PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Wench ?

Cissy Suzie
05-24-2005, 09:57 PM
I cook ... it is what I do for enjoyment, relaxation, and also so I can eat. :rolleyes:

I am not a Le Cordon Bleu chef, but I did put in a lot of time in several upscale restaurant kitchens when I was younger and I even managed a couple of kitchens long ago when I was doing the starving artist thing.

I am currently in a relationship (13 years) with a woman, she knows about Suzie and hates her and ignores it. Oh well ... She lives next door and works late and I usually cook dinner, we eat well and I enjoy cooking.

Tonight I was finishing up the dinner stuff, I have no dishwasher so I do everything by hand. Suddenly I flashed back to my childhood. I vividly remember a Shirley Temple movie, "The Little Princess" where Shirley's character was a little rich girl who was in a boarding school and her dad went off to war and word came that he had been killed and she was left a poor beggar.

She was put to work in the home as a servant, her only friend was a little waif named Becky, who loved her dearly. I can remember watching that movie on the TV when I was a kid and wishing with all I had that I could be Becky.

LOL tonight I finished cleaning my expensive French copper cookware and all the other pots and stuff, and dried everything, then got on my hands and knees and cleaned my kitchen floor and I realized I was Becky! All I need is a Victorian kitchen wench dress and one of those little white hats! Woo Hoo!!

So ... am I the only cook here?

Wendy me
05-24-2005, 10:03 PM
way too cool dreams do come true,...............no your not the only cook herei do all the cooking at my house.....family grathings ....holladays wether it's dinner for two or to feed a crowd i love to cook....

Marianne
05-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Nope, I cook too. Mostly oriental or indian tho.

Oh, and rum cake...

Ingredients

1 tsp sugar

1 or 2 qts rum

1 C dried fruit

brown sugar

1 tsp soda

1 c butter

2 lg. eggs

baking powder

lemon juice

nuts

Before starting, sample rum to check quality. Good isn't it?

Now proceed. Select large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check rum again. It must be just right. To be sure rum is of proper quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

With electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make sure rum is still alright. Try another cup. Open second quart if necessary.

Add leggs, 2 cups fried druit and beat uil high. If druit gets stuck in beaters, pry loose with drewscriber. Sample rum again, checking for tonscistricity.

Next sift 2 cups pepper or salt (really doesn't matter). Sample rum. Sift 1/2 pint lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown sugar - or whatever color you can find.

Wix mel. Grease oven. Turn cake pan to 350o oven. Pour mess into boven and ake. Check rum again and - bo to ged.

DonnaT
05-24-2005, 10:41 PM
I also cook. I reckon my granddad also being a cook enabled me to be open to it. Love to experiment.

Ever put a dash or two of ground cloves in your browning hamburger meat when making spaghetti? Try it some time.

Or rosemary-garlic seasoning on your green beans?

Ashlyn
05-25-2005, 12:33 AM
I cook for a living. Been doing it off and on for 20 years.Have worked in every imaginable place from very fine dining to greasy spoons.Do not do much cooking away from work,as I am my own worse critic.My specialities lately are cheesecakes and omelets.
Ok now I made myself hungry.Ice cream time.Moose tracks(Vanilla with peanut butter cups and chocalte chunks in them) Yum!!

Tristen Cox
05-25-2005, 12:53 AM
I cook, it's just the dishwashing part I can do without though. Donna stop it you're making me hungry!

*writes down recipe for rum cake*

Imogen_Mann
05-25-2005, 02:58 AM
I cook, but I tend towards a ballistic approach in the kitchen rather than culinary. When I have cooked, there's not so much a meal at the end of it, more like the aftermath ! And cleaning the pots and dishes ! Dont get me started !

Hint.... Do not microwave un-pitted olives. :D

Jayme.

Tristen Cox
05-25-2005, 03:47 AM
Do not microwave un-pitted olives. :D

Uhm no I am not going to ask :rotflmao:

cindybarnes
05-25-2005, 05:07 AM
I also love to cook! Its one way to be sure to get what I want and how I like it :) Also enjoy my garden, vegtables and flowers.Havnt cooked any of the flowers yet tho +?
And yuck,, Olives !!!!!! :)http://cindy8082002.com/gardenpics/Picture5764c.jpg

Like2BAspen
05-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Does the person your in a relationship with ever offer to do the dishes?

cindybarnes
05-25-2005, 05:18 AM
We both do dishes at least load the dishwasher:)
I seem to be the dedicated oven cleaner tho !
Wonder if I got ripped off at the 2 day culinary school tho? My dinner project was not a hit LOLhttp://cindy8082002.com/images/Picture7038b.jpg

sarah
05-25-2005, 05:28 AM
We both cook but my wife does the dinner parties which usually take a week to prepare for .because i have always been self sufficient she has no problem knowing i am capable of feeding the family although i hate cooking cabbage and cauliflower.....

norbie
05-25-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi,
I love to cook very much and specially Indian Curry - mhhhh so jummy!
I also like house work, cleaning and so on.
I am a little bit of a health fanatic and believe that cooking and food is the secret to help the body to heal itself, for example I only eat Basmatic Rice because of the low G.I.content.
I grow a lot of food in my organic Vegie garden.
But I only eat two meals a day, so not to much cooking here and I consider to load the Dishwasher or do the washing not as a job - the machine does all.
On the end of the day - I LOVE TO BE A KITCHEN SLAVE!
Love to all from Norbie :D

Priscilla1018
05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Both my wife and I are very good cooks.At our wedding one of her friends said that we made two other people unhappy by marrying each other.I do the majority of the cooking and did even when I worked because I always got home earlier.I cook everything from simple grilled fish and seafood to venison steak Diane or venison stroganof with Shitaki mushrooms.I also bake and make Native American Fry Bread,it's traditional with venison stew or with Walleye

Stacie Stockman
05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I can set stuff on fire, just by walking into the kitchen. Never fails to happen when Im cooking stuff other than prepackaged meals. I keep a large fire extinguisher on the wall now.

Maria Louise
05-25-2005, 02:04 PM
World's No. 1 ingredient for any dish. BALSAMIC VINEGAR! I swear by it and it's saved many potential disasters from being served up.

Cissy Suzie
05-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Wix mel. Grease oven. Turn cake pan to 350o oven. Pour mess into boven and ake. Check rum again and - bo to ged.

OK I tried the recipe ... and woke up with a massive hangover ... and no cake ... I forgot to turn on the oven ... and I have two empty rum bottles ... my cats are both running amok ... I have no idea what they have been drinking :D

Tristen Cox
05-25-2005, 11:04 PM
oh gezuz :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

azure
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
oh ok I dont do that hmmmmmmmm......goddamit snap out of it azure...oops I love to cook tex mex nosh, italian, and I luuuurrrvvvveee greek food after living in cyprus on many occasions. My kitchen is also my place to write, paint, burn josticks, listen to soothing late night jazz, and talk to my four cats.

paulaN
05-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I love to cook it's the clean-up I hate. unless someone was standing over me with a whip.