PDA

View Full Version : Feminization of voice

Kristopher
09-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Quick question ladies. I do a lot of activism and outreach for the local GLBT group on my campus. I recently got an email from an MtF wanting to know where to find a voice therapist to feminize her voice. Mind you I live in Iowa. What would you ladies suggest I tell this lovely young woman. Being a F to M I don't know much about it.

Thanks so much,

Kristopher

Jenna Lynne
09-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Have you googled? There are various resources online, including both free tips and some folks who will sell you a CD-based course. I haven't bought any of the courses, so I can't offer guidance.

If she wants to work face-to-face, she'll need to go through the Yellow Pages.

Bottom line: The human voice is a musical instrument. If you want to sound good, you'll have to practice! Please urge her not to get discouraged if it takes a while to become a virtuoso.

***Jenna Lynne***

Nicole Erin
09-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Melanie Anne Phllips has a voice training guide. Good info but the video is pretty crappily put together and she tends to ramble useless junk for 80% of the video. Sometimes you hear her dog barking or an airplane flying over. [WTF?]

On TSRoadmap.com, written by Andrea James, she has a voice training video. It is very well put together and has exercises and stuff to train the voice.
I recommend it.

Both videos have essentially the same info but Andrea's goes more in depth.

I have seen both. Did it help my voice? Well when I get off my lazy butt and actually PRACTICE....

One could also have a look at Kandi's videos -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qbaj4tIX1kw&feature=related

Some of her videos have some raunchy humor that some thin skinned people might find offensive. She is funny tho, and a little spacy at times. You will hear her femme voice which is very nice and her man voice which is quite man. She is a MTF TS.

CharleneT
09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi, if you are in Iowa City, the U of I speech therapy folks can help you. A TS friend of mine used their services and I could get you the info if you want. PM me if that would help.

Charlene

bgirl
09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Utube has several freebies.

Tiffany Leigh
09-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Melanie Anne Phllips has a voice training guide. Good info but the video is pretty crappily put together and she tends to ramble useless junk for 80% of the video. Sometimes you hear her dog barking or an airplane flying over. [WTF?]

On TSRoadmap.com, written by Andrea James, she has a voice training video. It is very well put together and has exercises and stuff to train the voice.
I recommend it.

Both videos have essentially the same info but Andrea's goes more in depth.

I have seen both. Did it help my voice? Well when I get off my lazy butt and actually PRACTICE....

One could also have a look at Kandi's videos -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qbaj4tIX1kw&feature=related

Some of her videos have some raunchy humor that some thin skinned people might find offensive. She is funny tho, and a little spacy at times. You will hear her femme voice which is very nice and her man voice which is quite man. She is a MTF TS.

I like these myself, besides she is entertaining to say the least!