PDA

View Full Version : how do you feel the day after?

karezza
09-05-2008, 08:02 AM
I have recently had several opportunities to go out dressed while traveling in my work. I've connected with TG/CD groups in the cities I've visited and gone out dancing. I've met and mingled with some very fun and friendly TG/CDs and had lots of fun. What a great community this is!

In these experiences I have noticed something interesting. After being out and having fun as a girl, I feel wonderful the next day, regardless how sleep deprived I am. I feel calm and content and more kind, understanding and patient. What brought this to mind is I am working closely this week with an unattractive person with a very irritating personality. After going out on Wed., I was not bothered at all by him on Thu. Obviously, I was just happy to have been out, but it feels like there is something more to it, like a residual sense of femininity, still being in my female mind and body. Has anyone else noticed this affect?

K

Sara Jessica
09-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I'll tell you tomorrow, I'm heading out on an all-dayer today!!! :)

tamarav
09-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh yes! Although I do work dressed everyday, I have the hold-over feeling everyday, and into the days off when I am not dressed. I feel like an idiot some times, grinning like a fool, I am so content inside knowning that my feminine portion is able to express herself.

I understand the irritable workmate. I work with them every day. I stand there and grin and listen to their woes and tell them "It just sucks to be you" and go on with my day. Some times they come around and start being nice to themselves but they don't have the same feeling you and I do toward life.

It is very nice to be able to smile both internally and externally at the same time.

Your happy sis,

Tami

Cary
09-05-2008, 08:43 AM
It's amazing how somethings can change the look and feel of life little situations.:)

Kate Simmons
09-05-2008, 08:51 AM
It may seem that way Hon but it's actually because you are embracing your feelings and getting in touch with them. Great feeling, isn't it?:)

harmony
09-05-2008, 09:16 AM
its like going to the chiropractor of the soul!you get jerked into alignment.

Jenny J
09-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I think I’ve had a similar experience although it doesn’t involve an individual. Working for a company that over the last 5 years has gone through tumultuous times; with major issues that never get solved, antagonist management, crisis after crisis and employee groups that hate each other including verbal and occasion physical abuse occurring, I’ve found that my only solace has been that ‘residual sense of femininity’ you mentioned.

After being in the closet for eons, I finally spread my wings this summer and joined a support group. After attending the meetings and events with other like minded people en femme and having some fun, I was amazed how much more happy I was at work. The serenity and peace I had afterwards would carry over for days. It was as if I was of two minds and bodies. One mind to tolerate work and earn a living and the other one to have a life.

I too have had many of those sleep deprived days but lately it seems I’ve had a smile on my face a lot more.

Jen

Annaliese
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes yes yes!

Edyta_C
09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I think that one of the reasons my wife is accepting somewhat of my Cding is that I am so different after or during dressing from my purely male self. When I allow the femme side to be revealed ( even through under dressing) I am quite more mellow, understanding , and thoughtful of others. So I really do think that it is important to have some outlet for your femme side to better settle your personality presented to others. Of course for some of us underdressing may be enough, but for others that's not enough toward their femme side.

Hugs Edyta

karezza
09-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the responses, girls. This seems to be something we have in common. After going out I feel much more sensitive and in touch with my feelings. I even notice that the tone of my voice is softer and more gentle. I truly believe I am a better person en femme. I try to let the experience infuse my daily life and help me be a better person en drab as well.

K

Deborah Jane
09-05-2008, 12:33 PM
YES!!!
Thats why i keep dressing whenever i can :D

Karren H
09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Not really... I still feel like myself only in a different uniform of the day!! Lol

Jenna Lynne
09-05-2008, 01:25 PM
I guess I'll have to voice the other side of the picture. For me, not really. If I've been CDing for a day or two, I soon get bored. The next day I'm back in boy mode and quite content to be there! Don't want to do it, don't want to think about it, don't care.

I have other interests as well, which take up quite a bit of my time. That may have something to do with it. Not sure. Or maybe this effect relates to whether CDing is sexual for you. For me, it's sexual, and I'm old enough that sex every day is not biologically feasible.

So when I'm done, I'm done. Until next time....

***Jenna Lynne***

Angie G
09-06-2008, 07:01 AM
All the time K :hugs:
Angie

Sara Jessica
09-06-2008, 07:52 AM
My outing yesterday was wonderful. As is typical after a long day like this, I am very tired right now, yet with a serene feeling inside. Unfortunately, this is countered by an equal part of restlessness about my longing to be able to present as the girl I am each and every day. It'll take a little effort on my part to get back to reality, to get my head back around the reasons why I know darned well transition is not in the cards for me. But either way, the positive experience yesterday will continue to buoy me for days to come.

Ressie
09-06-2008, 03:33 PM
I guess I'll have to voice the other side of the picture. For me, not really. If I've been CDing for a day or two, I soon get bored. The next day I'm back in boy mode and quite content to be there! Don't want to do it, don't want to think about it, don't care.

I have other interests as well, which take up quite a bit of my time. That may have something to do with it. Not sure. Or maybe this effect relates to whether CDing is sexual for you. For me, it's sexual, and I'm old enough that sex every day is not biologically feasible.

So when I'm done, I'm done. Until next time....

***Jenna Lynne***

It's mostly sexual for me too. And there are too many other important things in my life to have time to crossdress. For those that have made CDing an everyday experience, I may be a bit jealous.

gennee
09-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I feel a sense of contentment and inner peace with who I am.

Gennee

:)

sterling12
09-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Just got back from the Orlando Meeting, Everybody a bit pre-occupied watching hurricane Tracks, but we got by and had some fun. Annual Auction and among other things, I snagged a honey blond wig for five bucks....brand new and tre' cute!

How do I feel the day after? Like I'm missing all the fun from the day before! About twenty more meetings and get togethers per month, and I would feel glorious.

Peace and Love, Joanie

MattiQ
09-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I feel great for a couple of days, It builds up for me and afterwords I feel calm and at peace with the world for days.

Matti

Hinata
09-07-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't usually get the carry over, but yesterday morning I just woke up feeling that Hinata was the main player for the day. So I went to work and had the self awarness that I was being true to myself . I wish I could wake up like that more often. It really helpd when I had to deal with a customer that needed to buy a used mower. I'm normaly a giving and understanding person, but when she told me how much money she had , I knew I had to help. I sold her a $179 mower for $25. No worries, she was happy and so was I.

Nicole Erin
09-07-2008, 03:55 PM
The next day yes I feel pretty good. I feel like I had a date with a lovely woman who will always be available when I need her. So yes there is carry over peace...
Unless I have to be at work, as going to work ruins any good feelings.

Amy Hepker
09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
There is a feeling of satisfaction and a feel of relief the next day as well as excitement for the next outing.

Melora
09-08-2008, 03:19 AM
I usually feel quite happy, Fullfilled and EXCITED especially if I feel like I had made some great piccies!

Princess Chantal
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
here's a good cartoon to describe some peoples crossdressing
day before = day dreaming and/or looking forward to it
day after = reminiscing of the crossdressing

Nicole Erin
09-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Chantal, that is a good one. the Mon thru Thur are like "F*** this S***""

good one :heehee:

Celeste
09-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I do get mellow the following day,its much easier to blow off bills,rude people and cruddy drivers.

Jenna Lynne
09-08-2008, 01:15 PM
That cartoon is priceless. Thanks! Where did you find it?

I do wonder, though ... how does he change his eyebrows like that? And the shape of his nose, too, that would be even harder.

***Jenna Lynne***

Niya W
09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
There is a day after ??? I just think of it as rest.

charlie
09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
No, I relate more with Karren. Still me, same person. Now if I got several compliments on my outfit of the night before and got a bit puffed up...that is something else!

tricia_uktv
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Yay Chantal that is about it. I now dress Friday evening until Monday morning, when going back to work is so hard. I'm called Tricia, I am Tricia for the whole weekend and it is brilliant. When I come back though there is loafds of Tricia inside me and I try to compensate by, for example, not shaving, no deoderant. It isn't right I know and I will address it shortly but for now I have to make the best of a bad job.

"Every time we say goodbye I cry a little"

TxKimberly
09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I guess I'll be the rebel again 'cause I feel just the opposite. Going back to "boy mode" depresses the hell out of me. I'm a very plain looking male, most women wouldn't give me a second look or a second thought. Dressed, I think I make a fairly attractive looking woman. It's not just about my vanity either. There is a peace and feeling of "rightness" for me when presenting as Kim. When I go back to boy mode I feel like that has been yanked away and torn from me. So you might want to consider steering clear of me the day after I've been out and about 'cause I'm probably gonna be in a foul mood.

Nicki B
09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
How do I feel the day after? Like I'm missing all the fun from the day before! About twenty more meetings and get togethers per month, and I would feel glorious.

A lot of people I know seem to get depressed after dressing, when they have to go back to being drab? In the UK, the 'post-Sparkle blues' is a well known phenomenon. The only cure is little and often.. :)

Carly D.
09-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I think cross dressing has that effect on me as well as most who do.. it just puts me in touch with a more feeling side of myself...

Tasha McIntyre
09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
It's not the day after for me, it's trying to get to sleep that evening whilst thinking about that gorgeous dress I've been in all day.

Tash:D

Cindi Johnson
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, I have noticed that I can be stressed to the max over any number of things -work, family, politics, or whatever - but when I change into something nice and drive off as a woman, such concerns just slip away. I don't get excited (although I used to, when I was new at this), but I do become calm, even serene. My troubles tend to become much less important to me. By the time I walk into a store or a Starbucks, all is OK with the world. I can relax, shop, have a coffee and pastry, whatever..., and I'm as much at peace with myself and with the universe as I am with the skirt and heels I wear.

The feeling persists for a while after switching back to boy-mode, although by the next day I'm ready to do it again.

Just maybe, if the world were ruled by girls or by crossdressers, there'd be peace rather than all this damn war.

Cindi Johnson

Jilmac
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
For all the years I spent in the closet, dressing always made me feel better either while or after I was dressed. My main reasoning was that I could "mellow out" and forget all the stresses of life, (work, family, bills, commitments, etc.) Now that I'm out and able to dress at will, the mellowness lasts longer, but when I go back into drab mode there is always a residual effect.

kimberly ann487
09-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't go out dressed yet, but just talking with other CD's on this site brightens up my day. Specially that certain someone ! This site has changed my outlook and it's getting better all the time
KIM:love:

sabrina mercedes
09-09-2008, 05:10 PM
I find that both emotions come out.
When I am dressed, fully, sitting and watching TV, working at the computer, or enjoying a drink, I am soooo relaxed. The feeling of femininity engulfs me, taking away ever care I have. I am at peace.
When the time comes to return to the male me, I am greatly saddened.
The action of removing my female appearance brings angst and longing.
The angst is from having to return to duties of a man.
The longing happens when I see my drink glass with lipstick on the rim, bringing out a soft sigh of loss.
Being a woman, even for the short times I have, is better then not being.
I am a better person because I'm Sabrina for a while.:battingeyelashes: