PDA

View Full Version : Reading

Maibh
09-11-2008, 09:40 PM
What do you do when you read someone?

I am never out dressed, but occasionally I do read someone. There are a couple of crossdressers in the midtown area, that look very good except for their faces. They both have very male faces, prominent Adam's apples, and one has a voice that reminds me of John Wayne. I see them out and about, singly or together, about once a month. They probably go out more often, but that is on average all I see them. I admire their confidence and fearlessness, but am not in a head space where I could emulate them. Since noticing them I have noticed several more girls I suspect to be cross-dressers. A couple of them I'm sure of, the others are definite possibilities. I say nothing and do not stare, as I'm sure they would prefer not being obviously read.

Midtown is Sacramento commonly called Lavender Heights. It is the LGBT center of the Capitol of California, only blocks away from the Capitol Dome. Once I put two and two together it became obvious why out in public confident cross-dressers would choose midtown as their favored stomping grounds.

Anyway, what do you do when you read someone you don't know?

What if you read someone you do know but didn't know was a cross-dresser?

Lets make it a trilogy of questions and ask what if you read someone you do know, and know is a cross-dresser but didn't expect to see them?

Does it matter if you are dressed up or not?

Karren H
09-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Anyone I've ever read.... I just smile and say good morning or good afternoon... And be on my way.... Its no different if I saw a pretty woman and she smiled at me... I'd smile back... Common curtisy... I really don't see the difference... I certantly wouldn't want strangers to treat me any different because of the way I dress... But that's just me...

Hinata
09-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I would love to have that kind of community, and I think they are just as happy that they do have that. As far as seeing someone I know, if I'm their friend, then I'm their friend (but that's just me). If they are a stranger, I think I would look at what they are wearing and ask myself if I could pull that look off:). As far as seeing a known CD friend, I don't have any (apart from my loving sisters here :love:). Just my :2c:

vikki2020
09-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I've only ran into other girls a few times, and said nothing, because I really wasn't sure, so good on them, if in fact they were sisters. But, for me being out, if someone were to say something--- I think that I would love it!I usually get a knowing smile, but that is still open to interpretation.I would welcome comments, as long as they were sincere and not hostile.

AllieSF
09-11-2008, 11:05 PM
I have seen a few girls out there, but I always try to leave them alone. That doesn't mean that I am not longing to talk to them and ask them all kinds of questions! Just what they probably do not want to happen. It wouldn't bother me if someone asked me questions as long as they were polite about it.

Tasha McIntyre
09-12-2008, 12:57 AM
I have never read anyone......it's either their isn't too many in my city (Brisbane Australia) or I'm crap at noticing.

There was one young guy, I'm guessing early 20's in Target about a year ago looking very intently at this gorgeous blue dress, holding it up etc. I mentioned that they are very very good here and there are no problems trying it on. He gave me this oh my god look, and high tailed it out of there quick smart.

Oh well.

RobinScott
09-12-2008, 12:59 AM
If you see me in Midtown, say hello!

I would love to meet some of my sisters and friends.

Robin

Kate Simmons
09-12-2008, 03:10 AM
I usually do the same thing Karren does. If they are receptive, sometimes we start a conversation. If we talk for awhile, I will ask their name. I will say something like:"I'm Rich but I'm usually Arianna...etc." Being tactful goes a long way and is a good way to make new friends sometimes.:)

Angie G
09-12-2008, 04:43 AM
As Karren said just smile and say hi.:hugs:
Angie