PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou

Vicki65
09-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Tonight is my first visit. I have been crossdressing on and off for as long as I remember. I can vaguely remember putting on a pair of my mums hippy boots (1970 ish) when I was probably about 5 years old, and feeling 'different' in a way this five year old had never felt before. For a long time, I supressed what became urges as I felt bad about what I was doing.

When I left home, I began ordering things via mail order catalogues, mainly high heels, boots, skirts etc, but once I'd worn them once, feeling desperately guilty and evil once more and returning them. I managed to keep things quiet for a long time, until a divorce (nothing to do with my CD - my wife didn't know) and moving on again when I felt I had the freedom once more to indulge myself - but once again with the guilt and feelings of disgust that followed.

I re-married around 5 years ago, and as my previous marriage had fallen apart due to lies and deceit (on my part in the main) I decided to be totally open, and totally honest with my current wife before we married as the hurt my previous divorce had caused others was truly awful.

I told my future-wife the reasons my last marriage ended (an affair, my doing) and I told her that I was a crossdresser. Understandably, it came as a bit of a shock to her, and she wasn't entirely keen on the idea (!) but she accepted 'me' for who I am.

Anyway, in deference to my lovely wife, I managed to once again supress my urges for nearly five years until recently when I'd begun to feel deeply depressed (I have suffered the odd episode) and quite snappy with everyone. I lost a lot of sleep, spent time alone close to tears and once or twice felt suicidal but for the love of my wife.

We have had several long chats about my feelings, and she said she would rather I was happy and open with her, and has suggested I buy some things, though would prefer not to see me dressed (we both joke about the likelihood of me looking like the 'Bounty' paper towl women - I am a heavily built, hairy 'rugby player' shape so she has a point!)

She suggested that I search out a forum run by people who share my feelings, so earlier this evening I did, and here I am. I have spent the evening either in tears having read that others have gone through exactly the same pain and self-loathing as I, and how wonderfully strong and supportive members here can be.

I feel I am just now, after forty odd years, able to explore my own feelings with the support of an incredibly understanding, loving wife. I know I am just starting out really, but it is as though a weight that I've been carrying all of my life has been lifted off me, and the sunshine is coming out from behind the clouds and I'm seeing it for the first time.

I would like to publicly thank my wonderful wife, and thank you lot for allowing me to no longer be 'alone'

charlie
09-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Hello Vicki!
Welcome to this forum. Like you, many of us here have the same story. I surly do! I dressed at an early age, quit, started again some 17 years later, quit and now started again for the last year. It is a hard thing to stop. I'm now 58! It is also a hard thing to control. It is a shame that people learning about our dressing can make it so harmful to our lives! That society views us as demented, decadent, sexual deviates or worse. What you get here is solis. We all have been there at some time or another.

MJ
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
hi Vicki,
whats with the guilt and feelings of disgust that following your dressing. you are doing nothing wrong it's just cloths granted womans cloths but it's OK.
if it makes you happy for a time then do it be proud of who you are. after all this is a part of you that will never go away embrace it

who said this is wrong ? and why .. just relax baby steps my friend

Vicki65
09-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Something that really touched me tonight. My wife asked me why I felt so bad. I felt (rightly or wrongly - my head is still messed up right now) that I'd left her down somehow, to which she replied that I am more of a partner and a man to her than she ever dreamed of, and that she couldn't want for more.

I am a very very lucky man to have her.

Kayla Shadows
09-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Lucky you are Vicki.Its wonderful to have someone supportive.Im glad that you found us.Youll feel quite at home Im sure :)

PamelaTX
09-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Vicki your story brought tears to my eyes too. Thanks for sharing, and welcome!

justmetoo
09-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Welcome! Sorry to hear about the pain and guilt and all. But it sounds like things are much better now, with a wonderful supportive wife. Best wishes to both of you!

Valerie
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Welcome Vicki, to you and your wonderful wife. Many of us have gone (and at times may still go) through periods in which we have felt that cross dressing was odd, but at most times we have come to see it as a special blessing, a uniqueness that has a price but also an immense reward. You are here in very good company!

Valerie

Tina B.
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Vicki, welcome, no guilt here, here dressing in womens clothes is normal, not doing it is strange! Most of us have been in a place like you, but then when you think about it, if it makes you feel better, and makes you a more content person, how can that be bad? Most of us feel we where born this way, and if that is right, then it is natural. So just do what seems natural to you, and you can't help but to find true happiness!
Tina B.