PDA

View Full Version : The Worst thing about it

tricia_uktv
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
We don't normally have any negative posts so I though I'd start one and see what happens.

So what is the worst thing about crossdressing?

I am out all weekend and in five minutes I've got to get rid of my body hair in preparation. I use Nair and really hate the process, but if I do it properly it works for me. I know full well that in two weeks time I've got to go through it all again.

I know I could get it waxed but simply haven't the time.

Can anybody think of anything worse?

Sarah...
09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Having my preferred style of clothing described as "crossdressing".

Sarah...

Tina B.
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Having to put everything away, because of company, I don't mind being in the closet, but there are times, you want to dress, and the whole world seems to want your time!
And some times my foundation makes me break out, and then it's days before I can wear makeup again, I really hate when that happens!
Tina B.

Deborah Jane
09-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Having to shave my facial hair off before i can even consider putting on my makeup,...Or anything else for that matter :sad:
I,m seriously considering laser treatment, after all i don,t really need facial hair, even in guy mode!!

kateyliz
09-04-2008, 04:03 PM
The worst is that femme time flies and drab time crawls. Hugs, Kathy

TommiTN
09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
CDing isn't a problem for me, it's not being able to be out and about where I live and moving not being an option at the moment. I'd love to move to a larger, more accepting city to be close to other sisters. I'm sure I'm not the only CDer in this burg, but out of self preservation we're so deep in the closet daylight doesn't penetrate.

tricia_uktv
09-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I've done it! Had a stern conversation with my body hair. "What is the point of you growing if every two weeks I am going to get rid of you"

I'm not sure body hair was listening.

So I can now wear:
Slinky red dress
or slinky black dress
or demure (ha-ha) blue dress
or sparkly gold dress number 2 at the weekend without being ashamed.

Tip from one whose learning. After nairing (actually I used Veet but it worked) have a bath, not a shower. Take a flannel and a rasor because you always miss bits and the water highlights where you have.

But it is horrible, it smells, it gets everywhere, it sticks, its gooey, its a waste of time. You have to clean the bath, the sink, wash the towel. But it works.

All my stuff is where I am going tomorrow evening, just four things to pack. Work tomorrow then I can be Tricia until Monday morning.

YAY I'm happy again :)

Christineblake113
09-04-2008, 05:00 PM
My intrerest in dressing comes and goes. Since my S.O. doesn't know I'm into this, and I have no plans to tell her, I don't have many opportunities when I am alone and can dress up. Therefore for me the worst thing is suddenly getting the urge to dress up, and not having an opportunity.

Christine

joann07
09-04-2008, 05:20 PM
It's such a drain in my wallet. Everyone is cutting costs by spending less, but when I'm dressed I can't stop shopping.
I keep telling myself to not to do it, but when I see a dress or outfit that catches my eye, I end up buying it anyway.
It's an addiction.
I think I'm the only one helping the economy. :heehee:

Hugs!

tamarav
09-04-2008, 05:22 PM
The only negative I am experiencing is that there are only 24 hours in the day...

Sally24
09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
The worst thing for me is when I set aside some time to either dress around the house or go out for an afternoon and I just can't get started. I sit and look at things on the computer or putter around the house until there's not enough time to get dressed. Then I'm depressed for several days after that.

It happens more when I'm only going to be able to be dressed for a few hours. Once I change to Sally mode I don't want to change back so doing it for only a few hours is really tough to get enthused about. I have no trouble getting dressed to go out for an evening or all day.

It's just irritating that even after all this time I don't have complete control of this thing!

TGMarla
09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Let's see, we've mentioned having to shave, putting everything away when all done, the mere fact that it's not dressing, it's crossdressing, the drain on the wallet.....

Yeah, all of that. I also hate that so little gets done while I'm dressed. I also suspect that over the course of the years, it has contributed to my failure to realize my full potential in life. Rather than concentrate on my ideas, write my books, study and better myself, I crossdress and while away the hours en femme.

Oh well, life is short. I like spending some of it as a lady!

Veronica 1
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
The worst thing for me is the lack of courage to come out to the world and live 24/7 as a woman. I have no problem with selected people, but the general public terrify me.

Babette
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
There never seems to be enough closets or closet space for all my things.

Babette

Ellen Ross
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh well, life is short. I like spending some of it as a lady!

Well said Marla!

I have just passed the half century mark, and only a year ago did I realize / accept this side of me existed. So the worst thing for me is not coming to understand this sooner in my life.

CD Susan
09-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Without a doubt the never ending battle with facial hair!!!

Jaclyn NM
09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeh, the worst thing for me is when company is coming over and I have to dress in male clothing. Boy I hate when that happens,

paulaluvssz8
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Having to sneek around to dress the way I like from time to time. That sucks.

Angie G
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes hun Not being able to go 27/7.:hugs:
Angie

Christie ann
09-04-2008, 08:18 PM
The absolute worst thing is that my wife doesn't approve.

Bethany38
09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Knowing that I think I could never pass. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to bury the man side with the make up. I think I have to practice more but I truely Believe that I have no femmenin qualities in my face or body.:sad:

FlygrlChristy
09-04-2008, 10:17 PM
The absolute worst thing is that my wife doesn't approve.

I'm right there with you on that one.:hugs:

Christy

Celeste
09-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I think the worst is not being able to readily share it with others.Another depressing part is trying to get dressed and not being able to get rid of those last few male characteristics.

Chiana
09-04-2008, 11:58 PM
The only negative I am experiencing is that there are only 24 hours in the day...

That made me laugh. I have so many things that I need/want to do every day as a guy. But then when I am dressed, I don't want to stop/change and a lot of times I don't. So I always feel like I never have enough hours in the day. I need 24 hours a day for each of the 2 people here. I have already gotten used to sleeping less than 6 hours a night. And except for the need for nourishment, I think eating is a waste of time. I very rarely sit down and eat a liesurely meal.

amy canada
09-05-2008, 01:17 AM
The worst thing about CDing is that not everyone accepts it, but even if they did, it's still very nerve wracking trying to get new clothes and shoes.

Also, although getting new clothes is fun, it can be quite expensive, and I surely don't make a lot of money. That might be the worst part. Women work so hard just to make enough money to buy shoes and clothes and accessories. No wonder they need so much closet space! LOL

VeronicaMoonlit
09-05-2008, 01:28 AM
The worst thing about it? I remember when I was younger, the guilt, the shame, the fear that Someone Would Find Out. You remember Ralphie's brother in A Christmas Story? How he hides under the sink because he thinks "Ralphie's gonna get killed" when Ralphie fights the bully and curses up a storm? Well when I was young, I thought that if my family found out I'd "get killed." Not literally of course, but figuratively. So I hid "It". And that really wasn't a good thing for my mental health, the secrecy and hiding. It led to bad things, obsessive compulsive behaviour, all sorts of things. I even shoplifted a couple of times when I was 18/19.

I'm somewhat better now, at 41, but I still feel a bit of the guilt/shame/fear at times even though I know intellectually I shouldn't. The emotional grip of things is strong. Right now I have a hard time stating my trans-needs and doing things for me, or even admitting I want to do those things. That is not a good thing and it led to self esteem issues, bad ones, that I am working on.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Joy Carter
09-05-2008, 01:43 AM
The worst thing is that it's been two months since Ive dressed, let alone go anywhere. I have bought three out fits since and none have seen the out side of the closet yet. That my friends is sad.

cd_britney_426
09-05-2008, 01:46 AM
I would have to say the shaving part is quite annoying. I really enjoy not having body hair and it looks as well as feels very feminine. However, it is just a nuissance to have to constantly keep shaving my entire body. Even if I am not going to dress for awhile (say a month or so), I still shave because when the hair starts to come back it itches like crazy. This is one example of the high-maintenance work of being a woman! :) If I just shave my face, that is like 10 minutes but my entire body takes a good hour. :eek: