PDA

View Full Version : Freedom?????

Linda C
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I was hoping for so much... My snoopy neighbors just moved out to DC!! I was so excited - till I met there renters. She is a beautiful Hispanic woman with two kids - sounds OK right? No - she - works from home and is home every day - BOOO! Soon the leaves will fall and my CD days will be over till summer ... :straightface: She is going to force me to go out at night. This Cd thing is hard to do sometimes!!!! Anyone have a similar situation??

TommiTN
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I can empathize. I live in a smallish and very conservative town. My house is in a 1950's subdivision and shares the driveway with a neighbor. I do venture out but only at night and even then it's not exactly safe. She or her kids could come out the back door at any time. It happened about a month ago and I barely got into the bushes before they would have seen me.

Deborah Jane
09-08-2008, 03:51 PM
This Cd thing is hard to do sometimes!!!! Anyone have a similar situation??

Yep...Where i,m living at the moment most of the neighbours are elderly and all they seem to do is "twitch" their curtains, so they can see the comings and goings of everybody else!!

Wendy me
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
shades or blinds???????.........so if you just met her why not tell her about your dressing????.......... whats the big deal????..... your going out dressed and people see you right???.... so she will too.........

Linda C
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
shades or blinds???????.........so if you just met her why not tell her about your dressing????.......... whats the big deal????..... your going out dressed and people see you right???.... so she will too.........

Only at night... It's to close to home - I wish that I could - but I am not out to my wife - yet!! There in lies the problem,,

MJ
09-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm with Wendy on this just tell right off the bat ... problem solved

tricia_uktv
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Anybody here read Dylan Thomas. "What will the neighbours say". Who cares; its different if you've got a wife or children though. If not just do it hon.

CLARRISA
09-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I live in a ground floor flat on a residential street..i have to go round the back of the house to get in..i worry about the neighbours poking their heads out the windows just as i'm walking down..i seriously think why do i put myself through this? but like they say Face the Fear and Do it Anyway...

carhill2mn
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes, I also have problems with neighbors being home. I live on a cul de sac with 10 townhouse units. Four of the units (not including mine) have people in them that either do not work or work at home. One of the neighbors that shares my unit works nights and the other is home all day. The neighbor who faces my front door had been home for several months caring for her dying husband but, she has now gone back to work 3 days a week.
My ex-wife was terrified that someone would see me going or coming. I no longer care as much as I once did but, I probably won't go around and tell everyone. I have considered telling the one neighbor but, I'll have to see what situations arise. She and another woman neighbor may have seen me one day rush out of my front door to move some flowers when it started to hail but, neither has ever mentioned it. There was a wooden fence between us and I had on a hooded jacket.
Life is never dull for a CD!

linnea
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
It's difficult to keep a secret, even in the best of situations. Snoopy neighbors will see you; even not-so-snoopy neighbors will see you. So if you're going to go out dressed from your home, you will be seen.
I think that there are only a couple of options. First, you tell the people who will see you or at least, you don't try to hide your crossdressing from them. If you can't do that (for whatever reason[s]), you just don't go out dressed from you house. You have to dress elsewhere.
However, if you're going to dress elsewhere, which is what I often do, you can still do some preliminaries at home. I usually put on all of my underwear and some of my make-up (at least the foundation) at home. Then I go out. I can usually hide the evidence of wearing my femme underwear beneath my outer clothing and if I'm wearing just foundation make-up, the view probably won't realize what is going on until later and then that person will be uncertain.
Good luck.

Karren H
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
I'd try to get into her confidence and tell her about your hobby and maybe she'll be ok with it... And you can come and go freely... If my wife would let me dress at home I'd be outside neighbors or not!! Lol. A couple time that the wife was away I came and went enfemme and no one was the wiser.. Or seemed to care...

trannie T
09-08-2008, 07:03 PM
I almost always leave town to dress but have gone out to my car in broad daylight. As I progress I tend to get bolder, what are the neighbors going to do? Call the Transvestite police?

Alice B
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Seems to me that you are making a lot of assumptions about her acceptance of seeing you dressed. Two choices. 1. Let her see you dressed and see what her reaction is. It is no skin off your back. Get to know and talk to her. Feel her out. It may be that she is OK with seeing you dressed on occasion. It is no skin off her back.:heehee:

Nicole Erin
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah not being out to the wife does create problems. You should think about telling her.
As far as neighbors, who cares what they think, so long as you don't have kids at home who would catch hell.

OH and also with this new neighbor, there might be a language barrier. That is not uncommon. To find out, just try to make small talk. If she doesn't speak Eng, she can't really tell your wife now can she?

I almost always leave town to dress but have gone out to my car in broad daylight. As I progress I tend to get bolder, what are the neighbors going to do? Call the Transvestite police?

Even worse, they might stare in amazement. If they do, just lift up your skirt and show 'em what you got. :heehee:

Valerie
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I very much understand you. I have no desire to risk my neighbors' condemnation, since they are very conservative, but (nevertheless) good friends. It's just the way the neighborhood crumbles...

Good luck,

Valerie :hugs:

Kate Simmons
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
S'okay, gives the gossipy old biddies something to talk about. "Land sakes, that man dresses up like a woman!" Their word against yours unless they take pictures.:)

marny
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I live in a small neighbourhood with a one lane road. I walk the dogs three or four times a day. Sometimes I cover up but not always. I know I have been seen dressed. I don't care. I want to be out! My wife is very good but she needs to accept more so that she doesn't find it embarrasing for her!:battingeyelashes: someday soon!!!!!

Edwina
09-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Since my wife found out that I dressed I have not worried about being seen. We live in a very quiet cul de sac and immediate neighbours are usually at work. As for the others who drive past I think that I look convincing enough from a distance for them not to notice and, besides they have other things on their minds.
I am now able to go out the front door without worrying too much as to who sees me. Mind you I don't venture out when the high school gets out. :)

:love:

Edwina

carolinoakland
09-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm at the place about dressing and going out where I'm tired of not living my life. If I can't come and go as I please dressed as I please then I'm not living my life right. Everytime I've confronted my issue's I find out that the thing I was most afraid of was in my head the whole time. I then wonder why I was wondering what anyone else thinks about what makes me happy and me? Wasted time and energy. Carol

SarahLynn
09-09-2008, 12:41 AM
...and maybe she'll be ok with it...

Sorry Karren, she is a Hispanic lady and to all Hispanics CD's are GAY. No matter if there are as many Hispanic CD'ers as White Caus. Linda C would be GAY to her, and that would result in her looking for a different location to live or she would be telling everyone she knows about her "different" neighbour.

Linda C you have my sympathy in this one.

SarahLynn

CD Susan
09-09-2008, 01:04 AM
I do not understand how you girls can live this way! If I was in this situation I would be moving to a place that suited my needs better. Life is too short to worry about being seen and the fear of what others think of you. I gave up this way of thinking many years ago and could not be happier. I must be more fortunate than many others, my situation is that I am single and live alone on my private acreage in the country. I can come and go at any time with no problems. I wish that all of my sisters out there had this same level of freedom.

Mollyanne
09-09-2008, 04:35 AM
I do not understand how you girls can live this way! If I was in this situation I would be moving to a place that suited my needs better. Life is too short to worry about being seen and the fear of what others think of you. I gave up this way of thinking many years ago and could not be happier. I must be more fortunate than many others, my situation is that I am single and live alone on my private acreage in the country. I can come and go at any time with no problems. I wish that all of my sisters out there had this same level of freedom.

OK. do you want to rent a room or two????

:love: Mollyanne

cd_britney_426
09-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Nosey neighbors can be quite annoying. However, I have gotten to the point where I look at it this way: I pay the rent so I have a right to live there and I also have the right not to be bothered. If neighbors don't like me that is their problem and I really don't care to associate with them anyway if that is the case. If they cause problems, then the problem will be with them because I don't have to put up with it. I have noticed how when I go out dressed even late at night there just has to be someone outside making anonymity difficult. As long as they don't actually cause me trouble, then I really have nothing to worry about. If they do cause trouble, then they are violating their lease by disturbing me and I will put a stop to that through the appropriate channels. Luckily this has not been the case. As to staring out the window or outside, I can ignore it up to a point but I also have the free speech to give them the finger if they are consistently doing it in a rude manner. Again, this is not generally the case.

Your case sounds a bit more challenging as you are not out to your wife. My recommendation would be to come out of the closet as soon as possible. This opens the door to so many opportunities and you may soon realize that afterwards, nosey neighbors are the least of your worries. Good luck. :) Britney

kelliboots
09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Touchy situation. I would come out to the wife and maybe she will take you to Lowes to install some window coverage.

Dalece
09-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I did but just put up my chin and walked out dressed. And if they don't like it well that is to bad I'm who I am and they have to eccept it or ignore me.