PDA

View Full Version : how have you changed????

Wendy me
05-24-2005, 06:38 PM
i have been a member here from september of 04. in that time i think i have changed in so manny ways as i preson and as a crossdresser... takeing a l;ittle time to look at this ...how has your time here at crossdressers.com changed you as a person and as a crossdresser.......?????

for me as a person to start this has been a true blessing for me.. i have learned and grown as a person to the point that i am supprized how mutch more of a careing and thoughtful person i have become.....if you will this has rounded off some of the rough edges...makeing me/ him better people.....
i have learned to deal a lot better with my "him"/ her sides although still need work on that ...but getting mutch better at it....now i can hopefuly see the trigers that caused the crash and burn part and avoid that ...

now the crossdressing part... what i knew before comeing here was trial and error...make up.... hair .... nails how to's questions answers ... just helped out a lot.....ways to deal with issues in regards to family ...freinds.....getting busted...being outed....how to deal with the wife and not blow up ...a lot of the right answers were there before the questions ever came up wow that saved a lot of trouble.......

before this i had a brouther cousens ...dad... mom ...wife.. sons now i have over 5000 sisters wow .... i have truly enjoyed my time here and look forward to what the futcure brings..................

Katrina
05-24-2005, 07:00 PM
I know that I have changed a lot since I started coming here. Before I joined, I never would have considered posting a headshot of myself anywhere on the innernet, never mind one with me as Katrina. My sisters here have given me a gift...the gift of self confidence in myself and self acceptance. For that, I thank you all! :)

Sharon
05-24-2005, 07:07 PM
God -- how haven't I changed?
I've been fumbling around this TV/TG thing for just about all my life, having talked to a few professionals about it along the way, and have only completely come to terms about myself in the six-plus months I have been here. I haven't learned anything new here, but having spoken at length about it with others like me, and having read their stories of woe and triumph, I have stopped denying the obvious and begun the long voyage forward. Not that it doesn't still feel as if I'm still missing the rudder and sail some days (okay -- I promise -- no more stupid metaphors), but I know I have a place to turn when I'm finding myself washing ashore (sorry -- I lied :) ).

Dang -- what was the question again? :confused: :p

AbbyLee
05-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi girls,

I only wish I had discovered the forum much sooner. I have learned to accept myself more, the differences between simple crossdressers and others, as well as good advise and so many tips on how to become more "girly" when I do dress. Thank godness, no, the heavens for the forum.

AbbyLee

Stormgirl
05-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Sadly I feel like I haven't changed at all really. =\

Priscilla1018
05-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I have lost the last of my predjudice.I am more accepting of others who are different from me.I have learned to look at people as people.I still have enough problems to take care of my psychiatrist well into retirement.My people skills have grown and I truely like helping others.
I tried to quit,foolish me,there is no way you can quit;You could say I'm a crossdressing addict.

melissacd
05-24-2005, 08:37 PM
initially, I found myself very angry. Angry at myself for denying who I really am and angry at my spouse for forcing me to suppress this part of me.

I am past the anger. I am moving on to self discovery and enlightenment. Everyday I gain more acceptance and a greater desire to know this person hidden inside of me.

This forum has helped me work through much of this and I am sure that there will be much more to learn still.

Holly
05-24-2005, 08:40 PM
I know that I have become more understanding of my wife's feelings... and she has responded by becoming more understanding of mine. (I love her so much)! I'm much less agressive and much more submissive than I used to be. I view tht as a plus. Others may disagree. At least I don't feel like I'm on the verge of a heart attack every day of my life. And I'm learning new skills (that's skilz, for the benefit of Tamara:D ). Walking in 3-4" heels, makeup, hair styling... things a girl needs to know! And I've learned through the diversity of the members of this forum to be tolerant of many diverse viewpoints and opinions. I don't necessarily agree with every post or every thread. But I understand and support the notion that we are all here for a multitude of different reasons. EVERYONE here has helped me grow in one way or another. Thanks to all!

DonnaT
05-24-2005, 10:17 PM
I too have come to understand more of what my wife has been feeling. She couldn't express it, I reckon. Or maybe she did and I wasn't listening, she says I never listen ;)

Other than that, I haven't changed at all. Same old lovable me :p

Olivia
05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I want to add that this forum has changed me and changed my life. Reading all the wonderful posts here really made me examine my life vis-a-vis Olivia. I read about bold sisters who were stepping outside the narrow confines that many of us occupy. I began to question more about what I beleived and accepted about my life as a crossdresser. The sisterhood that I've found here gave me the confidence to come out to my children and a select few friends, meet another crossdresser to dress together and talk, and, yes, even a brief, tentative venture out dressed. I have come to terms with my male public self, even while embracing the evolution of Olivia, my most private, personal "self". Thank you everybody, love, Olivia.

Mira
05-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Before I joined and after, I told myself it was all a fetish around hose and heels. In the past couple of months I've come to accept and love me for wanting to dress, head to toe. I've begun growing again and discovering the true world of crossdressing. Thanks to this forums! And as always :p

Elysia
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Good question. In the short time I’ve been coming here I have changed. I feel less isolated and less deviant. I came to think that there was nothing morally wrong with cross-dressing many years ago. Once I’d come out to my wife, about three years ago, I started to feel that there was nothing personally wrong with me cross-dressing. But until I started coming to this site, I continued to think of myself as deviant, innoxiously deviant but still deviant. Now I’m begining to feel that cross-dressing is a positive trait and, dare I say it, that I have a right to express myself this way.

But I see a danger in this. The reason I’m changing is because I no long feel isolated, in fact I now feel surrounded by people who also cross-dress, it's a wonderful change from the past but it is also something of an illusion. People on this site come mostly from the U.S., the U.K., Canada and Australia. These four countries have a combined population of over 400,000,000. We have just over 7000 member on the site. Even if you assume that for every member there are 100 other cross-dressers who are not members that would still make us less than one tenth of one percent of the population; a very tiny minority by any standards.

In just the time I’ve been here I’ve witnessed people change because of their participation here and a lot of that change is fantastically positive but there are times when I think some caution is warranted. Things sometimes seem to move very quickly. The site has only existed for a little over a year so it’s hard to know how its influence will play out over the long haul. Has anyone else wonder about this?

Still, I don’t want to sound too negative. I love the site and feel it has (meaning you wonderful people have) created positive change for me.

Joyce S
05-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Lets see.... I've been hanging around various CD/TG sites for years and never joined and never participated. Now, in less than two weeks, I've not only joined this site but have actually contributed to a few threads. You can't really change in two weeks but I sense I'm on a good road here. I really feel very much at home. I do need a signature quote, however....I'll work on that> Joyce S

Fiona K
05-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Good Question Wendy,
I guess I was changing before I found the site but this forum, the friends I've made here and a couple of other forums have really helped me to better understand me and, as has been noted by others, to be better equipped to come out then to listen to my wife and her feelings. I proabbly would still be in the closet without these places and these freinds. I thank you all

Fiona
xx

Kimberly
05-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Since coming here, it's enabled me to get my head round things: or at least focus my frustration on what's wrong with the world and not with me.

I originally came on because I had just come out to my gf, and wanted an outlet to also express how well that was going.

After splitting up, I've decided to develope my dressing... and have been expanding my wardrobe and preparing myself to come out to a few of my friends.

You've all been great, girls. Thanks :) xxxxx

Jonien
05-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Since finding this site I have been finding my self the self that had been behind closed doors for so long as all my thoghts were wrong I.m now alive and can be my self Icould never have told my wife if it was't for all you loverly girls. yes i,v changed from a sad person to a very happy girl and in just a few months

I love you all

Jonien :kissing:

i

i

Nikki A.
05-28-2005, 05:18 PM
I feel more liberated and yet at the same time more constrained in regards to my CDing. I know that what I am doing is not immoral, deviant or evil and I feel more comfortable shopping for what I like. I've gone to stores and admitted that I was shopping for me and nave had either positive or hesitive but positive assistance.
On the other hand while I do feel more open about my feelings my wife has serious problems with my dressing and there is society at large which would not react well especially in my business life. This is where the constraints enter.
You all have been a big help in me seeing the whole picture and I hope that some of my comments may have helped others also.

Melissa A.
05-28-2005, 08:34 PM
The real change in me happened before I found this site-the acceptance of who I am, realising that I was doing nothing wrong, knowing finally that this is a part of me, and a GOOD part. All of that coincided with the breakup of my 2nd marriage and me doing alot of self-analyzing, which lead to me making alot of changes, including a new career.

Finding crossdressers.com and the people who belong has embolded me. It's made me realise that nothing, nothing I do regarding Melissa makes the person who is me less worthy of anything. Before coming here, I knew I was not alone, but being able to actually meet people who have experienced many of the same highs and lows that come with being being a cd has had such a positive effect on me! Last year, I accepted and became happy with who I am. This year, I know NO ONE will ever, ever make me uncomfortable about me. And I really don't care who knows. I know that is easy to say, but I mean it. It's just not that big a deal anymore. I never thought I would feel this way. But I really don't care. I've realised that if the wrong people find out, hey, my life is gonna go on! And I'm gonna be ok. Whatever happens, I'll deal with it, and continue being who I am.

So I guesss the change in me has been more confidence, peace, and a level of happiness that I honestly never knew was possible. So many things used to worry me that just seem so insignifigant now, even things not related to cd. Life is just easier. And most importantly, I have met all of you. Read about your struggles, your triumphs, your concerns and your breakthroughs. What makes you happy, scared, upset and nervous. How you've dealt with it and how YOUR lives have changed, and what all this has meant to you. And every story, every feeling has meant more to me than I can probably describe. Grateful is the only word I can come up with. And I can't discount the fun I've had here, as well.

Yeah, I've changed. I feel free. Thank you, every one of you.

Hugs,

Melissa :)