PDA

View Full Version : in the fast lane

Carin
09-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Life has been persistently telling me that I am in the right place recently.

About two months ago I am on my weekly 70 mile drive home, not half dressed up as is common for me on these trips, but fully feminine in a really nice dress, appropriate accessories and makeup. I see the red and blue lights in my mirror. Crap, speeding. My Jaguar does not like to trot. It runs with the wind. I pull over.. Highway patrol officer .. "Ma'am, do you know that you were doing 80 mph." (Only 80 I thought, he can't have been watching me for long). "No, really, I didn't realize", handing him my drivers license. He does a double take as he goes away to check it, comes back, returns my license, "You need to slow down, OK", and he is gone. No ticket. That has never happened before!
Maybe he got an urgent call over the radio, maybe he just didn't want to deal with whatever I am :eek:, maybe he just felt in a good mood.

Then last weekend, I am backing out of a parking space, cars coming and going, I misjudged and rubbed paint on another car. I was dressed again, and my daughter was with me. We all get out look at it. I know that a body shop is going to charge a significant amount to fix it. The other driver is a young guy, quiet, and clearly not sure about who or what he is dealing with. 5 minutes looking at the damage,thinking, looking again, he says "No problem", and declines to take my information. I can see his mind working on "How could I tell my friends that I got hit by a transvestite".:heehee:

And so this morning, on my weekly 70 mile outward trip, whadda you know, those blue and red lights in my mirror again. I didn't have a dress on, but nonetheless a fully unmistakable feminine outfit. The lady Highway Patrol officer, approaches.. "Ma'am, do you know you were doing 80 on the freeway." "No!, really!, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking" (sounds much better than I wasn't paying attention). "Yea", she said, "You just blew right by me". OK, so I REALLY wasn't paying attention. I gave her my drivers license. No double take from her, no discernable reaction, she just said, "if this (the drivers license) is clean we're OK!". Returns a couple of minutes later. "You need to slow down, OK!" and she takes off. No ticket.

OK so the first time I figure "whatever". But three times now, twice with Police officers, life is being kind to me. I am getting the message. Life is kind to the feminine me. At least I should let Carin do all the driving :devil:.

OK, save your comments about my driving habits for another forum, that is not the point here. Being stopped while dressed didn't phase me at all. When I saw the flashing lights behing me, my first reaction was "Crap, speeding ticket", not "Crap, I'm dressed". Not getting the speeding tickets threw me for a loop though.

I have also told a few people recently about being transgendered. All positive or more than positive reactions. My guardian angel is nudging me down a :battingeyelashes: path here. This path brings me peace.:)

Carin's Wife GG
09-04-2008, 04:35 PM
but here I am and your post is the first and only post I have read.

Yes, sweetheart, your gaurdian angel is nudging you in exactly the right direction! You are more serene and so much more at peace in this present place that you are in right now.

I am so glad for you Carin.

Louise.

Niya W
09-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Life has been persistently telling me that I am in the right place recently.

About two months ago I am on my weekly 70 mile drive home, not half dressed up as is common for me on these trips, but fully feminine in a really nice dress, appropriate accessories and makeup. I see the red and blue lights in my mirror. Crap, speeding. My Jaguar does not like to trot. It runs with the wind. I pull over.. Highway patrol officer .. "Ma'am, do you know that you were doing 80 mph." (Only 80 I thought, he can't have been watching me for long). "No, really, I didn't realize", handing him my drivers license. He does a double take as he goes away to check it, comes back, returns my license, "You need to slow down, OK", and he is gone. No ticket. That has never happened before!
Maybe he got an urgent call over the radio, maybe he just didn't want to deal with whatever I am :eek:, maybe he just felt in a good mood.

Then last weekend, I am backing out of a parking space, cars coming and going, I misjudged and rubbed paint on another car. I was dressed again, and my daughter was with me. We all get out look at it. I know that a body shop is going to charge a significant amount to fix it. The other driver is a young guy, quiet, and clearly not sure about who or what he is dealing with. 5 minutes looking at the damage,thinking, looking again, he says "No problem", and declines to take my information. I can see his mind working on "How could I tell my friends that I got hit by a transvestite".:heehee:

And so this morning, on my weekly 70 mile outward trip, whadda you know, those blue and red lights in my mirror again. I didn't have a dress on, but nonetheless a fully unmistakable feminine outfit. The lady Highway Patrol officer, approaches.. "Ma'am, do you know you were doing 80 on the freeway." "No!, really!, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking" (sounds much better than I wasn't paying attention). "Yea", she said, "You just blew right by me". OK, so I REALLY wasn't paying attention. I gave her my drivers license. No double take from her, no discernable reaction, she just said, "if this (the drivers license) is clean we're OK!". Returns a couple of minutes later. "You need to slow down, OK!" and she takes off. No ticket.

OK so the first time I figure "whatever". But three times now, twice with Police officers, life is being kind to me. I am getting the message. Life is kind to the feminine me. At least I should let Carin do all the driving :devil:.

OK, save your comments about my driving habits for another forum, that is not the point here. Being stopped while dressed didn't phase me at all. When I saw the flashing lights behing me, my first reaction was "Crap, speeding ticket", not "Crap, I'm dressed". Not getting the speeding tickets threw me for a loop though.

I have also told a few people recently about being transgendered. All positive or more than positive reactions. My guardian angel is nudging me down a :battingeyelashes: path here. This path brings me peace.:)

Um how do I get you luck ??? last time I got caught the officer was like miss you were doing 90. Writes me a ticket.

I guess I used all my luck up the day I was doing 130 on supervened license . They let me go with an 80 ticket

girl_in_pantyhose
09-04-2008, 08:31 PM
this should be called the "LEAD FOOT" thread! Dive safely....:battingeyelashes:

Angie G
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Carin you are one lucky Girl hun.:hugs:
Angie

Bethany38
09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Carin,
Hun please slow down just a little I personally know the need for speed, and I would hate to see you burn through all your luck at once Bethany:2c:

darla_g
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Carin, i hate to say it but you are pressing your luck. Especially if you run into one of the cops who stopped you before!

Karren H
09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Funny how I drive slower enfemme than not.. Not because I'm afraid to get stopped.. Longer the journey the longer I can stay enfemme!!

I think I figured out what's going on!! All the officers watch TV and they all have crusier cameras... and none of them want to end up on "Cops" being attacked by an enraged transvestite.. :D

Deborah Jane
09-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I drive slower en femme too, probably because everytime i look in the rear view mirror i check my makeup :doh:

Tina P Hose
09-15-2008, 08:28 PM
slow down

Amy Lynn3
09-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Carin, I say its time for you to have some good luck. Glad it turned out that way, because I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said......the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off, due to recent cut backs. Just keep walking toward the light.

Rachel Morley
09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Ooooh ... you lucky, lucky, *******! (X2) I've been caught for speeding and I was so thankful I wasn't dressed as I was shaking like a leaf when it happened and so being en femme would have made it much worse for me and my nerves.

Anyway Carin, I do believe in "if it's meant to happen it will" ... or in your case, it won't :D - btw .. I was doing 60 in a 45, but it was a wide two lane highway (dual carriageway) :doh:

TxKimberly
09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
LOL I also have a lead foot, though perhaps not with an auto as fine as yours.
One word of caution though - Karma can be a B#$%h! The Universe cut you some slack three times recently. If you keep pushing your luck it's gonna slap you down, and that is the voice of experience!

Eileen
09-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Carin I do not know about CA, but in some States even warnings are entered and if you get too many you are going to get a ticket. Be like some of the rest of us and slow down and enjoy the extra time it takes to get to your destination. So glad to hear those you have come out to have been understanding.

Eileen

CD Susan
09-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Carin, my thoughts are that your good luck is not going to last indefinately. When I dress and drive I am the safest driver on the road as I do not want to deal with the police or the paramedics.

shannonsilk
09-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I got pulled over once while in girl mode. It was Dec 26. the officer let me off in the spirit of the holidays.
I think it's the only time I've gotten off without a ticket.
Maybe there is something to your theory. Thought I won't test it on purpose. Haha.

Carin
09-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Funny how I drive slower enfemme than not.. Not because I'm afraid to get stopped.. Longer the journey the longer I can stay enfemme!!
Think about it.
The girl side gets out and about in comfort and style.
The guy side gets to drive a performance car that is fun to drive.
Double down! The integrated guy/girl gets a twofer.

If I wanted to cruise around, I would have bought a pink Cadillac.

I think I figured out what's going on!! All the officers watch TV and they all have cruiser cameras... and none of them want to end up on "Cops" being attacked by an enraged transvestite.. :D

"But Sargent, she hit me with her lip-stick :cry::cry:"!! :haha:

Carin, you may have a point. I went one step worse than you and actually crashed my car while dressed (complete write-off but no injuries and nobody else involved).
Wow, glad no one got hurt.

By the way, just a personal question: this cross-dressing, is it difficult?"
Now there is a leading question that is impossible to answer.