PDA

View Full Version : Out of the blue... (compliment from a gg)

Sara Jessica
09-06-2008, 08:19 AM
When on outings, I'm sure many of us have received nice compliments. Obviously these make us feel great, like we're doing something right in our presentation.

I received one yesterday which was so wonderful, and so out of the blue, that I want to share what happened. So in a nutshell...

I was to meet a dear tg friend of mine at about 1:00 p.m. Having given myself plenty of time to get ready beforehand, I had a little time to kill at Macy's. I browsed cosmetics for a bit and then looked around for the shoes because they are having an incredible clearance sale. Didn't see the department so I looked at the directory. Curiously, not listed so I figured this might be one of those malls with two different Macy's stores. I wandered back through cosmetics, looking for a SA who wasn't busy. Found one in fragrances. Her back was to me so I said excuse me. When she turned around, surely not having time to even register "tg" or anything like that, she immediately said "oh my gosh, you are absolutely beautiful".

I was floored to say the least, and aside from a thank you and getting my question answered, I was utterly speechless. In hindsight, I kind of wish I would have engaged her in a little conversation. What specifically led her to say this? Did she happen to see this tg girl walking about already? Either way, it put me on cloud nine and set me up to have a wonderful remainder of my day!!! :)

Carroll
09-06-2008, 08:22 AM
It is alway nice to get comment about how good you look, but even better when the person says it without even thinking about it.

Glenda
09-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Congratulations girl. A compliment like that just makes you feel wonderful, doesn't it? Especially when it comes from a total stranger!

donnadawn
09-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Is there any one who does not like a compliment? To get a compliment even if your not passing, which can happen, is so wonderful. I had one a few months ago when I was not even trying to pass. I have long hair that I put up into a pony tail. This day I put my hair up in an extra high position and used a curling iron to put some curls in it. It is certainly not something you would see on a guy but I was dressed in drab any way. While sitting a restaurant to gals got up to leave. As they passed me one of them said, "We were just admiring your hair". Then they either said "It looks perfect on you" or "You look perfect for it". I was so stunned at the moment that I couldn't take in all that they said. In either case I was and still am very flush with pride and joy. (Maybe they were both CDers and just wanted me to feel good.)

MarissaSynth
09-06-2008, 10:00 AM
I tend to always compliment a tgirl when i see one in town im shure u were stunning.

vivianann
09-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Cool, I love it when a GG compliments me when I am enfemme. I love the GG's for the way they are, they are lovely creatures. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Zenith
09-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Compliments from a GG can cause us to just melt...:c9:

(Calling Paige...calling Paige...:heehee:)

Thanks for sharing the moment...picked us all up as well...
:bighug:

Sharonoz
09-06-2008, 10:11 PM
when out wandering around shopping I have had GGs offer compliments about how "great" or how "feminine " I look - it always gives me a buzz. Seems most women are not put off by t-girls wanting to look as feminine as possible and blend in

Tracii G
09-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Some tgirls are so darn good at it its hard to tell sometimes.

Stephanie Stephens
09-07-2008, 07:26 AM
The other day I was visiting my step-mom (in drab) and she said "you look more like your mom every day".:) If she only knew.
Stephanie

Norma_CD
09-07-2008, 12:06 PM
So quit keeping us in suspense. Post a picture already!!

Denise01
09-07-2008, 01:25 PM
One day last winter i was out for a day of shopping, and was browsing in the Bay, and went to look at the cosmetic counter.

Was chatting with the girl on the counter, then out of the clear blue, she made the comment, I really like the way you have your make up done.

I doubt too that she had time to realize that I was TS. It sure makes one feel great to get a compliment such as that especially from a person who specializes in make up etc

Denise

Laurie909
09-08-2008, 02:34 AM
I'll take a compliment over an insult anyday! LOL

Paige.
09-08-2008, 09:19 AM
It isn't very often that I encounter CD's in public but a couple of weeks ago I stopped at my Walmart on my way home to pick up some skin cleansing soap. She was there. Her clothes were kind of dirty and shabby looking and I was a little leary because it was fairly late at night and I was by myself.

She was black, tall and skinny, wearing jeans and heels. I guessed she was taking hormone treatments because she had small but real breasts, bra-less under a thin white(?) T-shirt. I grabbed my stuff and then we looked at each other. The words just came out of my mouth without thinking. "You're a pretty looking girl. Are you shopping cosmetics?" I had just given her a million dollars. Her face split wide open in a huge grin. "Thank you so much. I'm waiting for my man. Thank you!"

As I was checking out I saw her leaving with a security guard, smiling and talking animatedly.

abundantly_me
09-08-2008, 12:14 PM
It isn't very often that I encounter CD's in public but a couple of weeks ago I stopped at my Walmart on my way home to pick up some skin cleansing soap. She was there. Her clothes were kind of dirty and shabby looking and I was a little leary because it was fairly late at night and I was by myself.

She was black, tall and skinny, wearing jeans and heels. I guessed she was taking hormone treatments because she had small but real breasts, bra-less under a thin white(?) T-shirt. I grabbed my stuff and then we looked at each other. The words just came out of my mouth without thinking. "You're a pretty looking girl. Are you shopping cosmetics?" I had just given her a million dollars. Her face split wide open in a huge grin. "Thank you so much. I'm waiting for my man. Thank you!"

As I was checking out I saw her leaving with a security guard, smiling and talking animatedly.

hmmmm, I think you just burst the bubble! :eek:

Sara Jessica
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
So quit keeping us in suspense. Post a picture already!!

I so very much wish I had taken a camera with me that day. Whether I'd actually post anything is a different story. As I've written elsewhere, I choose not to post pictures but to I agree, it would have been a nice touch on this thread!!! :battingeyelashes: