PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Things have you done to improve your blending?

AKAMichelle
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
This thread is designed to find out how far we have gone to improve our ability to blend. I know most of us shave and use toenail polish. While that helps, what have you done to improve your ability to blend.

Since I started this, I guess it is up to me to set the tone for the thread. I have taken several extreme steps to improve myself.

1) Lost 45+ pounds
2) Exercise regularly to finish losing weight and get my stomach flat
3) I am in the process of having laser treatments on my chest / back / upper arms.

tamarav
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
My blending efforts are continuous and well worth it. To date from 5 years ago I have lost 104 pounds, exercise daily for at least an hour, eat moderately, practice by dressing daily for work as a hair/wig stylist, and practice my "woman attitude" while at work. I have dressed "down" from my previous looks simply to fit into the local area better. I should be wearing a plaid shirt and hip boots though....

Other than that, there is nothing to it...

Attached are my efforts for work today

gennee
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I have tried different styles and colors. I have lost some weight but I need to lose more. I purchased another wig last week. My wife likes it. When I wore it out on Tuesday I received compliments. I'm always looking to improve my looks. It's really well worth the effort.

Gennee

Nicole Erin
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Just the normal CD stuff I suppose. hair grown legs shaved, all that good stuff.

TommiTN
09-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Lost 25 pounds since last Fall

Exercise daily to flatten tummy, shape legs and butt

Eat light, salads instead of burgers

Very light brow shaping (my brows are sparse to begin with)

Trim arm hair short (again sparse and fine to begin with)

Moisturize. moisturize, moisturize

Use sunscreen if to be outside more than 10 minutes

Shave legs and underarms, shave hair patch on tummy, chest is pretty hairless naturally, but shave it anyway

Observe GGs' public deportment and incorporate their actions into my routine

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize (Oh, I said that already!)

Karren H
09-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think of what I do is trying to blend.... blend what?? I have lost a lot of weight... and eat better and exersize a lot (ice hockey twice a week) .... to make me a healthier and better person.... Shaving everything in sight is just my personal perference.... as is sporting very thin eye brows..... My goal is to look as good as I can, no matter what gender I'm portraying or what I wear.... :)

MJ
09-11-2008, 07:39 PM
at my peek i lost 127 pounds exercise quit smoking , but gained 40 :Angry3: now trying to lose that last 60 to my goal

charlie
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I tried wearing stuff that matched my age for awhile. I'm 58 and just did not like looking like a Grandma! I'm bacvk to shorter skirts and nice looking blouses. Bit younmg for my age, but I like high heels and short skirts. I don't blend in the best with GG's wearing flats and jeans. What can you do?

Angie G
09-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I let my real hair grow just past my shoulders :hugs:
Angie

NicoleScott
09-11-2008, 08:07 PM
I got a Waring. I like it better than my Hamilton Beach.

suchacutie
09-11-2008, 10:11 PM
For those of us trying to exist in both genders, blending is an interesting thing. Starting from all male:

1) shaped and thinned eyebrows slowly (nice fem arch now)
2) lost 35 pounds, 15 to go.
3) can shift from male to female body movements on a dime :)
4) can shift voice almost on a dime
5) nails shaped and polished (matte finish for male and bright/shiny for female)
6) removed strategic body hair to help switching back and forth.
7) daily skin regime that no male would think of doing!
8) male and female glasses.
9) finished perfecting right-handed as male and left-handed as female.
10) still working on speech patterns and conversational patterns.

Do I take this seriously or what???

sheesh

tina

vikki2020
09-11-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm with Charlie-- I only get out in a blue moon, so forget about blending---short skirts, and high heels!!

sterling12
09-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Got to ask, why right-handed as a guy, and left-handed as a woman? Doesn't seem to matter as far as blending goes. Perhaps your just ambidextrous.

Ah yes, the tyranny of blending. To "get along" I have worn The Capri's and jeans, baggy shapeless tops, really ugly shoes. As they say, "When in Rome, do as The Romans do." But, I don't have to like it! I would prefer a World with no Fashion Police, but unfortunately it just ain't so. Had this same discussion with some GG's the other night and they even admitted to having been "influenced" by trends. They claimed that they weren't thrilled with a lot of what passes for style these days, but they want to be accepted by their peers. So if you want to go shopping at WallyWorld, better work on that "blending" thing.

This may be one of the benefits of belonging to a Social/Support Group. Nobody critiques you, if you choose not to wear "The Uni," people are just supportive. Later in The Evening...you can go out to The Clubs and wear wild things that are probably going to be a lot more pleasing.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sara Jessica
09-12-2008, 08:44 AM
I've done two really key things to improve my blending...

1. Learned to dress down and actually embrace it. You can have soooo much fun with jeans, capris, cropped pants, leggings, different little tops, all with heels, wedge sandals or even (gasp!!!) flip flops. This has become my preferred style, something I call "casual chic", even at home where it's easy to dress to the "nines" if I so desire. But I don't and consequently, I have several dresses which are rarely worn and are not likely to see the light of day any time soon.

2. Not having an extraordinary amount of facial hair, I pluck it when I go out. Don't get me wrong, this is a lot of work and used to be painful but the result is amazingly smooth, zero shadow and for me it's the next best thing to laser or electrolysis. I'm proud that I can go out with a minimal amount of powder foundation and have received affirmation from both gg's and tg girls that what I'm doing is working wonderfully.

valenstein
09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Got to ask, why right-handed as a guy, and left-handed as a woman? Doesn't seem to matter as far as blending goes. Perhaps your just ambidextrous.

I have to ask, too. I'm left-handed.

ElaineB
09-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I have to ask, too. I'm left-handed.

I have to ask three!

Does changing hands make it easier to remember the other things, or what?

CD Susan
09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Recently I was criticised by some other cd's on another site because I did not dress 'age appropriate'. I took the advice (criticism) to heart and purchased some new dresses and skirts that are longer than what I prefer to wear. Maybe this does help me to blend in better as a 60 year old woman although it does not feel 'right' for me.