PDA

View Full Version : Always pass with the elderly

Taylor105
09-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm pre-T and pre-op so passing is an iffy thing for me. But I can guarantee always passing with elderly people. I got sirred today by a worker in Walgreens. She must have been about 70. And have been told "thank you son" for holding open doors on many occasions for old men. Is it that in their younger years "women" never dressed the way trans guys do? It's kinda funny. I love it don't get me wrong but I wish all people see me the way elderly people do. And of course instead of being kind and saying "good morning" back to the lady who wished me a "good morning sir" I just nodded and gave her a weak smile. I was too afraid to say "good morning" back for outing myself with my voice. Ah well. It was still nice to be called sir.

suzy cool
09-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Maybe older people have a different set of ingrained gender identity references. They take you at face value because of the clothes and general presentation that represent male.
Of course, cataracts help.:heehee:

Taylor105
09-05-2008, 04:19 PM
LOL cataracts!! Gee thanks alot!! Are you saying I look like a girl? :tongueout

Margot
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM
You look perfectly presentable sir! A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was out shopping with my wife and a guy ran through the door and let it slam in front of me. My wife was behind me. This guy actually came back and opened up the door for us and said "sorry miss". My wife said wow I haven't been called "miss" in many a year. I said I think he was talking to me:heehee: The thing was that I was in drab guy mode. Well sort of. White short shorts and bright orange tee and my runners with short white socks.
Was good enough for me!
:hugs:
Margot

ZenFrost
09-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Huh, that's a good point about the generational clothes thing. I haven't noticed a difference with older people passing me but that might be because most of the older people I meet are ones my grandma introduces me to and she tends to introduce me as her granddaughter. :doh:

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
09-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Huh, that's a good point about the generational clothes thing. I haven't noticed a difference with older people passing me but that might be because most of the older people I meet are ones my grandma introduces me to and she tends to introduce me as her granddaughter. :doh:

That sucks, dude.. lol
My grandmother recently informed me that when someone asked her a little while ago if she had any grandchildren, she said she had three grandsons.. me and my two brothers.. she's so awesome.

Alan
09-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Even when presenting as female (ie, not binding, etc), elderly people thought me to be a guy.

Hell, half the time, when presenting as female, I was thought to be a guy.

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
09-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Lucky bugger. lol