PDA

View Full Version : Body Piercings - Of All Types

Clare
05-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Since my wife left almost three weeks ago (we're in email contact now thank God and have a little positive dialogue going), i have considered getting my ears and belly button pierced.

My wife and i had discussed me doing it in a general sense previously - she's not against me doing it, but she dosn't know my underlying reasons are really cd based.

Ear piercings are not so radical these days i suppose, but i had always worked in the corporate environment until five years ago and ANY piercings on a male staff member were a no no! I was brought up in the days where men just didn't get their ears pierced - it was only for gays (not that i'm against gays as such).

Since it looks like i will be leaving Nth QLD (in Oz) and moving South after my wife, nobody is going to know me down there (except family), so this would be an opportune time eh?

In today's world, you can't be discriminated against for how you look, so in theory, having my ears pierced shouldn't be a problem when trying to get a new job right? Then why am i nervous that it will adversly affect my chances?

Although having my ears pierced does not bother me at all, its the possible negative reactions to a 42yrs, balding man trying to look trendy too late in life.

To coin another members recent post (sorry i forget who it was) - where's that tug-of-war rope?

Christine

Ashley Allison
05-25-2005, 01:17 AM
I'd really like to pierce my nipples, but the thought of getting infection makes me change my mind.

sarah
05-25-2005, 01:25 AM
How far south are you going ? the ear piercing you should definately do this is your perfect opurtunity...the belly button i,m not sure .I have considered it but having the right tummy i think is important ,it has to be almost flat .being from tassie i have had no comments on my ears being pierced (two in each).i also have my tongue pierced and most people dont even notice

Clare
05-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Sarah,

Hopefully going to Canberra, at worst Victoria (home).

My belly is a little large (i'm working on it), but i'm told my 'innie' belly button is good for piercing - plenty of skin and shape to insert a curved bar - maybe even one with a diamond at the bottom end which would be nice.

Funny enough, i'm not too concerned about the belly piercing, its the ears that a prospective employer may notice.

Christine

Raven Pierce
05-25-2005, 01:32 AM
Hello Christine
Im a pro body piercer somewhere in canada and i wouldnt worry about people thinking your trying to be trendy, if you are going where no one knows you they wouldnt know how long you have had your ears pierced. I pierce people of all ages and a lot over 35 and where im from its never been an issue. Just put 2 captive bead rings in and im sure you will be fine.
Best wishes Raven

maidtina
05-25-2005, 01:46 AM
... and moving South after my wife, nobody is going to know me down there (except family), so this would be an opportune time eh?

And the most important family down there is your wife. Don't just turn up with your ears done, it could be quite a shock at an already emotional time. Let her know whats happening in advance. Then again I could never imagine hiding reasons for such a thing from my wife.

My ear piercings are coming up for thier first aniversary and although my wife was hesitant at first she now realy likes them. It helps that she likes to go shopping for new pairs of earrings at any opertunity. As for other peoples attitudes towards them here in the UK at least I don't think anyone has realy noticed or cares.

Had my nipples pierced for several years and really enjoyed that. Unfortunatly they started to migrate out and I had to remove them. Not sure how well they'd work with breast forms though.

Never really understood the belly button thing myself, it's supposed to be one of the more painful to have done and prone to infection. Guess you have to have the stomach for it, I'm afraid mines too large.

Ibuki_Warpetal
05-25-2005, 02:00 AM
I pierced my left lobe. Never thought of doing more than that til my Navy friend visited with both his pierced.
He pummeled me at arm wrestling there's no way I'll let him accessorize better.

I'm trying to think of somethign to do that is noticeable, yet not too scary...

Imogen_Mann
05-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Although having my ears pierced does not bother me at all, its the possible negative reactions to a 42yrs, balding man trying to look trendy too late in life.

Christine

Worry not. My friend Steve, office job, flash car etc... 47 peirced all over, ears, nose belly-bar and MORE besides (Yeah... he showed me once) Never had a negative reaction yet and he's had most of them done since he was 40. At work he covers up his belly bar with a shirt and tie and has tiny and very unobtrusive sleeper style bar's in his facial peircings.

Although peircings not for me (ouchies)... I say, strength to your elbow mate, GO FOR IT !

Jayme

Tamara Croft
05-25-2005, 06:52 AM
You don't need a flat belly to have your belly button pierced. Mine is far from flat after having 3 children. They give you a local anesthetic (which you don't feel) so you don't feel them pierce it. A lot of people get infections, because they don't look after it, or they have cheap metal rings put in. When I had mine pierced over 6 years ago, I had a sterling silver bar (not ring) put in. Just make sure you go to a reputable piercing place if you decide to have it done.

Rachel_740
05-25-2005, 06:56 AM
You don't need a flat belly to have your belly button pierced. Mine is far from flat after having 3 children.

Hey girl,

Don't put yourself down - you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Anne

Bernadina
05-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Here is a poll and thread that talks more about piercing.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1751

ashleyk
05-25-2005, 09:26 AM
. A lot of people get infections, because they don't look after it, or they have cheap metal rings put in. When I had mine pierced over 6 years ago, I had a sterling silver bar (not ring) put in. Just make sure you go to a reputable piercing place if you decide to have it done.

I agree. I have 6 in my ear, only wear four, and have my belly button done. When I got my belly button done, I went to a place that was known for piercing and had a good rupuation. The main thing is look after it, clean it daily. I was critized when I had mine done of being called gay and everything else. Didn`t bother me though, since all the guys I work with I have known for many years through the family. Its all in good fun. If you want to get them done, go ahead, but make sure your wife know and is okay with it.

Clare
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks Bernadina, i read the previous thread about piercings.

I will definately get my ears pierced now, might even get two sets of holes in each ear - going radical!

Not sure about the belly piercing - have to find out if they use an anasethic (spelling?) in the procedure - i am a little squemish about pain!

I guess my move interstate is the best time to do this - no awkward moments with current co-workers and friends here, and no one will know otherwise at my new destination.

Thanks for the positive encouragement everyone.

Christine

Shanna GG
05-25-2005, 07:38 PM
I'd really like to pierce my nipples, but the thought of getting infection makes me change my mind.

I had my nipples pierced...the chance of infection is not that great.
So long as you go to a reputable piercer (basicly someone who has been in the busniess for a while) and you wash them twice a day with dye and fragrance free soap.
I loved them and I miss them greatly. They definatly caused greater sensitive in my, but that varies person to person. ;)

Genifer Teal
05-25-2005, 09:52 PM
FWIW After 2 years of wearing studs in my ears, I no longer wear them ever day. As long as I wear them at least once a week the holes never close. You may be just starting out, but this could be something to look forward to.

Hugs - -Genifer

Heelwearer2002
05-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Christine, sorry on the breakup. ive got my earlobes pierced twice & 1 at the top, had my navel for the past 10years, got both nipples done ages ago, used to have my nose pierced. am wanting to do it again & also get a tragus done that is on the little skin that sits in front the ear canal. am soon to get my guiche done... as the rest have said as long as you goto a reputable place & follow aftercare procedures there is very little to go wrong.

Maddie Knight
05-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Both my ears are pierced, I have been thinking about having my belly button done but I am too much of a wimp, I don't like pain.
My friend had his nipple pierced and said it hurts like hell.

Amelie
05-26-2005, 04:41 PM
I would like to get my lips pierced.

Some people I know go into some really strange body modifications. They do things like Jewelry implants, where they implant pieces of metal under their skin. I haven't seen some of these, but some people also do Branding, scarification, Braiding the skin, and splitting the tongue, to make it look like a snake's tongue.
So, if you're worried about what people might think about earrings, just think of the strange looks these people get with their body modifications.

Jonien
05-26-2005, 05:33 PM
:thumbsup: had both my ears pierced years back but don't normaly wear any rings in public. Untill last Saterday went to a wedding and forgot I had left my diamond studs in no one noticed
I did pierce my own nipples some 25 years back but had to remove them now since growing boobs have got to sencertive, still got my belly ring although I have to be carfull in drab is belt can catch

Love you all

Jonien :kissing:

jojo180
05-26-2005, 07:17 PM
i have my b**ls ,***k,nipples,ears pierce and find it very erotic and sensual,so any girls thinking about getting it done belive me its worth a bit of pain
love jojo xx

gender_blender
05-26-2005, 10:17 PM
I would suggest fake piercings. Require no mainetance, no installation, are variable in location and are less expensive.
I have a ton and wear them alot. I fool the most pierced of individuals.
Here's a pic:

http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/4084657/727787

Charlie