PDA

View Full Version : The smell of it

heathr1
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
What femenine/womans product do you love the smell of, and when you smell it, does it make you want to dress?

I remember the lovely smell when mother used her hairspray.

Yes, it made me think of dressing up.

Also, when her leather boots were new, the smell was heaven.

Deanna2
09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
If you are into paint sniffing then freshly polished nails are a must.

TommiTN
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Scented moisturizers do it for me. There's just something about them.

Deborah Jane
09-11-2008, 05:45 PM
A whiff of perfume carried to me on the breeze from a passing woman.
The scent of makeup from the lady stood next to me while i,m in a queue in a shop.
The soft sensual smell of womens clothing while walking through a boutique.
The aroma that overpowers my senses whenever i step inside a lingerie shop.

No wonder i think about dressing constantly :daydreaming:

Angie G
09-11-2008, 07:58 PM
The smell from my closet where my girly things hang.:hugs:
Angie

suchacutie
09-11-2008, 08:40 PM
This could be a rather revealing thread.

The sense of smell is the strongest of senses, and I wonder if it is that sense that really drives us forward to put up with this crazy lifestyle!

I remember the smell of women's rubber swim hats as a younster...didn't know then what I was feeling at the time. Now there are certain hand lotions whose scents are just incredibly compelling. Then there is the ever-popular smell of fresh leather.

This is really quite revealing.

tina

Sarasometimes
09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
As it has been said, the sense of smell is powerful. They are many for me but when I was younger I loved the smell of a perm in a salon. Now it is feminine scented deodorant or perfumes that aren't to strong. Also the smell of acrylic nails being done is exciting. I instantly wish I was getting them.

Maibh
09-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Potpourri when I open the undies drawer.

Sally24
09-12-2008, 09:06 PM
My old blush powder has a scent that very much reminds me of women in the 60's when I was growing up. Some of the newer powders don't smell the same. I also love the scent and feel of old fashioned lip stick. I sometimes use it for photo shoots but never wear it out in public. I always use the long staying lip colors. They don't feel the same but they do last and last.....

Sarah...
09-13-2008, 12:19 AM
The smell of China Blue bubble bath and the smell of White Musk oil.

Sarah...

Samantha43
09-13-2008, 12:24 AM
The smell of makeup......I love it. My wife has a vanilla body lotion.....that drives me nuts.....Then there is always the smell of leather....

Angela-Russell
09-13-2008, 12:45 AM
The lovely smell that hits you when you walk into a big department store with lots of make-up & perfume counters. Mmm, sends me to heaven...

Melanie LL
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm with Angela on this one - make-up and perfume definately do it for me too!