PDA

View Full Version : For those that are out.....

heathr1
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
As far as the GGs who knew you before you were out, have most shown a negative attitude, or have most supported you?

Jenna Lynne
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I've had very good experiences. (Going back to 25 years ago, when I was out. Today I'm not.) One woman, whom I trusted and who had a good sense of humor, I sprung it on her. I arranged to meet her in a restaurant for lunch and showed up as Jenna. We remained friends for years after that.

I think, you know, there may be two positive factors at work here. First, they wear women's clothing all the time! It's no big deal for them. Second, if you're showing your more gentle, refined, feminine side to them, they may feel more able to trust that you're not going to go all macho and hit on them. So for them it's like having a guy friend who is also a girlfriend.

No guarantees. If your female friend is neurotic or religious (or both), she might not be comfortable at all.

***Jenna Lynne***

Anna the Dub
09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
My best friend GG was accepting almost immediately. She needed a couple of days to get her head around it, but she has given me unstinting support ever since (13 years now). In fact the other day she brought around 2 black bags full of clothes she thought I might like (I did like!!). As for the women at work, some of them were quite shocked at first, but as I have continued on with the hormones, and changes are becoming ever more apparent, I have noticed a sea change amongst them. They now all treat me as one of the girls and talk about things they wouldn't discuss in front of men. It's really nice, actually. It helps I suppose that my previously, deeply hidden female personality is now the only personality in town as I discarded the make believe male personality I used to use to cover who I really was.

Alice B
09-09-2008, 03:24 PM
There are 3 GG's that know I dress. One is my wife and I have talked about that on this forum. The second does our massages and is a friend of both my wife and myself. I send her images once in a while and she sees my painted toes and panties every time I get a massage. The third is a close friend who is now married. She is the one that directed me to this forum, was a great supporter but now has to keep it a secret from her husband, who is also a close friend.

jennylogan
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
There are 3 GG's that know of my cding. One is my wife who is generally very accepting of this. One is a counselor who my wife went to for some much needed advice and she is basically non committal about it other than helping my SO sort things out. The third is my wife's best friend and is okay with it. Guess I'm very fortunate that none of them have felt the need to "out" me to others because they couldn't keep their mouths shut.

tricia_uktv
09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I can honestly say I have had absolutely no negative comments from the GG's I have told. I have to admit I am a bit selective though. That will likely change in the future so, I suppose, watch this space.

Suzy Harrison
09-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I've told 6 GGs for far and all of them, without exception, were very supportive

Nicole Erin
09-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Over time, a lot of GG's have learned of it. I don't really have tight friendships with GGs, they have been either lovers or casual acquaintances like neighbors or friends of the wife.

Family GGs - nothing changed.
Work GGs - nothing changed.
GGs who hated me before - no change. :heehee:

The only time I have had problems is with this one friend/neighbor of ours. She was 100% accepting when she learned of it until one day my then 4 year old son went up to her and said "My dad says you are a mooch" [Well it was the truth] Then she got mad and had a problem with me being CD. Until she needed more favors. :brolleyes:

mishelle379
09-09-2008, 07:02 PM
50/50 ex wife and gf no, platonic friends, very much so lol

Amanda_in_MA
09-09-2008, 09:15 PM
The are 3 GG's that I have told. The first, Laura was not at all suportive but tollerant.The second was only marginally better. The third GG I told I married. She has helped me grow and explore this side of me and loves it, as long as I dont leave the house.

I am very happy that I have such a loving wife. I just wish that she would let me go out dressed

MJ
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
when i came out there were about 10 woman who knew nothing bad to say. they had there can't believe i wanted to change my gender phase but for the most part they accepted me

sandra-leigh
09-10-2008, 12:32 AM
My wife and one ex-co-worker that I had stayed friends with are the only two who really "know me" and who know; my ex-co-worker took it better than my wife did :battingeyelashes:

But a lot of women in the city know that I dress; I shop in a variety of places and don't hide it, and I go to some clubs and have encountered a number of the same women in both modes.

Some of the sales agents treat me just like any other customer they don't know. Some of them treat me as a respected regular. A number of them are actively helpful. Some of them encourage me. Some of them ask about me. I have startled a couple of sales agents, but about the worst reaction I've had is one younger woman got a sort of pained look on her face when I asked to try on some women's clothes (but she served me anyhow.)

The clubs... seems guy-me is easily recognizable no matter how I dress (never figured out why!). A fair number of the women that I've met more than once at the clubs have been actively friendly; some express disappointment if I'm not dressed when I happen to see them. Even the women who aren't actively friendly are mostly fairly respectful. I've noticed very very few "avoiding" me; and at least one of those has mellowed and now seeks my company.

But this doesn't give any indication of how, for example, women at work would treat me if they knew.

CD Susan
09-10-2008, 01:23 AM
There is only one GG other than my exwife that knows about me. She is a former co-worker who happens to be openly lesbian. She read me one day at work because of a mistake I made. I won't get into that story here but suffice it to say she was accepting of it and we became good friends. I would love to show up at her house all dressed up as I know we both would have a good time with this if I did it. She is the only GG that has ever accepted me. Maybe I don't get out enough but that is o.k. as I am happy with my life.