PDA

View Full Version : Girly actvities!

heathr1
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Have you ever, in public, seen, for example, a boy with his mother who has involved him in doing something girly/femenine?

I remember seeing a woman with her son of about 10yrs old at a make-up counter and she was testing nail polishes on him and letting him smell lipsticks.

Angie G
09-11-2008, 08:00 PM
No not yet.:hugs:
Angie

Serena
09-11-2008, 08:26 PM
I remember seeing a woman with her son of about 10yrs old at a make-up counter and she was testing nail polishes on him and letting him smell lipsticks.

That's awesome! I wish my mom had done that to me. Where was this at? And no I haven't seen that anywhere.

ChanDelle
09-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Hmmmm. Sounds like cruel and unusual encouragement to me.

ChanDelle

heathr1
09-12-2008, 01:47 AM
He looked interested and as if he was enjoying it actually.

Kate Simmons
09-12-2008, 03:24 AM
Hmm--sounds like one mother who is not afraid of her son becoming his own person.:)

Karren H
09-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Nope.... Not seen that

Stephanie Stephens
09-12-2008, 06:38 AM
When I was a young boy my mother was a den mother for the girl scouts. She couldn't leave me at home when they went on camp outs so I had to go along. Only girl scouts could go to these camp outs so I was a girl scout. How about that.:)
Stephanie

Charlena
09-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Mom used to take me the the beauty parlor once a week when she got her hair done, visit with her friends. I always liked being around the older women they made me feel at home more than at my real home. Mom painted my toenails when I was seven or eight, I dont remember wether it was her idea or mine (almost got caught). I remember shopping with her for clothes and hiding in the clothes racks. As I got old enough to stay home by myself I would use this time usually to dress in her clothes. Actually pretty good memories.

Chari
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Saw a Mom, her daughter - about 12, and younger son(?) with short hair - about 8, shopping the girls section in Target before school started. Mom was insisting that the older girl "take him to the changing room to help him try on the entire outfit" as she handed him a couple of dresses, pink/white tennies, and I guess a package of girls underclothes. Later I saw the three walking about the makeup section and the "boy" was wearing one of the new dresses with the pink tennies, white tights, and carrying a small shoulder purse. Giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe this kid was a "tomboy" and Mom was tired of not having her wear dresses.

Bethany38
09-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Maybe the child was a cd at his young age and she was being supportive on a discrete level. Just a thought.

Cathytg
09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
My memory:

My Mom worked in a corset shop (would you believe!) when I was a preteen and she often took me with her to work due to schedule issues and the like. I spent many hours in the backroom of that shop just staring and imagining. Strangely, my most vivid memory is of a pair of flats that one of the clerks kept in back to use when her feet got tired. I l loved those shoes.

CD Susan
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Hmmmm. Sounds like cruel and unusual encouragement to me.

ChanDelle

This is really good ChanDelle. No, I have never seen anything like this myself. I wish I could have been so lucky as a kid.