, NONE INTENDED.)

i did ask my heart doctor today about taking estrogen hormones and he thought the risk was small for me, regarding blood clots.

kristina_va
09-10-2008, 11:23 AM
hi

I"m new to the site.....i have been dressing part time for a couple of years now (on and off before that)....i am having thoughts about full time, which led me to join the site

as others have said, there would be work and family issues

we shall see what happens

gerry
09-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I would do it tomorrow, no today. I am 56, retired, no kids, probably can't get away with it where I currently live, but my short range goal is to relocate another area, and if I can convince my wife, which I see happening, we would live as two women. :daydreaming:

Raychel
09-13-2008, 07:59 AM
If I were independently wealthy and lived in the woods somewhere were no one would see me. I would most likely dress in womens clothes every day.

But I am certainly not wealthy and don't live in the woods. So I guess it would only happen in my dreams.

Annemarie
09-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Funny how many of us say: "Yes, but it's too much like hard work." My sentiments entirely.

The longest I've kept it up for has been five days non-stop (on many occasions, once a year) but wow, it was a nuisance having to shave and re-do all my makeup twice a day. (Why bother? You've never seen me without makeup!) Then there are details like my pet facelift which involves sticky tape on the forehead; after a few days that damages the skin.

But I really would like the opportunity to try, just to discover how long I would last. My hunch is not beyond a few weeks, but habit does strange things.

Katie B

I'll second the above. Shave & make-up twice a day would be difficult to keep up for long without being bored senseless by the whole experience. Would need a very handsome boyfriend to keep me on my toes (and heels !) and motivated for long-term daily dressing. I wonder what the world record is for a CDer as opposed to a TS ?

KarenSusan
09-13-2008, 10:28 AM
If ideal circumstances meant a passable face and voice, I would already be doing it. But alas, I look like a man in a dress and no amount of makeup can change that.

Yes, that's the way I feel also.

jennylogan
09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Living full time is my ultimate goal but one needs to be careful what one wishes for. At this point in my life I'm in the last quarter of a lifelong career and am far more concerned about amassing enough for a comfortable retirement that would allow me to live as a full time female than living full time right now. The other huge consideration is how my SO could deal with this in a manner that would allow us to stay married. She very much wants (and deserves) a husband in every sense that the word implies. My instinct is that it's probably going to be a compromise somewhere in the 70-30 range and never 100% full time. There's just too much to lose in terms of marriage, family, etc. to realistically go full time.

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Personally, I wouldn't want to go full time. I feel if I went full time,then it would become too routine and then might lose interest. I enjoy doing guy stuff as much as CDing,but I wouldn't feel comfortable going out with the guys dressed as Felicity. Plus my wife loves Felicity,but she loves me as a guy even more.

Felicity :)

*Please do not be offended by my going out with the guys remark.I didn't mean for to it sound like that. If anyone is comfortable going out with their guy friends dressed femme,thats great also.

suchacutie
09-13-2008, 12:14 PM
My ideal would be to be able to switch from one gender to the other without a moment's thought. I really love both of my "selves" and much of what I've been doing recently is trying to eliminate the barriers, mental and physical, from shifting from one gender to the other. There are so many issues that get in the way, but that would be my ideal!

tina

Mariah
09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm Tech full time almost, and I have nothing! no money no house no job and no friends :P working for me I guess o wait are you talking about cd or TG? if Cd ignore me.

Mariah

Sophie
09-22-2008, 04:20 PM
nah not me!

I love the dual aspect to my life! I like being a boy/man. I get to do loads of things that would be tricky as a girl. I love being daring and adventurous in life and being a boy suits that. But I love being a girl too. I love sleeping in a satin nighty, wearing a tight pencil skirt and prancing around in a frilly maid uniform with voluptous petty-coats! Makeup rocks! Being both suits me super fine! my wife enjoys my softer side almost as much as I do!

I really can't say I'd change anything. Long-live duality!!!

Sophie

nicky
09-22-2008, 04:25 PM
im at the age where fulltime will be an option with little obstacles and srs is a major goal for me

Jonianne
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
No, my default status is male. And it is not comfortable for me to dress completly as female more than a few hours or so.

I do wish, as a male, I could have the option of wearing the things I like most about dressing such as jumper dresses and flats, but without all the makeup and wigs, but that would cause more of a scene than I want to deal with.

Susan Watersfield
09-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Every so often in the course of my non-tg life, the subject of transexuals comes up. What always strikes me is that it is naturally assumed that all M-F transexuals will eventually have srs, along with other associated treatments, such as hormones.

Of course those of us who are transgendered know that it is not so simple, and that many of us opt to live full-time as females without any medical intervention. I had been aware of this fact for many years, but it's only recently that I have given the matter any serious consideration.

So, to answer Sasha's question.

At the present time, no. There are many aspects of my life in male mode that I enjoy and are important to me. I'm fully aware that most, if not all would vanish if I was to give up the male aspect of my life. The answer for me at present is to keep a balance between the desire to be a woman and maintaining my male life.

But what of the future? I'm painfully aware that life changes and what holds true now can change drastically of a releatively short period of time. Therefore I accept that the day may come when there will be no reason to maintain my male role, and the way will be clear to live full time as Susan.

I'm also very aware that my desire to be female is growing stronger as I get older, and that this will eventually over-ride any need to remain a man. For this reason I know that I may well end up one day living as a woman full time. And to be honest it not only appeals to me, but I'm quite excited at the prospect :)

As for medical intervention, never.

Hope the above ramble is of some interest.

Luv

Susan

Michelle 51
09-25-2008, 04:54 AM
Me to Me to I ,m getting so that i hate to go back when i,m dressed.I wonder if we did go full time if we would change our minds and want srs .Right now my answer is no but i find that the girl is always evolving

karynspanties
09-25-2008, 05:05 AM
Nah, it's too much work. I am happry with the underdressing 24/7 and the occasional outing as Karyn.

Kyara
09-28-2008, 04:54 AM
I would love it, and I have just begun to seriously consider it. Nevertheless, my kind of work (charity), has been and still is a major issue. I feel others can lose on my happiness. We will see! SRS is out of the question, I didn't do it when young, I enjoy myself as it is, though I also would love to be more of her. As I said, we will see!

Mollyanne
09-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi Sasha, Would I??? YOU BET, AND I WOULD GO THE WHOLE NINE YARDS(SRS, HORMONES THE ENTIRE PACKAGE). BUT REALITY IS WHAT IT IS AND I CAN'T BUT I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?\

:love: Mollyanne

marykrissmithcd
09-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Sasha, Marianne from Wausau. I'm somewhat living it right now having taken a temp job assignment in DC. When I get back to Wausau, back to the closet. When I retire (7 yrs) if I were single, I would move out of the area to someplace I'm not known. It's much easier without family and friends and besides, there aren't may CD's in north central WI. Since being in DC I;ve joined a support group and it's wonderful having others around.

Sally24
09-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Under the right conditions I think I would consider it.Just nice little condo or something somewhere. Any ideas? East Coast?
Boston area is pricey but with things as they are might be a good time to buy-in. The city and surrounding areas have been really good to most of us here. It's a nice mix of city stuff (museums, dance clubs, etc) and outdoor stuff (a great walking city with parks, boating on the river and bay, and 3 of the best sports teams in the country). NH and Maine are close by if you really want to get to the woods or small towns (where I live).

As far as the 24/7 question............
I think I'd be more interested in a 50/50 split. My wife likes both S****** and Sally but of course in different ways.:heehee:

If I was alone and didn't have any family I would consider it more seriously.

Terri Li
09-28-2008, 09:08 AM
i would go full time if i could...
i believe i would want boobs

Dorisnycd
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
i would go full time in a minute. I am almost there now!

Mitch23
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
full -time huh. well i would have answered no in the past but it's becoming closer as a dream and something that i have seriously thought about and well possible. my wife is the obstacle as she is unenthusiastic about my little 'hobby'. But if single then I think I would ....

Mitch

wishonastar
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Under ideal circumstances I am wondering how many girls here would live full time without srs. I think I would if my wife and I moved to a place where no one knew us. I just feel odd having to change back into boy clothes sometimes. But I would not want srs or other medical stuff. Opinions please.

Only with a body transplant or magic.