PDA

View Full Version : Do you love yourself?

helenr
09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I wonder how many readers find that their crossdressing 'idol' is themselves? I find that crossdressing for me has both the visual and tactile appeal. I don't see my face in this picture as I have never had the know how or taken the time to make up, but I like the dressed image, love the feel hosiery and nylon being caressed,etc. I don't intend to go off color in this post, but I have been fascinated that , for me, much of this relates to the fact that I have no one else who appreciates or favors my private crossdressing. I am sure I am far from alone! Years ago girls wore nylon stockings and it would really please me to caress my girlfriend's plain knit stockings-I don't know anyone who wears them and at age 61 am not likely to ever find a GG to fulfill this liking, so I am it! I am not sure this is classic 'narcissism' as some call it-I don't love the inner me-that is too confused to begin to understand-but just the outside one. How do others view this subject? thanks, Helenr

Karren H
09-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey... I love myself.... almost as much as I love my wife and kids....

ronny
09-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I appreciate the obvious transparency of your remarks. Like you, I enjoy nylons...wearing thigh highs at this moment. Concerning loving oneself : All of us have the same dominant issues...we have hurt and have been hurt. Imperfection follows us 24/7. Yet, you..all of us...are a unique and one of a kind genetic mix. Thus...love "who you are...one of a kind." It helps much if we can forgive others and forgive ourselves too. You have like minded friends on this site...I am one of them!

roni

emmicd
09-06-2008, 10:07 PM
I feel when I crossdress I enjoy experiencing my feminine side and love my dresses and girly clothes on.

I like to experience this side even if it is briefly.

You sound like a special person and a woman would certainly enjoy your company.

Best wishes!

emmi

SandyR
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I think it's about being at peace with "the girl" inside. I love being girly.....

Hugs!

Sandy

Claire3
09-07-2008, 12:51 AM
i am Claire and Claire is me:)

Tracii G
09-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I do love myself I'm a good person.I am me 100% of the time.

DawnRodgers
09-07-2008, 01:33 AM
I love the trappings and the appearance of being feminine. Just consider myself a woman and leave it to others to determine if I "look good". I do the best I can amd have no reluctance to be seen in public. Love when a guy takes a good look at me and considers me attractive.

susanmichelle
09-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Yes I love myself very much. I was always thinking of something someone told me once. You can't ever learn to love anyone else untill you learn to love yourself and I agree with that statement completely. :)

azpanties
09-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I love myself ... at least a couple of times a week.

(Thank you. I'll be here all night. Don't forget to tip your waitress.)

Jennifer Devine
09-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I actually kind of fancy myself when i'm dressed up! lol

Angie G
09-07-2008, 06:54 AM
I don't know if it's loving myself. I do love to wear hose and heels And nice skirts And dresses. Love the way they feel on me love to touch them. To feel as a girl. I do really like who I as whan I'm dressed.:hugs:
Angie

Jocelyn Renee
09-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Yep. I love myself no matter how I'm dressed.

tamarav
09-07-2008, 07:32 AM
You really have to be a miserable person to others if you don't love yourself. Acceptance is one of the first steps in any program, as it is for us.

Your sis,

Tami

Kate Simmons
09-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Do I idolize myself? Hell no, I'm not that good. I don't consider myself any kind of "standard" by any means. I am in touch with my feelings, however and enjoy being who I am. That's about as good as it gets, I figure.:)

docrobbysherry
09-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I think I know what u mean. I am about your age, too.
I guess I love myself, "like" at least. But, I am not Sherry. She is a visual and tactile illusion I create!

And I don't love her. "Lust" her, maybe. But not "love".:D

Sherry-Stephanie
09-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Been a long journey with a lots of ups and downs and a few stumbles along the way....but I'm at a point that I am comfortable with me, who I am and if that's loving one's self then the answer is yes....I don't have to concentrate on accepting me so I'm free to work with other people and enjoy what they have to offer....

Steph....

Karen__Starr
09-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Overall I am pleased with myself although it would be nice to lose a few pounds :battingeyelashes:

CD Susan
09-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I love myself in the sense that I love the way that I am. I am at peace with myself and that determines how much I like or dislike myself. I would love to be young and attractive like so many other girls here but I am not. But I still love my life and I am happy because of this.

Deborah Jane
09-07-2008, 12:52 PM
If i was real, i,d take me out on a date and hope to get "invited in for coffee" after!!

MJ
09-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I think it's about being at peace with "the girl" inside. I love being girly.....

Hugs!

Sandy

sandy is right it's being at peace with oneself :hugs:

Nicole Erin
09-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't know if I love me. I do care about myself.
I think pretty much anyone who is into their own looks on any level would have to love himself.

I do like the way I look when dressed. I at least feel pretty.

I don't really "idolize" other CDs cause I know it is just some average looking joe underneath, as seen on the "male side" thread, where I am sure many of us have said "THAT is what is hiding under the clothes and makeup?"

If i was real, i,d take me out on a date and hope to get "invited in for coffee" after!!

Would you meet yourself in a safe place and let someone know where you were going? What if you took advantage of yourself?

Deborah Jane
09-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Would you meet yourself in a safe place and let someone know where you were going? What if you took advantage of yourself?

Of course....You never know what someone is going to be like until you,ve met them!!
I,d make sure i took precautions, so i didn,t end up with a little surprise 9 months later :D

Sophia de la luz
09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
One of the things I like most about evoking and allowing my feminine side is that my level of self-care goes up. I eat less. I stay active doing things. I have more interest in optimal health. It's easier to care openly. I'm gentler with myself.

Daintre
09-07-2008, 04:43 PM
With me it is an ongoing battle. I occasionally embrace myself, thank those around me for making my life as good as it is. The dark side is there almost as much, during this time I do not accept myself and become very disillusioned with life. I guess the word roller coaster describes the way I feel about me.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I will never be at peace with myself.

Zarabeth

Stormgirl
09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
No I don't love myself...but I don't hate myself either.

Samantha43
09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Yes, I love myself, but not in a vain way. I try to be the best person I can be. Best father, best husband, best friend. Then I can get up every morning, look in the mirror and love who I see. Do I love my crossdressed self? Yes, in pretty much the same way.....although I do look a little better in that mirror....

helenr
09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks! what great and insightful comments. I can only speak for myself and don't recommend another doing what I am doing, but after so many years of basic 'frustration' and the whole business of dressing up for self-entertainment, whether brief or drawn out all day, I decided to 'chemically' de-masculinize myself to seek greater calmness and happiness. I take an anti androgen which helps mild hypertension, helps keep head hair, lowers the risk of prostate problems (I hope) and most dramatically takes the fizz out of my coke. I still crossdress as my mainspring remains wound backwards, but it doesn't have any 'frisson' (thrill) as the French say. This has lead to some increased sadness as self awareness heightens, but I feel less stressed and this offsets the former.
You are all very sweet and I think we are great people! hugs, helenr

iwearstockings
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I love myself to bits! tra la la.....:D Damn I feel good!!

Alice B
09-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Sure I love myself. But I try not to brag about it. Just happy with who I am and where I am going.

Fionax
09-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Well I don't know about loving myself, but I can't help being being excited by Fiona and love to be her. I have hundreds of pictures of her; I am worse than any teenager with a crush on a film star and can't help videoing her when she lets me.

Fi http://www.youtube.com/Fionaxcd

NicoleScott
09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I often think about my crossdressing this way: I became the woman I always wanted to have, but never could have. At least the image of that woman, since I am strongly aroused by what I see, versus the other senses.
It took a while to get there, but many years ago I remember looking into the mirror and saw that I had finally achieved the look I wanted. It was quite a happy, exciting, fulfilling feeling of accomplishment. The look certainly isn't for everyone, as it's a little (or a lot) over the top in some ways, but it was MY look, and I only sought to please myself. I am delighed when others like it too.

deja true
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Well, ya know, "what's-his-name" never much liked himself though he was liked and respected by others. And that was probably partially due to the fact that he was hiding somethng bad and wrong.

But not long ago, deja was able to accept herself for who she was and that was a smart, caring, sensitive soul. When deja decided that she loved and respected herself, almost like magic, "What's-his-name" came to the very same realization!

So yes, finally, I love myself! And you guys are very much responsible for that. (Especially you, hunny bunch! You know who you are!)Thanks!

:)