PDA

View Full Version : One outfit or many

Jill
09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I find that when I dress I change several times and put on several outfits, changing my hose and shoes. What about everyone else? When you dress do you just put on one outfit or do you change several times, enjoying the experience of sliding on new clothes?

Cary
09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I go back and forth depending on my mood. Sometimes I'm happy wearing one thing and at other times I have to try on almost everything I have. I'm funny that way sometimes.

darla_g
09-05-2008, 12:02 AM
i usually try a variety of outfits and looks and sometime multiple wigs... takes a long time

docrobbysherry
09-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Often, more! What limits my time and my ability to change, is corsets! I can only stand 2 hours max, in a fully titened corset. Not enough time to try everything I'd like to. Also, it's very difficult to bend over to switch nylons and shoes/boots with a corset.

Dressing sessions without a corset, usually last 3 to 6 hours! And may involve over a dozen different outfit combos!:D

DawnRodgers
09-05-2008, 12:35 AM
When I dess, I dress fully - shoes, clothes, undies, makeup, jewelry and wig. I like to look for the complete look - as fem as possible. I will wear that outfit for most of the day and do all the fem things I can. In the evening, at bedtime, I take it all off and wear something completely different the next time - washing and pressing the clothes to be ready. Just love looking completely fem.

Sabrina Flowers
09-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I tend to leave the same underwear on, but change the blouse, skirt and footwear a couple of times. it depends on how long I have to dress.

Deanna2
09-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Sometimes I will wear the same outfit all day or all evening. Other times I will change several times. Rarely will I change lingerie or pantyhose because I put them on first thing in the morning anyway whether I'm wearing femme or drab.

faltenrock
09-05-2008, 05:05 AM
I agree, I wear various skirts and blazers during dress up time.

michellesue
09-05-2008, 06:38 AM
I usually keep the same outfit on all day. When I can dress both during the day and evening, I will change outfits, make-up, wig, shoes, and lingerie.

After I have been shopping, I do love to try on all my new clothes to see if they fit. It is so much fun to think about what shoes, make-up etc. would look good with each new outfit.

Michelle

Brenda's Friend
09-05-2008, 07:08 AM
I simply love to play dressup.

BF

tracigirl_tv
09-05-2008, 08:33 AM
If I'm going out at night, I will leave several hours in the afternoon to try on lots of different outfits. I only wish I had lots MORE to try on too :)

Tina B.
09-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Most of the time I jsut find one outfit that suits my mood, and plans for the day, and stay in it, but then I might dress 4 or five days in a row, so I get to wear pleanty of variety that way. In my younger days, I would have gone through a half dozen outfits or more when I got the chance to dress.

Tina B.
I love retirement!

Deborah Jane
09-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I used to get changed several times during a session when i didn,t get many chances to dress. But now i can dress as often as i like for as long as i like, so i normally stick with one outfit for the evening, although if i,m dressing for the whole weekend i,ll get changed several times :)

Karren H
09-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Depends if I'm going out or not... If I'm going out its one maybe with a few adjustments to get the look right... Then off we go!!

If I'm just messing around.. Many many many. Outfits but then again lately I've not even finished dressing when I get into playing with makeup... Standing in front of the mirror for hours in a slip and bare footed... Trying different schemes and makeing changes and fixing mistakes... Especially If there's a makeup competition.... :)

Cathytg
09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow! You girls do that, too! I also change many times during a dressing session if I am spending the day along in the house. It really is a lot of fun to be trying on new looks.

sami1952
09-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I go thru several outfits before i find one that i feel good in and then i go out for the night.

Angie G
09-06-2008, 07:07 AM
I have changed 2 or 3 time a day. mostly just one outfit. some times it's fun to put different outfits on One after another. It's nice just to have fun with it sometimes hun.:hugs:
Angie

cindyscute
09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
I start out with one outfit, sometimes that's enough. Other times its like a fashion show trying on this style and that. It all depends on how I feel that day.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I often change everything from outfits, shoes, and hose until I go crazy.

Glenda
09-06-2008, 08:40 AM
It sometimes takes a while to find the right outfit but once I've decided I usually stay in that unless I'm going to a different function......then I have to try on several again to find the right one.

Amy Hepker
09-06-2008, 08:45 AM
I will wear one thing for a while then put something else on. I counted the other day and found that I have 80 tops, so I have a lot to choose from.

donnadawn
09-06-2008, 09:30 AM
If I have all day to play then I like to change several times during the day to fit the mood for that time of the day. If I only have an evening or morning then I just pick one out fit to play in.

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-06-2008, 12:46 PM
I try on many to try and find the right look and feel. I have many shoes so that is the easy part to match but skirts, dresses, tops, it is really hard to get the right look amd feel.

Claire Cook
09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I'll echo the sentiments. Depends. If I'm going out, obviously one. If I'm in the mood, I'll try on a bunch of things. Glad to hear that many of you do too!

Beth-Lock
09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Though I may change during the day, I find it is usually enough bother to put together one outfit.

bridget thronton
09-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Usually one outfit that I wear all day

Claire3
09-06-2008, 05:14 PM
When i was married id wear several outfits in a day.Now i generally stay in the same one for the evening or a couple,maybe three if im home all day,normally if ive had to go out for whatever reason

marie354
09-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Most days, I wear the same thing all day.
If I go out to a special event or even a club, (Haha at my age?), I would change again. (Maybe.)
I'm full time, as I'm sure most here know, so getting dressed is a normal part of my daily routine now.
Once I wake up & clean up, I choose what I'll wear... Undies usually match what I decide on, then it's makeup time... That done, I'll fix my hair. (No wigs for me.) Then the jewelery.
After all that, I'll decide if I need to redo my nail color and pick a pair of shoes.
It's all a regular routine to me now.
Most days, I'm ready in a half hour or so, but if we're going out somewhere special or I'm meeting a friend, it'll take a bit longer.

As for trying several outfits... I used to, and sometimes I still do. it all depends on my mood, I guess.

Fiona Lindum
09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Most days I will wear the same outfit for the whole day. I will only change if I am going out in the evening.

gennee
09-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll wear the same outfit all day. If I'm going out at night I'll change everything. If I know where I'm going in advance, I'll plan what I want to wear.

Gennee

:gorgeous:

Tina B.
09-10-2008, 08:49 AM
lately I've not even finished dressing when I get into playing with makeup... Standing in front of the mirror for hours in a slip and bare footed... Trying different schemes and makeing changes and fixing mistakes... Especially If there's a makeup competition.... :)

OK Karren, where do you sign up for that Makeup competition? and is it on ESPN or the speed channel?
Tina B.

Lee Dee
09-10-2008, 09:19 AM
I find this thread very interesting. I've always spent ages changing everything from stockings to tops during a dressing session. Having pondered on this now I have come to the conclusion that I don't have enough clothes to make the ideal outfit choice perhaps. I seem to have one in my head but Im never satisfied with what I've got to work with - I then regret what I lost in the last purge.

Beth-Lock
09-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Lee Dee,
Of course the perfect outfit is elusive. That is where a lot of shopping and I mean a lot, seems to help, although it may take months to find everything you need to make an outfit perfect, if you ever do. I like to match colors for example, and that is very time consuming for bright or unusual colors.
I read that chocolate, purple and gray are in this fall, along with gold accessories. Black and white bold patterns especially for full skirts and dresses also seems in from late this summer. I looked for a black and white patterned dress this summer, but could not find something reasonable that fit me. That is all too typical a disappointment. So, when I get some money, I shall have to shop for things in those colors now!

KimberlyS
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
For me it is usually one outfit when I go out. There has been a couple of times I have bought a top that I just had to change into. And a couple of times out and about on a Sunday I have started out the day in dressier go to church clothes for the morning and early afternoon and than changed for the rest of the day.