PDA

View Full Version : The Great Debate: Thongs vs. Bikinis vs. Briefs

Jenny
07-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just found out what social group I belong to. I am a "millennial." Those are people born after January 1, 1981 and coming of age in the new millennium. Apparently we are supposed to be much more interested in voting and politics and social issues than our immediate predecessors. Being the offspring of two lefty committed baby boomer parents, politics was always a big part of my upbringing and still is. It is so good, however, to have my own group name to call my own. I even like it even if I don't know for sure how to spell it.

So it is based on this heightened awareness of the pressing issues of the day (<giggle>), that I want to bring up the great debate among the dressing community: do you prefer thongs or bikinis or briefs?

I know each of us probably looks to panties as one of our expressions of feminity. I myself have dozens of pairs of panties of all kinds so I am prepared to let you all know my position on this critical issue:

THONGS: For a long time I held off on getting thongs. Even my girl friends refer to them as "butt floss." But I noticed (hampers can provide a wealth of information) that most of them wore them at least some of the time. So I finally broke down and got some and I have to say I am surprised at how comfy they are. I prefer stretch cotton so they hold all the equipment up front and I like the feeling of a bare bottom under my pants. Thongs do require that I keep my bottom "tidy."

BIKINIS: I think my favorite style of undies are string bikinis. I like their light feel and the way they tend to uplift and cup my bottom. I also like regular bikini styles. For some reason (they were what my sisters most often wore?) I do feel extra feminine when I am wearing bikini panties.

BRIEFS: I have fewer full-fledged briefs than I do the other styles. The ones I do have I do tend to like. Most of my black lingerie is brief style. I also have some that have small ruffles on the butt which I think look cute in a little girl way. Maybe that's the distinction for me. When I am wearing briefs I feel less sexy and more little girlish for some reason.

So that's where I stand (sit?) on this critical issue. What's your opinion?

Jenny the Millennial (in a silly holiday mood) (next time we will take up the question of Bush vs. Kerry :D )

Miss Sherry
07-05-2004, 01:10 PM
hi, Jenny

After long and thoughtful deliberations, supported by government research (there must be a gov. grant on this issue someplace), and a quick look at my panty pile, I've come to the considered conclusion that while panties come in many sizes and styles, there may be a preference for bikini style (hip-huggeer, as defined in US Census report 678-993D), with thong style and high-rise (not to be confused with USC 678-994G) approximating a second preference. The absence of string style bikini (USC 678-999S) seems to indicate an adversion to the latter. :confused:

Isn't politics fun :p

Sherry :)

Rachel_740
07-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Hi Girls,

I'm a bikini/hipster girl. I don't like thongs because they tend to pull up my butt and they become uncomfortable after a short period of time. I don't like briefs because I feel they are 'old ladies' underwear. I feel the same about girdles and other support 'equipment' (no disrespect to any of you girls who do like).

I'm very happy wearing bikini's, but I just love to wear my hipsters - I love the 'falling down' feeling they give me :)

Cher
07-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Hi Ladies...bikinis...yes, definitely bikinis...hugs - Cher

Bernadina
07-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I think the main issue here is no so much which type you prefer but how many drawer fulls you really need. I've got 2 going on 3 and still buying. And I like each type depending upon the cut and type of material. Most of mine are lost forever at the bottom of one of the drawers.

Hugs.

AnnaMaria
07-06-2004, 03:01 AM
Never really thought about it but I guess I prefer briefs because they tend to have more room to hold the male parts. And because I have a belly that I am forever trying to hide. I suppose that is why I also wear panty girdles. But I do have some in every style including thong and boy leg. Which is the sexiest? It all depends on the person. I wear briefs more because I wear jeans to work all the time but I do tend to be drawn to lace ones and the ones that are printed.
I also have some that have matching tops, and I just love to wear them, it makes me fell good just knowing that I have them on. My sets are in different styles. I have one that is boy leg, one that has a string bikini and a pair of matching shorts and top, and two that are bikini.
It just all depends on the mood I am in when I go to get dressed for work as to what I wear. I sometimes take as much as five min to decide what kind of panties I am going to wear that day.

Anna

CindyT
07-06-2004, 10:49 AM
I have to admit I'm a THONG person all the way! I like the type that stretch around my "boys" and hold everything in place. Also when I wear them with my male garb they don't reveal any fem style panty lines. I guess I just like the idea that they are so feminine,,,,,
After checking my inventory I would say that I must have 30 thongs and about 15 bikinis and about 5 pair of the "Boy Leg" (ironic isn't it?) briefs. I like to wear very short shorts in warm weather so the thongs stay hidden easily.

Madilyn
07-06-2004, 10:56 AM
I'd have to reply with a thong/bikini kind of answer. I have a couple pair of black "briefs", but they're so lacy and sexy that I had to get them. I prefer the feeling of a thong holding me together in front and nothing behind...

eleventhdr
07-06-2004, 04:40 PM
I vote for pantie briefs!.

PaulaJeanette
07-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Thongs, bikinis, or briefs...I love and wear them all! I've only recently begun to enjoy the sexiness of wearing a thong. Up until a few months ago, I was strictly into panties...the more lace and sheer the better! Then one day I tried a thong and found the feel of the piece running between my cheeks to be stimulating...another erotic reminder that under my outer clothes I was dressed in women's lingerie.

Where previously I would by-pass thongs when shopping for new lingerie, today, thongs draw my attention. Like my panties and bras, thongs that are lacy and sheer are dear to my heart AND next to my skin.

Jenny...another great thread!

Paula J.

softandsmooth
07-06-2004, 07:13 PM
I am inclined towards bikini's or thongs. Thongs, as long as they are snug in front, keep things looking good.

I will have to say that the feeling of a pair of bikini on my hips underneath my drab work clothes puts a little spring in my step.

I don't know if it is odd or not, but I have noticed that I walk with a much more feminine gait when the bottoms I have on are ultra feminine. Perhaps my subconscious reaching out into daily life?

Charlotte

Dallas
07-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh dear,.... Briefs, nylon ones,....with lots of lace

Jenny
09-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi Everyone:

As I am sitting here in a pair of Hanes (his way) string bikinis, I realized that I was too narrow in my listing. :D Actually I bought these as a "panty-substitute" while I was visiting my mother last June. They are men's string bikinis with no fly in the front. They have a wide waistband. Except for the color (kind of a macho steel blue and gray stripe) and the fact they don't have a double-crotch like girl's panties do, you probably could not tell them from panties.

Still, I don't like to wear them. Isn't that strange? :confused: They are boy's underpants and I like to wear girl's panties. It is as simple as that.

Jenny the crossdresser

joannablake
09-01-2004, 03:22 PM
I like them all exept for boy shorts dont know why but could never really get into them.

Love Always
Joanna

crispy
09-01-2004, 08:05 PM
definitely briefs (for old ladies? ... thankyou Rachel!). Either low cut or boy cut, always stretch lycra, nylon or microfibre.

Sometimes pantie girdle especially when the lower back is playing up.

Those long line support briefs that look like the top of a pair of tights are nice too, especially where the front seams run up either side in the groin and leave a smooth seamfree front panel.

crispy
09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
oh, and I forgot....

I have several pairs of boxer type stretch lycra briefs that are the only undies I have that look unisex and would not be instantly destroyed by my wife. They are also very snuggly.

Miss Sherry
09-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Ok, so I was being a bit facetious in my first post ... I guess I was just in a silly mood. But since this thread has become rather serious, so will I.

I always wear panties.

Daily wear are all hip-huggers, usually sized slightly small to keep everything under control and avoid the dreaded "saggy butt" syndrome. Going out depends on what I'm wearing, but I tend toward thongs as I seldom wear stockings (amazing what bottled tan will do for your legs) unless it's a more formal affair. I will wear the huggers if I'm wearing a really short skirt (OK, OK ... I like to flash a little panty at times). I just love the feel of cool air circulating around my behind! I don't have any slacks as yet, but when I do then it will, of course, be thongs.

I have a few string bikinis, but I seldom wear them as I've found that in order to avoid saggy butt I have to buy them rather small, and there just isn't enough room up front :cool: Also, they tend to slide down my butt, which can be awkward, at best :eek:

I have a gaff which ends up being essentially a very tight thong :)

You asked

Sherry :)

suzi_cd
09-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Thongs and bikinis for this girl too - just love the feel of them and the way they look :)

suzi

xx

makalya
09-02-2004, 05:44 AM
I think one of my fetishes is panties. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure of it. Whenever I go to the mall I always park by the entrance into JC Penny where the lingere is. I just can't help going through the lingere department and eyeballing the panties. Whenevr I see something I like, I must go over and feel them and look to see if they have my size. Quite often I will purchase three or more pair. My "dressing drawer" is loaded with various styles, colors, and materials of panties along with my other dantie lingere. From firm tummy control briefs to quite delecate lacey thongs.

My favorite? Depends on my mood of the day. It seems right now that I'm into the "cheeky" and "boy short" styles the most. I just love the femenine look they give to my backside.

Makalya

PS. Living in Florida and fortunate enough to live on the water, I have recently been taking my waverunner out into Tampa Bay and finding a seculded area where I can remove my mens shorts only to find underneath a black satin thong. I have been working on getting tan all over and this thong does a great job of protecting my front privates from sunburn while allowing the rest of my upper thighs,lower abdomen, and backside cheeks to soak up the rays. Oh yea, they feel really good too.

Jennifer_Ph
09-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I wear pantyhose... I don't own any panties that don't have legs attached!

t12117174
09-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I prefer thongs most. I do like bikinis, but only those that are rio, or 3/4 -1/2 back. These are available in France and Italy, but I cannot find them in the US, nor here in Thailand.

I like the way they cut across the bottom, reminds me that I'm wearing something sexy as it rubs on whatever I'm wearing on top.

XO! -t.

Vallari
09-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Bikinis and thongs all the way! I love it when I bend over and see the strings sticking out and going across my skin! :D Also like the way thongs feel when u bend over :rolleyes: ! I know alot of you dont like them because of that, but hey, if it feels good, do it, right? :p

Val Tan
09-03-2004, 11:17 PM
i like bikini and thongs