PDA

View Full Version : Are you I or WE?

Cathytg
09-03-2008, 03:51 PM
How many people are you? As I read some of the comments here - especially those responding to Holly's wonderful thread - I find myself wondering about who I am and wish to ask you what I am asking myself.

Sometimes I find myself thinking of Cathy as an individual separate from Dennis. I have to wonder about that. Am I two distinct persons or am I two expressions of the same complex person? Goodness knows - we are all complex, but can we truly be distilled into two real (not physically) persons? I look and feel different when dressed than I do when in drab and I have been told that I am a softer, gentler person when dressed. But truly I do not think of myself as being two separate persons. I think that I am merely expressing in a very overt way my feminine aspect when I dress.

Where are you with this question? Are you two persons or are you one complex individual with two expressions?

SherylynJade
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I think with myself, there are two sides to my personality. But sometimes, I do find my self wondering if there are two voices in my heads on some issues.

Cathytg
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I think with myself, there are two sides to my personality. But sometimes, I do find my self wondering if there are two voices in my heads on some issues.

Just two voices? I like it when my head throws a party.

Empress Lainie
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I had to have two separate name identities for 6 months, from my transition date July 2 until my legal name change Jan 9. It still took months to get everything changed.

I really didn't like doing that, and I still can't divorce myself totally from my old name since all my employment history is in that name. I have asked the university where I graduated to change my name and gender and send me a corresponding new transcript. They were balking at changing gender. I won't know until I get them.

I have multiple identities on line on another forum but it more like role playing, except for the beautiful young girl I really identify with, sometimes I feel like I am really her.

The other id's are just sometimes used fun things.

Jilmac
09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
I think I'm that very complex individual with two distinct sides. My male side is the one my SO sees, and it's also the one she loves to be intimate with. My femme side is the one others see whether they be friends, strangers, or business people. I'm also equally comfortable being Jill or Bill, and the best part is, I don't have to hide Jill anymore.

Deborah Jane
09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I,ve got at least five separate personalities...

First off, i,ve got two girly personalities...

Tarty Debs...[nutty personality, short skirts, tight tops and too much makeup]
Shy Debs.....[quiet, shy, tries not to attract attention]

Also i,ve got three guy personalities...

Average "him"....[just an ordinary guy]
Show off "him"...[always got to be faster/better than everyone else]
Nasty "him".......[you really don,t want to know about this side]

I don,t get voices in my head...I get full blown discussions!!!

carhill2mn
09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure there is a "yes or no" (read binary) answer. I think "it depends". When I am presenting as Carole, I try to act like a lady and thus, I am a "differenty person". When I am presenting as a man, I tend to act differently than I would when presenting as a woman. I believe that I have many of the same "feminine traits" but, I down play them. I have never been a really "macho" guy but, I learned when quite young how to act like a "normal" boy/guy, to say the "appropriate expected" things, etc.
So, in a sense, I am playing a role whether I am presenting as a woman or as a man.

Sarah...
09-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I

Sarah...

Karren H
09-03-2008, 04:49 PM
ME.... No matter what I'm wearin.... or what color my hair is!! :D

tricia_uktv
09-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I was definately we, but the more I do this, the closer I get to becoming I. What is interesting is that both sides are adjusting and picking different skills from up from each other.

Mirani
09-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, there's
Me
Myself amd
I ... :)

PamelaTX
09-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I feel like an actor who can play many parts. I must play many different roles in my life, only some of which are associated with crossdressing, but they're all just different sides of the same person, me.

Patrice
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
On more than a few occasions Ive told people that I'm a 'person by committee'. As a gemini Im already assumed to have a split personality but with me it went far further than that. For many years it was my practice to alter and conform my personality to the situation, for example I have many friends with whom I am a different person - different interests, habits, preferences, etc. Sometimes mutually exclusive.

If I had to nail it, theres at least 37 different voices in this head of mine. A large percentage of my personal time over the last year has been spent in trying to find the one voice thats 'me'. Its down to 7 now and the convention in my head is getting close to choosing their candidate:tongueout

Amy Hepker
09-03-2008, 05:52 PM
I am 2 merging into one.

SusanMarie
09-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I...with an androgynous personality.

kathtx
09-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Coming to think of myself as one person was one of the biggest steps to self-acceptance.

Kath

TGMarla
09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
One.

docrobbysherry
09-03-2008, 07:36 PM
No matter how I look ON THE OUTSIDE, I'm always the same person ON THE INSIDE!

U mutipersonality/bipolar folks get to have all the fun!:Angry3:

Samantha43
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm just me..........with a little twist. :tongueout

Zenith
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm struggling with this right now...Zenith is more me than me...if that makes any sense...she is very real, not sure about the other half of the coin...

Lesley Ann
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
My Grandfather always told me that the most difficult thing in this life was to know one's self. How right he was!

All our love from the two of us,:doh: Lesley Ann

Mona
09-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I was going to ask 'him' but can't find him!

justmetoo
09-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Just me. :o

CD Susan
09-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Well Kathy I have to tell you that I feel I am only one person. I guess that means I only have one body (unfortunately). But yet I feel that I have two distinct personalities living inside my head. Most of the time I just cope with being this way but sometimes I have to express one side over the other. This is when Susan comes out and I know she is the the strongest of the two of us and she directs where our life goes. I am reserved and afraid of going out but Susan does not want to stay at home and wants to go out all of the time. I submitt to her desires and let both of us go out at times that we feel are benificial to our desires. This may sound bizarre to you but it is the truth. I have a split personality and live as two diffrent people. One of me is male and the other of course is female. I want very much to live as a female but unfortunately society will not let us do that. I find great comfort in being a member of this website and enjoy the time I spend here. I may be confused but I am happy.

Niya W
09-03-2008, 09:36 PM
There is only one. Niya she assimilated the male side .

Resistance is futile .

Jocelyn Quivers
09-03-2008, 10:05 PM
There is only one. Niya she assimilated the male side .

Resistance is futile .

My male side is still resisting, my femme side is getting stronger and more powerful each day, while male side is getting weaker.:eek:

Kate Simmons
09-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Most of us have the basis for multiple personalities in that we use different specialty aspects of ourselves to perform different functions or as the saying goes, we wear a lot of "hats". These exist as "modules" in the brain so that when we need to perform a certain task, we wheel into that particular module. We don't do everything all of the time but only when needed. The so called "femme self" is merely another "module" we call up when we need to want to access it. Usually we have total control of all of these functions. It's only when a person suffers from dissociative identity disorder(DID) that there is no control and the identity modules come up randomly due to some kind of previous stress or trauma to take control of a situation to protect the host.

Niya W
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Most of us have the basis for multiple personalities in that we use different specialty aspects of ourselves to perform different functions or as the saying goes, we wear a lot of "hats"

Great so you are saying in addition to GID I have MPD ? That might explain why the shrink was smiling when she saw me coming..

My male side is still resisting, my femme side is getting stronger and more powerful each day, while male side is getting weaker.:eek:
I recomond a couple tabs of sprio. If th at does not work try estro fem

Alice B
09-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I am me and she is me.:eek:

MsJanessa
09-04-2008, 08:01 AM
I--I'm not two people---just one--for me suggesting I am two would be too much like the main charater in Alfred Hitchcock's movie, Pyscho--which did us all a diservice.

CLARRISA
09-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I have a definate 2 personalities and both are fighting to establish dominance and grow. My male side wants to be more masculine and more attractive to women..My femme side wants to be out and about more and risk discovery..I managed to stop for 2 months, but like allways, out of the blue wham she forces her way through.

Lilith Moon
09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
There's only me in here. Always me.

Tina B.
09-05-2008, 10:18 AM
No body home but little ol' me!
I use to feel like there was two of us, but no it was just me.
two sides of the same coin!
Tina B.

Edyta_C
09-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I think Tina hit the nail on the head! I am both sides at once. sometimes one slightly more than the other. But neither side is wholly gone. I would guess if I was more TG than CD perhaps one side would be more domininant and take over. I don't feel as if I could suppress either part of me. Of course that's me.

Most of us are part of a continuum of gender feelings ranging from CD to those that truly are in a body not corresponding to their minds gender. So that's one of the great things about this forum, it allows one to see and understand where they are in that spectrum and accept it.

hugs Edyta

jenalex
09-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Where are you with this question? Are you two persons or are you one complex individual with two expressions?

uni-gendered, bi-gendered, multi-gendered, flexi-gendered ...?

errmm

well, not bi-gendered anyway :)

KeriB
09-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I am me.... both when presenting either male or female it's just me.

victoriamwilliams1
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
This is interesting as I thought about this several time about are we one person who when dressed becomes a softer version of ourselves but we are conscious that we are the same person just dressed differently. Whew:)

sami1952
09-05-2008, 06:44 PM
When i am myself,that's who i am,but when janie comes out to play,i am janie 100 % and enjoy every minute of it.

ReineD
09-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together ... goo goo g'joob *

Sorry. I couldn't resist! :)
:hugs:

*EDIT*

For the younger crowd, these are lyrics from the Beatles' "I Am The Walrus"

Ashley_UT_CD
09-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I am male most of the time...unfortunately...I tend not to think about it too much though. I just try to be myself...until Ashley wants to get out at some unexpected moment (like the last few days), and then I have to talk to me GF because she's the only one who will refer to me as "she" in those situations...(though honestly there isn't much of a difference in personality...just more shy perhaps...)

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Thats a tough question from my standpoint. No easy answer to fill the spaces with. Both.

*hugs*
Zara

jennylogan
09-06-2008, 05:30 AM
I think I am, therefore I am. I think. No confusion here, just regrets that my birth gender doesn't match what I see in the mirror when dressed. Some day it will and then I will be one. Until then I struggle with this like just about all of us girls do. One day at a time until the day it is my time to become a full time woman.

Angie G
09-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I must be just one person my wife couldn't take 2 of me. :hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
09-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I do not think of myself as being two separate persons. I think that I am merely expressing in a very overt way my feminine aspect when I dress.
Me too! "Rachel" is not a separate part of me. It is me. I am the same person all the time it's just that sometimes my gender expression is so feminine that it's more appropriate to give me a femme name .... especially in public. When I talk to people, or write on forums, I don't like referring to my femme self in the third person, like I know some CDers do. My wife and I always say there is not a "third person" in our marriage just a girly guy whose presentation is rather "fluid" :)

Fab Karen
09-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together ...

Sorry. I couldn't resist! :)
:hugs:

You beat me to it.:)

My name isn't Sybil, only one me here.

Claire3
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
i,who just happens to wear differant clothes at varying times of the day/evening

marie354
09-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I wondered about that for many years...
I think that I was just hiding behind the man...
Now I'm just me.

gennee
09-06-2008, 05:54 PM
There's a lot more to us than meets the eye. I have expressed myself in many ways during the course of the day. I maintain that we are a dichotomy of two (or more) people.

Gennee

:)