PDA

View Full Version : Other Female Triggers?

valenstein
09-04-2008, 08:31 AM
What things outside of clothes and makeup trigger your female side?

I was reading a story to my SO's niece at the family BBQ the other day, she was crying and being bratty, so I started off by reading the story aloud to everyone. When I started, it felt like a parental instinct, but as I progressed and she got more interested, this odd feeling came over me and I had to fight hard to keep tears from rolling down my face.

I get this feeling sometimes, it doesn't matter how I'm dressed, it's a feeling of melancholy. I'll find myself sitting in the back yard looking at a plain old tree and thinking about how beautiful it is and it makes me feel at peace. Dressing up will give me this sensation now and then and I sometimes think I had an estrogen clog that got released. Sure, movies make me cry, but it's not the same feeling.

Do any of you get this and what causes it?

tamarav
09-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Sometimes I find it to be a smell, a word, an ad, or a memory. When I see a woman putting on mascara in her car, see a couple kissing, watch a movie, virtually anything anymore seems to have trigger points in it.

I love the feeling and relish being able to connect.

Your sis,

Tami

Kate Simmons
09-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Yes Hon. It's about feeling connected to ourself and others. It always gives me a good feeling.:)

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Mine come often and with no real "triggers". I don't know why so I just run with it. The older I gert it seems like it comes more frequently.

docrobbysherry
09-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Mine come often and with no real "triggers". I don't know why so I just run with it. The older I gert it seems like it comes more frequently.

Yeah, me, too! These days, I need to take tissues to every movie I see.
( Except Bat Man and Hell Boy, of course).:cry:

Alana65
09-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Sometimes I find it to be a smell, a word, an ad, or a memory. When I see a woman putting on mascara in her car, see a couple kissing, watch a movie, virtually anything anymore seems to have trigger points in it.

I love the feeling and relish being able to connect.

Your sis,

Tami

I don't know why, but I do that too. Sometimes I "tear up" and I wasn't seeing (or thinking about) anything in particular.

Joy Carter
09-04-2008, 10:39 AM
I find my self wishing I would have been born female, no particular trigger, seeing women in certain situations don't help though.

bgirl
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Women talking together and the way they smile at each other, freely showing emotion.
Smooth skin on a woman. A perfect manicure. Make-up ads. Yoga. Smokey eyes. A scent of perfume. Being barefoot in the sand. My lips pursing on a glass of wine.
I am hopeless because some days, everything turns on my female side. Especialy if I wake up in the feminine. Like this morning.
Floral patterns, colors of fall.

Cathytg
09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I think you are asking about feeling very feminine and not just about dressing. Yes, it comes over me from time to time. I love the sensitive part of me.

Sara Jessica
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM
For me, life itself is a trigger. My challenge is to bury the white noise far enough into the background so that I can be productive.

KimberlyS
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
There seems to be many things in my every day life that trigger a feminine feeling within me or masculine if I happened to be dressed more feminine. The the more interesting for me is the when the feminine/masculine feelings seem to change for no reason that I can figure out. Like kneeling on a roof shingling in jeans, tee, steel toe work boots, tool belt on and air nailer in hand; and suddenly a feminine feeling coming over me like I was dressed in my most feminine frilly best. I had to pause as along with feeling feminine I suddenly realized I was on a roof and the neighbors do not know. Panic attack as I needed to double check what I was wearing. I have gotten more use to those sudden masculine/feminine or feminine/masculine feeling changes.

valenstein
09-04-2008, 12:54 PM
I think you are asking about feeling very feminine and not just about dressing. Yes, it comes over me from time to time. I love the sensitive part of me.

Yes, no wrong answers, these are all great. For me, it's something that's not really a female visual identifier, it's a feeling or maybe a voice. Sometimes it's something that someone sees in me outside of my makeup and clothes that triggers it, or something I see that has no gender identifier of any sort.

I heard a story on NPR a few years ago about a test they did where they gave average males controlled shots of female hormones and a lot of what they described reminds me of the feelings I get from time to time.

Victoria Pink
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Hard to say what triggers it. I am like some of the others have mentioned - a feeling will just hit me - almost like a wave of estrogen - and I feel Victoria rise to the surface. Yes, sometimes I cry, sometimes I feel soft and gentle, sometimes I feel frilly and fancy - sometimes I just feel happy and beautiful.

It is good that I can be a girl.

Victoria

Karren H
09-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I must be odd because I really don't have any triggers.... I just feel semi-fem all the time.. It never really goes away so I don't need anything to trigger it...... although the urge to dress does come and go but I think that's more related to the fact that I'm lazy as hell sometimes!! Lol

darla_g
09-04-2008, 01:38 PM
there seems to be a lot of different things, some perfumes in particular sometimes