PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a nerd!

TxKimberly
09-06-2008, 08:28 AM
So I found out two days ago that I get to spend a couple of days at the Southern Comfort Conference in few weeks. Problem is, since the day I found out I was going, I can't sleep. I mean I literally can't sleep at night. My brain just goes around in circles.
"I don't have a gown for the formal dinner!"
"Can I find one before then that fits and looks good and I can afford?"
"Should I spend the money on that when there are things my family could use? Well it IS a once in a life time thing and where else are you gonna get the chance to wear a gown??!!"
"What am I gonna wear the rest of the time? Every one has seen all of my out fits! Does that matter? If it doesn't matter, which outfits should I wear so that I feel pretty, don't look like a tramp, and might fool people into thinking I have a little bit of class?"
"Maybe I should TRY and look like a tramp! After all, where else am I gonna get the chance to get away with that??!!"
"All the girls will be wearing super short dresses and skirts, should I do the opposite to be different?"
"Some people have an idealized view of me based on my posts and blogs. When I meet them am I gonna ruin that image and show them that I'm just an ignorant red neck who doesn't know her head from her backside?"
"What if I make an ass outta myself?"
"I'm fat. I've GOT to stop eating until after the conference!"
"Will jogging half an hour every day help me look better in time?"
'WHAT WILL SUZY THINK OF ME?" lol

And when I get to the bottom of this list, to include dozens of other things that cross my mind, I start over at the beginning. And then I do it over, and over, and over <long intake of breath> and over, and over, and over . . .
Every night since I found out I was going, I've woke up at 3AM and can't get back to sleep because of this.

Well, I gotta get! The treadmill is yelling at me that I am fat and need to exercise. Oh, and you know I don't have a gown for the formal?!
I wonder if I can get a gown that fits and that I can afford in time?
I have no idea what I should wear during the day! Every one has seen all of my favorites!
Maybe I should try my mini skirt. Nah, ALL the girls will be wearing mini skirts, especially those young ones with perfect faces and figures, that have been taking hormones all their lives. I think I'm gonna haul off and slap the first young and pretty Tgirl I see there!
What I should I wear on the plane? Will my outfit and makeup still look good enough when I get there or will I have to change?
What about . . . .ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Kate Simmons
09-06-2008, 08:39 AM
The highest standards are the ones we make for ourselves. Don't worry Kim, you will be fine.:hugs:

Sheena Pink
09-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Kimberly, sounds like you might be a little excited about SCC. Just a guess... Oh and the mind rambling at 3 am.- welcome to being a girl. :tongueout
Don't worry, you'll be loved- even if you are a redneck. Wear whatever you love to wear. Look on Ebay for your formal- there's a lot of great dresses there.
Most of all have a blast, and let us (who are not going) know how it went.:hugs: Oh and give Deja and Tracy Shapes hugs for me! :hugs:

deja true
09-06-2008, 08:47 AM
What a worry wart!

You sure you're the same TXKimberly that flies en femme, drives around, goes to clubs and sings, talks to strangers, and then tells thousands of us about it?

Who are you, imposter, and what have you done with the REAL Kimmie?

Trust your intuition, honey child! Daytime informal gatherings and seminars are for informal clothes! Nightime fun is for nighttime fun clothes. You know the drill!

Ya don't have to be a fashion plate every second. You just have to present however you want to, even in drab! (I dare ya!)

Go with the cruise theme if you want. Or don't if you don't want. It's not a competition. And most of the rest of us and all those hundreds of folks that don't know you yet, just wanna meet the bubbly, adventurous Kim that we already know!

Breathe!....Breathe!...Breathe!

:D

(Can't believe me, the biggest scaredy cat on the tranny planet, is giving advice to the queen of out-and-about! What a hoot!)

Sara Jessica
09-06-2008, 08:50 AM
You're so lucky to be able to attend such an event. I think I'd be right there with you, waking up in the wee hours of the night with the mind racing and all that. Being a natural insomniac, the anticipation of something like this might be too much to take.

Your presentation is terrific, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. And if you find that formal dress on ebay, be sure to get it in time to have alterations done!!!

And of course we'll all be looking for your detailed report afterwards. :)

Glenda
09-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Stop worrying Kimberly. I'm sure you'll have it all together by the time you get there. My only hope is that you don't get there, check into your room and fall asleep for two days because of all of the nights you lay awake wondering what you're going to wear. Do us Texas girls (and rednecks) proud.

TxKimberly
09-06-2008, 09:21 AM
> . . . My only hope is that you don't get there, check into your room and fall asleep for two days because of all of the nights you lay awake wondering what you're going to wear. . .

Oh great! Now I have one MORE thing to worry about! (Just teasing!)
Thanks everyone. I just got off the treadmill where I just spent half an hour. That was after 50 situps. Wonder if it will help? You know it's hard to get a dress that fits my male body well. I wonder if I can get a gown . . . .ahh shit, here I go again!

Suzy Harrison
09-06-2008, 09:26 AM
"WHAT WILL SUZY THINK OF ME?" lol

I'm laughing my head off here as only the other day I thought to myself 'what will Kim think of me when she finally sees me - as I only ever post the top 1% of my photos - the others go in the bin !'

...And I don't have a formal dress either - and to be honest I hadn't even thought about it (whoops) - do we really need one ? - nah!, Don't worry Kimmie, just come as you are, that's what I'll do. After all there will be nearly a thousand of us there in all shapes, sizes and ages ~ and all dressed in a thousand different ways. In any case we have no chance in keeping up with JoAnn07 as she always out dresses us all !

Just a warning that I'm bringing my pet croc 'Bruce' along too for the pool party - he'll wither down some of the competion for us in no time !

See you there Kim !

PS: and don't loose any more weight as you're slimmer than me already - I don't need any extra pressure !

Donnadcd
09-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I think you would look great no matter what. I couldn't do half as well. Stop worrying and have fun. I wish I could go myself. Take plenty of pics.

kimmy p
09-06-2008, 10:31 AM
So I found out two days ago that I get to spend a couple of days at the Southern Comfort Conference in few weeks. Problem is, since the day I found out I was going, I can't sleep. I mean I literally can't sleep at night. My brain just goes around in circles.
"I don't have a gown for the formal dinner!"
"Can I find one before then that fits and looks good and I can afford?"
"Should I spend the money on that when there are things my family could use? Well it IS a once in a life time thing and where else are you gonna get the chance to wear a gown??!!"
"What am I gonna wear the rest of the time? Every one has seen all of my out fits! Does that matter? If it doesn't matter, which outfits should I wear so that I feel pretty, don't look like a tramp, and might fool people into thinking I have a little bit of class?"
"Maybe I should TRY and look like a tramp! After all, where else am I gonna get the chance to get away with that??!!"
"All the girls will be wearing super short dresses and skirts, should I do the opposite to be different?"
"Some people have an idealized view of me based on my posts and blogs. When I meet them am I gonna ruin that image and show them that I'm just an ignorant red neck who doesn't know her head from her backside?"
"What if I make an ass outta myself?"
"I'm fat. I've GOT to stop eating until after the conference!"
"Will jogging half an hour every day help me look better in time?"
'WHAT WILL SUZY THINK OF ME?" lol

And when I get to the bottom of this list, to include dozens of other things that cross my mind, I start over at the beginning. And then I do it over, and over, and over <long intake of breath> and over, and over, and over . . .
Every night since I found out I was going, I've woke up at 3AM and can't get back to sleep because of this.

Well, I gotta get! The treadmill is yelling at me that I am fat and need to exercise. Oh, and you know I don't have a gown for the formal?!
I wonder if I can get a gown that fits and that I can afford in time?
I have no idea what I should wear during the day! Every one has seen all of my favorites!
Maybe I should try my mini skirt. Nah, ALL the girls will be wearing mini skirts, especially those young ones with perfect faces and figures, that have been taking hormones all their lives. I think I'm gonna haul off and slap the first young and pretty Tgirl I see there!
What I should I wear on the plane? Will my outfit and makeup still look good enough when I get there or will I have to change?
What about . . . .ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Chill girl....First of all this allows you the chance to perform one of the rights of womanhood. Power shopping for a deal on your gown.!:D Second, while most of your outfits may have been seen at some point I don't think that anyone is going to go through every picture you have posted just to say "I remember that". You post enough pictures that few people would have the time. :heehee: I would try to avoid the tramp look unless you're trolling for a piece of..... You present as a classy lady with excellent taste and I think you play to your strengths well. Next...You're not fat. I'm fat, you are well proportioned and look great. No slapping the T-girls... Bad Kim. You are supposed to enjoy this, not end up in the local pokey wearing a dress and heels. :thumbsdn: And finally, enjoy. As a dress at home only girl I am so fraking jealous of you! :battingeyelashes:

Raquel June
09-06-2008, 10:40 AM
You should go check out Goodwill. I've got a ton of clothes from there, and most of it is stuff that I eventually realized I would never wear, but they usually have tons of skirts and formal dresses that nobody wants ... because girls don't wear skirts and formal dresses all that often.

I'm just saying it's worth a look. That's one place you can get very lucky at thrift stores. By far the two nicest dresses I have are gowns I got for $1.49 at the Goodwill Outlet. So that'd be one less thing to worry about.

And JC Penny is currently having a pretty huge sale on homecoming dresses. There's some nice stuff in the $50 range I saw yesterday.

MJ
09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
you will be fine, i so envy you. i wish i could go but it's the passport and my landed immigrant card ..it's still in my guy name and pictures :sad: but i wish you and everyone well that will be going there have fun my friends

TxKimberly
09-06-2008, 10:49 AM
You should go check out Goodwill. I've got a ton of clothes from there, and most of it is stuff that I eventually. . .

LOL I travel all over the Eastern US for my job. Every week a different city, and in ALL cities I prowl the Goodwills collecting awesome clothes for very little. In the past six month, I've probably browsed 30 Goodwills (no exaggerating) and none of them had a gown that would fit and that I liked. And yes, I DO look for that sort of thing even when I didn't realize I might soon have someplace to wear one.
I did find one dress at Goodwill (actually my wife brought it to me) that MIGHT be appropriate. It's knee length, with large black and white vertical stripes. I have yet to try it on while dressed and don't yet know if it will look good or not. I think I'm going to take it on the road with me next week and try it out to see. I might even post pics here for peoples opinions if I'm on the fence after trying it.

Jenna Lynne
09-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I just got off the treadmill where I just spent half an hour. That was after 50 situps. Wonder if it will help?
Exercise will burn a few calories, but I've read (and believe) that the only way to lose weight is to EAT LESS.

One psychological trick I've found that seems to help is this: Reframe the feeling of hunger as a good thing. "Oh, I'm feeling hungry. Great! That means my body is starting to metabolize some stored fat." Do that for a few hours every day, and swear off snacks. That's my regimen.

***Jenna Lynne***

(who is feeling grumpy today because she's on a diet)

Holly
09-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Kimberly, I am one of the fortunate that have ha the joy of meeting you (and your wife). Be your normal, charming self and wear what makes you feel good... and have a great time.

TxKimberly
09-06-2008, 11:00 AM
. . . I've read (and believe) that the only way to lose weight is to EAT LESS. . . feeling grumpy today because she's on a diet . . .

I'm doing that too! Oh, and one of MY psychological tricks is to NEVER use the word "Diet". Just THINKING of the word "Diet" makes me hungry!

Roberta Lynn
09-06-2008, 11:06 AM
:)

Kim, Keep reading Dejas post till it sinks in. It hits the nail on the head.
You sound like a girl going to her first prom:D
Relax and have fun.
I was there last year. You will be fine.
:hugs:

What a worry wart!

You sure you're the same TXKimberly that flies en femme, drives around, goes to clubs and sings, talks to strangers, and then tells thousands of us about it?

Who are you, imposter, and what have you done with the REAL Kimmie?

Trust your intuition, honey child! Daytime informal gatherings and seminars are for informal clothes! Nightime fun is for nighttime fun clothes. You know the drill!

Ya don't have to be a fashion plate every second. You just have to present however you want to, even in drab! (I dare ya!)

Go with the cruise theme if you want. Or don't if you don't want. It's not a competition. And most of the rest of us and all those hundreds of folks that don't know you yet, just wanna meet the bubbly, adventurous Kim that we already know!

Breathe!....Breathe!...Breathe!

(Can't believe me, the biggest scaredy cat on the tranny planet, is giving advice to the queen of out-and-about! What a hoot!)

DemonicDaughter
09-06-2008, 11:21 AM
First, Kim, when it comes time to go, you'll just do. Its amazing how much we worry and then when the moment arrives... we find ourselves enjoying the excitement too much to think about the worrying.

In the meanwhile, try some Valerian root tea. Does wonders for those who need a gentle nudge towards sleep. :)

Secondly....

What a worry wart!

I'm happy you corrected that Deja, because my first thought was... "Look who's talking!" LOL!

JamieTG
09-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Kimberly. You've got absolutely nothing to worry about. The one thing you don't want to do is to keep up this high level of anxiety and keep losing sleep. The lack of sleep is going to catch up and you'll be exhausted before the event even gets here. The exercise everyday should help you sleep better. Also try activities that will get your mind thinking about other things. Take a deep breath and relax. Good luck and have a great time.
Jamie

TG-Taru
09-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Tried looking into renting a gown? Theatres, studios, TV channels have wardrobes they might rent out of too.

Vieja
09-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Hoo boy Kim what I wouldn't give to have your problems to deal with.

Vieja

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Kim, If I looked as good as you do I would probably go full time as a woman. I would most certainly loose my wife for that so it's good that I don't look as "hot" as you!!! Quit your worrying and just have fun. I have found some pretty good and low priced dresses on Newport website, just love the sweater dresses.

Rachel Morley
09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh, and you know I don't have a gown for the formal?! I wonder if I can get a gown that fits and that I can afford in time?

Hi Kim,

We have a big formal event coming up in Sacramento in October. (click HERE (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88845) for details) and what we are doing is encouraging everyone to rent a ballgown rather than buy one. I'm renting a $200 dress for $65. Do you know of any places locally that rent wedding gowns and prom dresses? That's the type of place we're renting from, and they're TG friendly! ... oh, and as an added bonus you often get a one-on-one personal fitting! It's always nice to be pampered! :)

Raquel June
09-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Exercise will burn a few calories, but I've read (and believe) that the only way to lose weight is to EAT LESS.

So many people still don't get that. It's not that cardio doesn't help, but it's much less useful than people think. If you want to lose weight, the only way to do that is to use more calories than you eat.

Eating less obviously is the best way to make you take in less calories. Building muscle will cause you to burn more calories when you're just sitting there, so lifting weights is a very good thing (it's not like you have to get all bulky).

Cardio does burn calories, and it's good for you, but you should do cardo so you'll feel better and live longer. It's not the best way to lose weight.

For example, I run a lot. I run about 15-20 miles a week. I still weigh 190 lbs (but I'm actually pretty thin). If I run on a treadmill that counts calories, it takes 6.7 miles to burn 1,000 calories. That also takes me almost an hour, and I've heard some respectable fitness people say it's bad to do cardio for more than about 45 minutes regularly. It's not particularly unhealthy, but it's counterproductive. I think you start to lose muscle.

Fab Karen
09-06-2008, 03:09 PM
A southern conference? Get one of those hoop skirt things ( like in Gone with the Wind ) :D

Phoebe Reece
09-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Kimberly,

You worry too much. This is the third SCC that I have attended. Believe me, you don't have to have a formal dress. There will be plenty of other girls that won't have them. Everyone just does the best they can and that will result in a wide variety of outfits. Not everyone will be wearing mini skirts. Some will be in jeans and t-shirts. And the majority of those attending are not members of this forum, so anything you wear will be the first time most will have seen it. All you need to do is wear the things that you like and just be yourself. Just relax and be prepared to have the time of your life. I hope we get to meet.

gennee
09-06-2008, 06:06 PM
LOL I travel all over the Eastern US for my job. Every week a different city, and in ALL cities I prowl the Goodwills collecting awesome clothes for very little. In the past six month, I've probably browsed 30 Goodwills (no exaggerating) and none of them had a gown that would fit and that I liked. And yes, I DO look for that sort of thing even when I didn't realize I might soon have someplace to wear one.
I did find one dress at Goodwill (actually my wife brought it to me) that MIGHT be appropriate. It's knee length, with large black and white vertical stripes. I have yet to try it on while dressed and don't yet know if it will look good or not. I think I'm going to take it on the road with me next week and try it out to see. I might even post pics here for peoples opinions if I'm on the fence after trying it.

I practically live in Goodwill. I have found some great articles there. I'm looking for some stuff for te fall and winter.

Gennee

Claire3
09-06-2008, 06:12 PM
You'll be fine whatever you do or wear and put all those youngsters to shame

Mollyanne
09-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Hiya Kim, You have got to be kidding, right???? The gal who travels all over the northeast is worrying what she will be wearing (HA HA HA) I should only have YOUR problem!!!! Not only are you you pretty, but savvy as well!!!!l. Ya know once you get there with all four of your suitcases you'll need another room for all your outfits. Seriously though, you will WOW them all!!!!! Have a great time sister.

:love: Mollyanne

TxKimberly
09-06-2008, 07:08 PM
would you believe I just spent five hours looking for a gown online and didn't find one that:
I can afford
I would die for
I would look good in

Looks like a long pretty dream gown is out of the question. :-(

sandra-leigh
09-06-2008, 07:39 PM
At this year's Winterfest (Edmonton Alberta Canada), I cheated: I wore a nondescript short wig, okay tops and skirts and bad makeup for the first couple of days, and then for the formal dinner I showed up with my makeup done and a lovely red gown and a nice long wig pinned up in the back (elegant look.) Took most people a few minutes to recognize me :)

The gown I found at a consignment shop.

If you want to stand out in a gathering of crossdressers, then in my experience what is effective is to wear what might be called "office-professional". Like a dress with integral jacket, or pant-suits. (My wife complains that I dress too often with the "boardroom look".) They aren't flashy gowns, they aren't short skirts, but they are nice clothes.

Done properly you'll get compliments about how you look just like any other woman out for supper (or the like) --- that you would "blend" just fine. (Okay, so you already know that about yourself, Kimberly, but I get read so often that it's nice to know that sometimes I'm passing.)

trannie T
09-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Kim, you are going to an event for a bunch of guys wearing dresses. Relax you are going to be with friends. I wish I could go.

susie evans
09-06-2008, 09:05 PM
KIM

you will be awsome as usual just have fun a post a lot of photos

:battingeyelashes: susie

Wendy Seymone
09-07-2008, 01:53 AM
You know staying up all night is actually really great practice for SCC... Unless of course you plan to go to the 9AM seminar or something like that.

I think we just might be about the same size. If you want, I'd been more than happy to bring a couple extra formals with me that you can check out, if you would like to borrow something for Saturday Night's Grand Dinner.

Just let me know.

Suzy Harrison
09-07-2008, 03:56 AM
would you believe I just spent five hours looking for a gown online and didn't find one that:

I would die for
I would look good in

What about that wedding dress of yours? :heehee:

Sally24
09-07-2008, 07:12 AM
:devil:I'm glad I'm not the only one awake at 3am because it's like Christmas morning:devil:

It's funny to see how many of us go thru the same things, even after years of doing this.

If I hit the lottery or came into an inheritance I'd make my reservations for SCC in a minute! It's sounds like a blast! As it is my wife, daughter and I just spent way too much at our favorite thrift store in Mass.

Keep looking for that gown. I've actually discovered the perfect dress sometimes just hours before I need it. Even if you don't find a gown you always seem to have such nice stuff! Be yourself........or go a little wild.......or a little of both. That's what conventions are for. You don't have to worry about passing because with hundreds of gurls in the same place that's nearly impossible!

Have a grand time and of course charge that camera battery every night!

krissysSecret
09-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Kimberly, that is just too funny....now get some sleep and have a blast!!

Di
09-07-2008, 07:47 AM
I think we just might be about the same size. If you want, I'd been more than happy to bring a couple extra formals with me that you can check out, if you would like to borrow something for Saturday Night's Grand Dinner.
Just let me know.

Thanks Wendy I was going to suggest borrowing one from one of the girls and you come through...thanks hon:hugs:
There you go Kim and whatever you decide you will be smashing!
I do the same things worrying bout everything before a event or any get together....I drive myself and Sher bonkers and make lists:heehee: Have fun and I know you will and give all the girls hugs from me!!!!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kristen Marie
09-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Good....I'm glad you can't sleep for those reasons. When we got you Boston announcement I did nearly the same thing....I'm way "fatter" than Kim, got to start running again and not eat for a week, what am I going to wear, what songs do I need to practice, what if I screw them up, etc.

Have a great time!! Can't wait to read a 25 page blog about it!!

DAVIDA
09-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Kim, if you were really a fat girl, I could help. I have several gowns. A couple that I wore at last years SCC. Most have only been worn once and a couple have never been worn! It's not like I get to go to an event requiring formal attire.

VeronicaMoonlit
09-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I can afford
I would die for
I would look good in

Don't give up that easily, Missy-with-the-adorable-flippy-soccer-mom-hairdo. This is fashion war here. Try this, you might want to check out the evening separates especially:

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X5.aspx?DeptID=50434&catid=64334&cmAMS_T=X4&cmAMS_C=C5B&ViewMore=True&CmCatId=50434|50444|64329

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

TGMarla
09-07-2008, 09:03 AM
*Schnurrrk!" :sad: Po' po' Kimberly! *Schniff!* She has such problems! Oh, God! She might even have such a good time she might remember it for the rest of her po' po' life! What then?!?!?! :eek:

:tongueout

TxKimberly
09-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Don't give up that easily, Missy-with-the-adorable-flippy-soccer-mom-hairdo. This is fashion war here. Try this, you might want to check out the evening separates especially:

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X5.aspx?DeptID=50434&catid=64334&cmAMS_T=X4&cmAMS_C=C5B&ViewMore=True&CmCatId=50434|50444|64329

Veronica

LOL Veronica,

Would you beleive I've already been there? I've also been to (Online):
Macy's
Dillards
Neiman Marcus (last call)
Bloomingdales (I would have never gone there but my wife did. They actually have some things your average person CAN afford!)
Dozens of other places

sandra-leigh
09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Dozens of other places

promspot.com ? overstock.com ?

You know, you could probably get a loan against all those air-miles that you've racked up ;-)

Niya W
09-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I can afford
I would die for
I would look good in

Same boat Kim. I'm looking for a nice blue glitter dress. Found one but at $500 um no

VeronicaMoonlit
09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
LOL Veronica,

Would you beleive I've already been there? I've also been to (Online):
Macy's
Dillards
Neiman Marcus (last call)
Bloomingdales (I would have never gone there but my wife did. They actually have some things your average person CAN afford!)
Dozens of other places

Barrie Pace? Talbots? Marshalls? Loehmanns?

Veronica

paulaN
09-07-2008, 01:26 PM
I have no idea where you will find that gown. I do know that you are going to be just fine. I have read so many of your post that's how I know. I admire you and the things that you have done. I would love to go to SCC with you but I can't. So I think that I will let you represent me at SCC. How's that for confidance in ya. Good luck with gown hunting.

TxKimberly
09-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Last night / This morning? I woke up at TWO AM with my heart pounding! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

MJ
09-07-2008, 01:36 PM
if i get lucky and can go . i do have my best jeans and low cut t-shirt :straightface:
you know if i get the ok tomorrow i won't be sleeping either

Mariah
09-07-2008, 02:23 PM
ok I just have to as what the heck is "Southern Comfort Conference" ?

Mariah

Niya W
09-07-2008, 02:30 PM
ok I just have to as what the heck is "Southern Comfort Conference" ?

Mariah

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74837

Wendy Seymone
09-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks Wendy I was going to suggest borrowing one from one of the girls and you come through...thanks hon:hugs:

Thanks Di... Simply trying to help out and maybe pay it forward.

I offered. :idontknow: I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.
I already know what I plan on wearing that Saturday night. :battingeyelashes:

Mariah
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
thank you niya, but that did not help me. :(

Mariah

TxKimberly
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks Di... Simply trying to help out and maybe pay it forward.

I offered. :idontknow: I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.
I already know what I plan on wearing that Saturday night. :battingeyelashes:

Wendy,

Thank you very much for your offer. i wasn't ignoring you, it's just my brain is locked up over the whole matter. :-)
Today I tried on that tea length black and white dress I mentioned and even my wife agreed that it was not flattering. :( Dresses never have fit me well so I suspect in the long run that I will just wear one of my typical outfits.
I DO appreciate the offer though! :-)

TxKimberly
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Mariah

Mariah,

The Southern Comfort Conference is a HUGE get together of Transgendered folks that is held in Atlanta Georgia every year or so. I believe it is the largest organized event for trans gender in the world.

Niya W
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Mariah

Did you click on the link in that thread ??

http://www.sccatl.org/main.htm

Tina B.
09-07-2008, 05:59 PM

There you go again, show it off before you go and you will be hating that everyone has already seen it!
If you are half the looker in person that you are in your photos, all the girls will die of total envy!
And isn't all that worry just the most femmine of feelings, so enjoy the panic, and then go have a ball, for all of us that can't go!
Tina B.

P.S.
And remember Dasiy Duke was a redneck, so you have one less thing to worry about!

Raquel June
09-07-2008, 06:37 PM

Mariah

And your response did not help us. :(

What's the problem? The thread she gave you is a huge thread about the conference. Reading that thread will tell you exactly what SCC is. The first post in that thread has a link to the website for the conference which will also tell you exactly what it is.

Also, your initial question was asking what the heck "Southern Comfort Conference" is. If you Google "Southern Comfort Conference" (http://www.google.com/search?q="Southern+Comfort+Conference"), the first result is the website for the conference, and the second result is a YouTube video that tells you about the conference in case you don't want to read.

Mariah
09-07-2008, 06:50 PM
*sigh* everyone needs to nitpick the mentilly disabled girl.

Kimberly, Thank you Vary much that is what I wanted to know.

As for the rest, yes I went to there site, and for some as big as Kimberly said it vary badly build site.
thank you niya and racquel for pointing out that I have brain to read. Please next time just say what it is. I think my iq is high enough to understand.

Mariah

Wendy Seymone
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Dresses never have fit me well so I suspect in the long run that I will just wear one of my typical outfits.
I DO appreciate the offer though! :-)

So not a problem Kim... I can definitely sympathize with you about finding something that fits.
I guess that is probably why I have that extra gown, or two, or three, just hanging up in the closet unworn.

Like Martha Reeves and so many of the girls here have already said...
"It doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there"
I am sure you will look absolutely radiant in whatever ensemble you finally decide on.

imogen
09-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Be you

carolinewalker_2000
09-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Kimberley,

Am old English remedy for not sleeping is to envisage a line of sheep jumping over a fence and to count them; sends you to sleep in no time.

In your case I might suggest an alternative; mentally put all the dresses you have considered and rejected on a rail and start counting them. You have obviously looked at so many, I guess you will be asleep long before you reach the end of the rail!!!!!

TxKimberly
09-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Kimberley,

Am old English remedy for not sleeping is to envisage a line of sheep jumping over a fence and to count them; sends you to sleep in no time.

In your case I might suggest an alternative; mentally put all the dresses you have considered and rejected on a rail and start counting them. You have obviously looked at so many, I guess you will be asleep long before you reach the end of the rail!!!!!

Hah, she scoffs! That's one of the things keeping me up all night!!!!
"What about this one?"
"What about that one?"
"But if I wear that top with this skirt, then I wont have it with that one! Which skirt do I want to wear the most?"

Last night was the first night in almost a week where I slept through till morning. Yawn . . .

MJ
09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Kimberley,

!

i lose count and have to start over :heehee:

TxKimberly
09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
<Cue the fanfare and trumpets in true Walt Disney style and an announcer with a deep baritone voice>

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boy's and T'girls of all ages! Kimberly has found a gown!"

<Cue Mini mouse, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, and assorted other princesses twirling by in grand style!>

"Brought to you by Calvin Klein courtesy of Von Maur (on serious sale), Kimberly has purchased a floaty long black dress that is sure to bring visions of Hollywood Starlets dancing down the red carpet to your mind!"

Hah! ok, it's 10 minutes to 1AM, and I have to be up at 5AM to jog and get to work so this post will be short! I bored y'all with my tales of fear concerning my lack of a formal gown for SCC so I thought I'd let you know that I found a long, modern, and glamorous black dress on sale at Von Maur today. I tried it on in the store (A personal first for me!) and snatched it! There was a cute moment i will share later when I have time. I bought it and now only hope I can do it justice! I also bought a really cute pair of Mary Jane pumps that are awesome and y'all will love!

I'll share the whole story when I get time ti write it up! G'night y'all!

VeronicaMoonlit
09-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Yay! Von Maur rocks!

Veronica

deja true
09-11-2008, 05:33 AM
<Cue the fanfare and trumpets in true Walt Disney style and an announcer with a deep baritone voice>

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boy's and T'girls of all ages! Kimberly has found a gown!"

<Cue Mini mouse, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, and assorted other princesses twirling by in grand style!>...

LOL!

Whatta Drama Queen!

And that's why we luv ya, Kimmie!

But you better not show it to us, or then you'll stress out again that some have already seen it... Ha!

Now get some sleep! I can see those worry lines forming as we speak!

Suzy Harrison
09-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Oh Buggar, that means I'll have to get something as well now !

Dalece
09-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Oh KIm your such a girl worried about what to wear:doh:

Sheena Pink
09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Awesome Kim!:cheer: Glad you'll be properly attired for the formal. You will do us proud! Now make sure you get some sleep, you'll need it from staying up the whole time you're at SCC.:hugs:

Sally24
09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
71671Congratulations Kim! I knew something would turn up in time for the party.71671

TxKimberly
09-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Well, I spent yesterday shopping Austin looking to see if I could find the ultimate, to die for, hear the Angels singing when I wear it, gown for the event with no luck. I like the gown I have, but I don't think it is the end all get all. well, I didn't find anything that I thought would suite me any better so it looks like my black Calvin Klein gown is gonna be it.
I walked into "David's Bridal" during my search. A young lady met me at the door with the usual "HI! How can I help you?"
"Well, I'm looking for a formal. Do y'all have them or just wedding dresses?" She laughed, clearly thinking I was someone's husband or father teasing her. I just kept smiling and in about 5 seconds it struck her I wasn't kidding.
"Sure we do! We have lots of Brides maid dresses," She said, still with a great big smile on her face.
"Awesome! Do you mind if I look around?", I asked. I swear I'm not kidding, she giggled again!
"Sure, go right ahead!", she replied.
Well, did take a look around but didn't find anything that I would kill for. . . except actual wedding dresses.
Also took a look through "Needless Markups" . . err . . . I mean Nieman Marcus Last Call. I did find some dresses I would have loved to have and I'm going back for them shortly after I Win the damn lottery. Even the gowns I liked but couldn't afford did not strike me as being gowns I would have have felt any more confident in.
Still considering having a nervous break down trying to decide what outfits to take with me.

VeronicaMoonlit
09-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Still considering having a nervous break down trying to decide what outfits to take with me.

You should take all of them.

Veronica

Angie G
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Kimberly stop it before I give you a good slap to snap you out of it You'll be fine hun :hugs:
Angie

MJ
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Crap so now i have to go find one . i don't wear dresses and don't have a clue !!! :sad: so anyway what is formal gown ?

TxKimberly
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Crap so now i have to go find one . i don't wear dresses and don't have a clue !!! :sad: so anyway what is formal gown ?

Think expensive. Yeah, that's a pretty good definition for "formal gown" - expensive! :-(

divamissz
09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
We are our own worst critics, and when we go to someplace where we think every little thing we do is going to be scrutinized, it just gets worse...

This will be my eighth SCC, and I still worry. Until I just decide that I'll be who I am, do what I will, and that's it. I say that and I still don't know what the hell I am bringing. Panic mode, anyone?

Bootsiegalore
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Well,

How exciting to go to SC! You'll have a good time.

I went to Divas Las Vegas, It was fun.

I have been watching what I eat lately to lose weight (as I have put on about 10 pounds). I have not had a burger or a french fry or a piece of pizza in about 3 weeks. My work requires a lot of hiking so I am active. I notice my jeans are looser and I wore a pair of slacks for a work related hearing today I havent worn in a year and they were loose!

I have been watching the scale weekly and i have been coming down.

If you just watch what you eat you'll lose weight!

Tara

KelliBennett
09-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Kimme don't sweat it so much. I am attending SCC for the first time this year, so far I haven't found a formal that I like or fits. (I intend to hit the mall on thursday to try one last time). But I do have a sassy cocktail dress that I plan on taking as a fall back.

It is one thing to want to look good. It is another to loose sleep over it.

JenniferR771
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM
You will do fine, Kim. Its Ok to want a really great dress. Its not really a competition, you know. The most important thing you can wear is a warm smile.

I enjoyed your song "Drinkin 'Bout You" , and your "You Can Count on Me" brought a tiny tear to my eye. I pictured you singing it to you little daughter.

And thanks for keeping the Ruskies out of our hair in the 90's.

Vivian Best
09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Kimberly you are on a treadmill of the brain. You always seem to be well grounded and make good decisions so I'm sure you will make the right one here. You have the right to be excited, I would be also were I to have the chance you have. I'm sure you will look beautiful as you always do and wow them with what ever you decide. Don't forget to tell us about it when you get back.

Missy Anne's GG
09-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Wow, Kim!

I just caught up with this thread, and you have me sitting on pins and needles, wondering how it all will play out!

Love hearing about your adventures!

Hugs, :hugs::hugs:

Anne

Niya W
09-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Just remember, its the nerds that make the world go around