PDA

View Full Version : I am the Lucky One, Pattie Anne

TrueGemini
05-24-2005, 07:07 PM
From my Pattie Anne, on our Anniversary:

But it's only now that I do realize, It's only now that I can see.
That standing here before me, is her looking back at me
It's no longer what he's wearing. It really never was
It is only now I see her, in everything thing he does
All those things that I so treasure, that had stole my heart one day
The kindness and compassion, the gentle, loving way...
All these things I love about him, that soul that's bound with mine
Turns out belongs to her. She has been here all this time
It's her that has been in disguise. Not the other way around
When opening up both heart and mind, the truth is finally found
It is not he that wears her clothes, it is her that wears his skin
For the one the world sees on the outside, is not the one who lives within

I am the lucky one in this relationship, truly. I could not ask for a better husband, a better partner, a better Father for all our crazy children or a better friend.

Finally, my reply:

What can I say? My Pattie is so loving, so sweet, so caring, and so accepting of everything that I am. I could never have hoped to have such a perfect partner, mate, and lover in every sense of the word, and I thank God every day that He has given me such a wonderful person to spend my life with.

Sorry I cannot write poetry with the ease and beauty that Pattie does, but words could not convey how full of love my heart is, or express the gratitude that I feel for her. Thanks to her, I can say that I am happy and content. What a strange concept!

The only thing she is wrong about is that she says that she is the lucky one. Not true- I am the lucky one! In this one way, in my crazy life, I feel as though everything is right, and I am looking forward to the rest of my life with her.

So here’s a poll for those who like these things-

Who says I am the lucky one? And no straddling the fence by saying both of us!

I’ll love you always, Pattie Anne. Happy Anniversary!

Priscilla1018
05-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Both of you are Gems in my book.God Bless.

Tristen Cox
05-24-2005, 10:09 PM
I'd say you're very lucky to have her in your life Gem. Some of us take what we have for granted. I don't see that with you two, and that's nice:) May there be many more anniversaries to come.

DonnaT
05-24-2005, 10:21 PM

Well then I just won't vote if I can't straddle the fence :D

Holly
05-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, if I can't say, "both of you", then I'll say you are and she is too!:D Very rarely do two people such as yourselves find one another. The two of you are truely blessed. Here's to many, many more anniversaries with each other. Enjoy!

TrueGemini'sWife GG
05-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Finally, my reply:

What can I say? My Pattie is so loving, so sweet, so caring, and so accepting of everything that I am. I could never have hoped to have such a perfect partner, mate, and lover in every sense of the word, and I thank God every day that He has given me such a wonderful person to spend my life with.

Sorry I cannot write poetry with the ease and beauty that Pattie does, but words could not convey how full of love my heart is, or express the gratitude that I feel for her. Thanks to her, I can say that I am happy and content. What a strange concept!

The only thing she is wrong about is that she says that she is the lucky one. Not true- I am the lucky one! In this one way, in my crazy life, I feel as though everything is right, and I am looking forward to the rest of my life with her.

So here’s a poll for those who like these things-

I’ll love you always, Pattie Anne. Happy Anniversary!

You are too sweet, my love.
But you are still wrong! I'm the one...
:p
LOL!

I love you...

Holly
05-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Geeze you guys... don't get in a fight over it!;) ;)