PDA

View Full Version : Getting there

janelle
09-04-2008, 11:46 AM
The last couple of months have been awesome. Just when I think they can not get much better guess what happens?? My Mom & my sister want to go to the Cities with me on Friday the 5th. Is that great or what? My mom even said we will make a whole day of it, just us 3 girls. I am so happy I think I am floating on a cloud.
I also talked to my therapist up there & she said, that mentally I am there, I made it. She also says I only have 3 maybe 4 things left to show them before the team can meet & say yes or no to surgery, how awesome is that. Alife of fighting with yourself to be so close to getting yourself straightened out is just about the best feeling in the world. I am being accepted more at work & all over & everything I do feels normal. I am not fighting to do things.
I never thought this day would come but its here & all of you have helped me stay focused on this trip of mine, thank you.

Just wanted to share because we all are family here & we need to help each other,thanks again.

Hugs & Kisses,
Janelle

Lisa_M
09-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Congratulations Janelle! I love to read such positive posts, You are one lucky girl. I hope you have a great time with your mom and sis this Friday. Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad to hear everything is going so well for you!

Kimberley
09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Girl, it has been a long road for you and I am soooo pleased that you have finally come close to the end.

:hugs:
Kimmie

GypsyKaren
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
That is such good news! It's funny how fast things can come together after you pretty much give up, we just have to let them.

Karen Starlene :star:

Sharon
09-04-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm very happy for you, Janelle -- your family sounds like the sort that everyone wishes they had. :)

tamarav
09-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Congratulations! I think you are right, relaxing and accepting things as they are can be a very positive move.

Your sis,

Tami

janelle
09-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Your right Sharon, alot of my family is coming along in accepting me, some are not. I think that got thru to my mom, when I said I was the same person inside its just the coating thats changed & she agreed.

On the sad side tonight my sister called & said she has been sick all day & is not sure if she will make it. All I want for her is to get better as there will be other times she can go.

It is still awesome to be getting to the home stretch. I now this will still take time but the end is almost at hand. I guess I could close this with saying that I feel like this song, I'm the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A..

Thanks all.
Hugs, Janelle

janelle
09-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Sorry CaptLex, just so excited. I do forget that you ftm's go thru alot of the same. Please forgive me.

CaptLex
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Sorry CaptLex, just so excited. I do forget that you ftm's go thru alot of the same. Please forgive me.
Apology accepted, Janelle . . . glad to hear things are going well. :thumbsup:

KeriB
09-05-2008, 06:36 PM
That.. is.. so awesome!

janelle
09-05-2008, 07:40 PM
What an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom was at the house well before we had to leave & once we did we talked all the way to the Cities(2-1/2 hours). My sister was sick so said she wouldn't go this time. Any ways we get there & she can not believe the place. A couple of the Dr.'s come out & she asks if any are the ones I see. Told her no & 15 seconds after I said that mine came out. I introduced them & in the office we went. Her & mom talked for about the 1st third of the appointment. Then I was asked many questions from both. When we were done mom said she was very glad she came. We then drove back to Rochester & met my sister for lunch. We had a wonderful visit. We also went & did some window shopping, oh if I only had a ton of money, the wonderful things we saw.
Any ways when mom & I got home we both were tired yet still very excited. What can I say other than this is the kind of day we all deserve,MtF & FtM.
I guess I will sum it up by saying, it was the closes thing to perfect that I have seen in years.
I pray others of you may be blessed with this kind of joy. Thank you.

Hugs & kisses, Janelle