PDA

View Full Version : Be yourself, have fun, be happy

Kate Simmons
09-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Sometimes I think we may forget why we do all of this to begin with. Isn't it really to feel good about ourselves? While there is nothing wrong with giving or receiving advice to look good, I think we lose the point sometimes when we get too involved in the mechanics of it all.

There is always someone who is going to do things faster, more efficiently or who explains if we have the latest makeup or gadget, we can look oh so much more feminine. Fair enough but gad, some of this stuff makes my head spin and I wouldn't be able to remember it if I tried. Face it, we either look feminine or we don't and no amount of innovation is going to change that.

So what, I say. It doesn't really matter if we look like Divine, Twiggy or Raquel Welch, how we feel about it makes the difference. Sure we can look like a fashion plate if we put forth the effort but the real payoff is how we feel about it whether anyone else gives a hoot or not.

So, be yourself, have fun and be happy my friends. Works for me.;):)

tricia_uktv
09-10-2008, 05:08 PM
It opened me out when I accepted that I could not ever totally pass but nothing (except my attitude) has changed since that day. I still love sexy clothes and tarty make-up. But you are right, I'm who I am now and wouldn't have it any other way. Its being ourselves that counts whatever the sacrifices.

Deborah Jane
09-10-2008, 05:14 PM
It,s the most fun you can have with your clothes on :D

I wouldn,t do it if i didn,t enjoy it :battingeyelashes:

trannie T
09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I do not think that we have a choice in deciding on whether or not we wish to crossdress. But we do have a choice in how we face the issue. if we do our best to enjoy our activities and accept ourselves as we are life can be a wonderful happy thing.

Jaclyn NM
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I couldn't agree more. I feel devine when I'm dressed in my female clothes. It gives me such pleasure, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't hurt a soul. Therefore, I was born a crossdresser, and will remain one forever.

RobinScott
09-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't want to look like a clown, I don't want to be mocking Women, I just want to acknoledge and express my female side.

I will never be a fashion model, but if I can pass as a typical 'day to day' woman, when I choose to express that part of myself I am happy.

Yes, this is about self expression and the joy that being able to be our true selfs brings.

Love, Robin

jennylogan
09-10-2008, 06:40 PM
When I finally accepted that this prediliction for women's clothing wasn't going to go away I decided to compile a female wardrobe that fit and was comfortable to wear. After all if I was going to do this I wanted it to be something I looked forward to and not dreading.

It took some doing but after some trial and error it wasn't to difficult to find clothing and shoes that fit. My goal has always been to be comfortable while en femme and just enjoy the hell out of the times I can indulge. Most of the time it includes the full package but I have had many memorable times dressed only from the neck down. Like most I'm never going to pass as a goddess so I just do the best I can with what I got and not fret if everything isn't perfect. Practice and repititon does help. That's one lesson I learned from my SO that has stuck with me for the 23 years we've been married.

SusanMarie
09-10-2008, 06:49 PM
:iagree: with Arianna

docrobbysherry
09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm just taking a break from editing my latest pics. And I'm really NOT happy with so many of my looks!:Angry3:

But, your post reminds me of why I CD. To have fun, NOT be frustrated! I sure had fun TAKING the pics, and some aren't that bad. :D
Thanks again for the proper perspective!:love: