PDA

View Full Version : Getting Read And Passing What Helps And What Dose Not

LA CINDY LOVE
09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
What Is It About You That You Feel Will Get You Read From Not Passing As Good As You Would Like And What Is That You Feel Helps You To Pass And Not Get Read.

For Cindy I Have To Say My Hight Is My Biggest Down Fall. I Am 6ft And With My Heels On I Am About 6'4, But The Rest Of Me I Love And That Is What Helps Me From Getting Read And Helps Me To Pass The Best I Can.

La Cindy Love

Nicole Erin
09-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Hurts - I am built like a retired linebacker. That is my looks problem.
Voice is too masculine.

Helps - I tend to dress conservatively and don't put in these huge or akward looking boobs. Decent makeup instead of the hooker look. [subtile blush, darker shade of lipstick instead of the bright pink or red.]

charlie
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
All looks good except the face. The face is said to look like Robin Williams. Not exactly a gorgeous woman's mug!

tricia_uktv
09-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Not sure about my height. I'm tall 5'10 but that suits my skinny figure and is not too tall. The one that is important on that list is confidence. The one you could put on is attitude. Attitude is all!

MJ
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
for me I am built like the good year blimp .. so yes i would say passing is overrated just be who i am thats all i can do

Marissa Mae
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Muscularity, first and foremost, is an instant lose for me :doh: My height goes hand in hand with that, 6'0" and super tall in heels ha.

My biggest asset is my confidence.

Nicki B
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Found on another forum (from someone who is 6' 7" and transitioned 11 yrs ago)..

I read many negative comments on this site from tall trannies. Stop being negative, it's great to be tall, we earn more, we live longer, we are more likely to pass our genes on, need I go on.

It's far better to be a tall feminine looking tranny than a 5'2" one with a thunderbird puppet head (apologies to those 5'2" Tracy family members out there)

I do appreciate that you need the personality to go with advantaged height particularly in our world but it can be done.

Comment yesterday in a shoe shop by a very tall good looking asian man, "Great height girl."

So no more negative height comments from you advantaged TG's out there.

Do you US girls need Thunderbird puppets (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/) explaining?

Anna the Dub
09-11-2008, 04:46 PM
My voice is quite deep, and despite years and years of hormones, my face is still quite mannish, and I have very low self confidence. Plus points are that I am only 5'7, have a good female body shape and I dress age appropriately.

KimberlyS
09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
MY VOICE HELPS - I am a tenor.

MY HEIGHT is a mix at 5' 8''

MY BODY HELPS as I have always be of smaller build. But my face is very masculine in shape and look even with makeup and wig.

MY MAKE-UP AND WIG NEEDS WORK I need practice but do not take the time to do it. I just slap on the makeup, throw on my wig and go out.

MY CLOTHS ARE RIGHT FOR ME. I dress to blend but a bit more feminine as I almost always wear a skirt.

MY CONFIDENCE IS HIGH and even more my attitude are key for me being out. My attitude is that it just does not matter what others think, it is ok for me to be out as a CDer dressed like I am. And I go out in full femme, androgenyous, half and half, male femme, and male shopping for femme clothes modes and have not had any problems.

SherriePall
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I figure my clothes help. My makeup and wig are also a plus as is my body (although I have bulked up on my upper arms the past year while working.) My voice comes and goes and my height is 5-10 which is kind of tall, but not too tall any more. My confidence, I figure, is more or less an "I don't care attitude."
So, that's it for me. Years ago I remember reading on some website about getting a point for passing if your height fell within a certain range, point for natural hair vs. wig, shaved body, etc. I do remember that you got points for clevage. Wish I could find that list so I could share it with everyone.

VeronicaMoonlit
09-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Found on another forum (from someone who is 6' 7" and transitioned 11 yrs ago)..

Do you US girls need Thunderbird puppets (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/thunderbirds/) explaining?

No, we US. geeks know about them. Thunderbirds are GO! Though the other Gerry Anderson series are not as well known

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Victoria Anne
09-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I am 5'9" and 178 LBS so I suppose I okay there but the right clothes and good make up and wig go along ways. I do need to work on the confidence , it seems I am creeping back in the door of my home where it is safe. I need to get out more often.

trannie T
09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm 6'3" and quite overweight, my voice is deep and about as unfemanine as can be, I have little sense of style when choosing my wardrobe. There is no way I pass. Nevertheless I enjoy going out and I am happy and confident when I'm out. Of the items in the thread Confidence is the most important I believe.

victoriamwilliams1
09-11-2008, 10:57 PM
At 6'8" I will say I have no real problems because of how I dress plus there are a few tall women in the areas I shop. I think we are too afraid of our height instead of being confident as any tall woman would be. I ran into a woman with her kids and she had to be about 6'5" with a voice almost deeper than mine!

Now I am not out to friends or family and I do go out in the public and I enjoy the acceptance of people.

:)

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm 6' 3",but these days,there are a good number of GG's who are over 6' tall,so maybe I could pass as a WNBA player.

My face is masculine,but I shave really close and apply foundation & make up,I look pretty good.

I have great legs.I had a woman who told me that she knew women who would love to have legs like mine and I was in guy mode wearing guy shorts.

My giveaways would be my voice and probably my hands.

Felicity :)

LA CINDY LOVE
09-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Victoria you are so right there a lot of tall woman out there, but it seams were every I go I seam to be not only the tallies girl but taller then the men around me and that is at the mall.

As I said before I am 6'0 but with heels I am about 6'4 someone said to me why don't you wear a lower heel and I said I would rather go in my bear feet then to give up my high heels.

LA CINDY LOVE

Karren H
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Attitude helps me pass... If I'm really passing... If ya have an attitude that projects you belong there, dressed as you are.... Then no one will give you a second, closer look.. Everything else is secondary... Mascaline women still pass as women...

CD Susan
09-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I am 6' 1" tall and tend to think that I am too self concious about this. Reading the post by Nicki B. can only help me with my conciousness of this. Thanks Nicki! I weigh 165lbs so think I am well proprtioned to that height. I constantly strive to maintain my slim body but it is not easy. When I go out I dress age appropriate to blend in and try my best to show confidence in the way I present myself. I leave all of my young 'girly' clothes at home for private dressup times, I definately need help in the area of makeup and have an especially difficult time doing my eyes. Sometimes I think it is so much work trying to look like a woman but in the end it is worth it.

tamarav
09-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I have a tendency to turn into the people that I think have made me and, if necessary, ask them if they have any questions or if they know where the manager's office is. I used to shrink into the woodwork or turn and run but no more. I am too old, proud, and tired of ignorance to do that anymore.

Like Karren Hutton says, we are not shrinking violets...

Dita_B
09-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I second both the motions of Tamarav and Karren above...

It is the attitude that counts IMHO. Attitude is the utmost important ingredient for a successful outing. All the rest is subject to your attitude. I am out 3 to 4 days a week and I go everywhere I please. Whether it is shopping in the mall, walking the downtown core, to do my banking, or to get my car serviced, I do it all en femme... to the point that it feels strange (and a waste of precious time) to drive my car in drab nowadays.

I get read numerous times. In the beginning I had the illusion that I passed, but now I know better. But, in the beginning, I was really concerned about passing and now I can't care less... If I pass, well that's nice, actually it's very nice, but if I don't, so be it.

It is all in the attitude. I am 6' 2" on my bare stocking feet and on my 4" heels a few inches taller. I wear my heels practically all the time, because I love the feel of walking on them... But if you strut your stuff in pride, people will notice and admire. I have had numerous unexpected compliments about that from unknown passers by, mostly from women...

I sure dress age appropriate, only not my age... I can't care less. I dress the way I like and feel good about presenting myself...

Often, when I see that someone stares at me and when the occasion is appropriate, I say to them: "It is hard work to be a girl" and that usually breaks the ice. Many animated conversations have followed and many friendships have been made.

I noticed that some address me as "ma'am", but most refrain from using a gender while talking to me, pointing to the fact that they know...

But if you are frank about it, nobody cares. As said above, I have made many female friends, the guys still open doors for me and traffic still stops at the crosswalk.

People always remain people and most of them are open for communication. If you show yourself confident about yourself, whether you dress gender appropriate or not, others will respect you.

In a few weeks I hope to make my first border crossing en femme into the US and to become a member of the prestigious FGC (Flying Girls Club), all in one day, by myself and in a foreign country. I have the rule that when I chicken out for something, it will be on the top of my priority list for my next outing. I'll let you know if and how it worked out...

And finally: there are tons of tall girls out there... Here is a link to a website that is full of them...

http://www.tallwomen.org/models/

:love: Dita

Fab Karen
09-13-2008, 01:33 AM
If someone said to me "why not wear a lower heel" I'd say "why don't you go out dressed in a potato sack?":)
walk proud- Tall girls rule, others drool:D

Steph Butterfield
09-13-2008, 01:48 AM
I get read all the time, I pass o% even in my 19th month on HRT, confidence has nothing to do with it as I am comfident, but it doesn't stop me being threatened, assaulted and verbally abused by all an sundry on a regular basis, it batters that confidence down beleive me.

Solution:- Plastic Surgery and plenty of it, Rhinoplasty, Throat surgery, FFS, etc etc (if you can afford it), if you can't its a case of take the abuse and assaults on the chin. I know I personally face being society's punchbag and freak for the remainder of my life, sad but true, as police do not proitect trans people so life looks bleak for me.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-13-2008, 02:45 AM
What Dita and Tamarav have said makes a big difference out there. Me, I dont care what people think anymore. I get dolled up in whatever garb I want and just do it. I smile, I laugh, and I have FUN doing what I do.

Relaxing and not worrying about the thoughts of others really makes a difference.
Go for it :)

Zara

Nicki B
09-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Steph, have you ever thought of moving? It's not as if you have really close family ties? :strugglin

sputnik
10-23-2008, 12:26 AM
So many in this thread are saying it: Attitude.

It's not a magic wand, but it can compensate for a lot. Having the right sort of frame of mind can really help if I'm out and notice the patch of stubble I missed on my chin, or that my voice isn't "quite right" that day.