PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering, How Many of You....

allisonrn06
09-12-2008, 07:53 AM
I saw a post the other day asking about the first time any of you/us had seen or met another CD/TV/TS and was wondering something more specific - how many of you have met someone from this forum face to face? In the past year I've achieved one of my CD'ing goals in that I now have an accepting SO, my next goal is to meet others like me on a friendship basis, and was curious as to whether any of you had made any face to face friends on here? :hugs:

Keely
09-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Lots of friends on here but none FTF.

Holly
09-12-2008, 08:04 AM
I've met several people from the forum face to face... TG's and SO's. I love it and hope to meet many, many more.

Sara Jessica
09-12-2008, 08:11 AM
I have made several tg friends over the last couple years but curiously only one girl is even a little active in this forum (and so far she is pretty much an acquaintance). I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I make some good face to face friends though this site.

Kim_Bitzflick
09-12-2008, 08:21 AM
I have met (in person) two girls from this site. They were nice, but our personalities just didn't click.

Nadia-Maria
09-12-2008, 08:21 AM
I met one MTF from this forum face to face, last january, although she lives at about 17000 km distance !

Kisses

Nadia

Kate Simmons
09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
I've met nine actually. Four are local and four I met at CD weekend at the club. One friend stayed with me a few days on her way back home this past Spring.:)

Karren H
09-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Had a couple close almosts with a few members.... And I have met with a few local girls in my area but they are not members here...

MJ
09-12-2008, 08:49 AM
yes i have met a few girls from here there wonderful friends

GypsyKaren
09-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I've met more than I can remember for a count, all good friends.

Karen Starlene :star:

JenniferR771
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I have met five. Mostly for a brief coffee or lunch with chat. Its fun to talk--and so great to know someone else has the same feelings and problems. I try to get in touch with local cds, if I see someone's avatar from my area. I have also met a number of cds in support groups--ones that are in my semi-local area. Sometimes a few meet for coffee.

sandra-leigh
09-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Two of our local club members are also members on here; some of the people I met at the Edmonton convention this year are members here (but I can only remember one of the user-names at the moment.)

I haven't met anyone face-to-face that I knew first from here.

shannonsilk
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
I think it is 5, maybe 6. Usually just once or twice. I don't know - I guess we have different interests.

Niya W
09-12-2008, 09:47 AM
I've met a bout 5 people on this forum, but the thing is I met them before I knew they were on this forum.

tamarav
09-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Over the years I have met many of our sisters, recently I have met 3 from this forum.

I have also met 4 who read the forum but are not members and are working hard to get the closet door open.

Babette
09-12-2008, 07:14 PM
I met and had dinner with one member. Unfortunately, she passed away last spring. I have also recognized another member of this forum but I did not have the opportunity to speak with her.

Babette

CD Susan
09-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I have only met one other cd in person. She was not a member here and had never heard of this site. I would love to meet some of my friends from this site but almost all of them live too far away to make meeting in person practicle. The ones that are close enough to meet are just too busy, shy, involved, happily married, scared, closeted, reluctant, or whatever to meet with me. I find it unfortunate that there so many other people like me who want to correspond by writing letters and e-mails but when the subject of meeting comes up they quietly dissappear.

GINA-CD
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Like many of you girls, I take time to dress while travelling for business.
When I know I'll be in a city I've spotted below a name in this forum, I usually post a thread asking questions and so on. Done that for Orlando, Vegas and now Chicago's the target.

Orlando was my first and only encounter face to face and we did enjoy the time we spent together. First day we met in boy-mode for lunch and we talked about the details. Next day she came to my hotel, we got dressed and took a long free afternoon at the mall. Hope I can do this again because I loved it.

Nicole Erin
09-12-2008, 08:36 PM
my next goal is to meet others like me on a friendship basis, and was curious as to whether any of you had made any face to face friends on here? :hugs:

I know two of the members here, neither one posts a whole lot. Thing is, I knew them real life first and later found out we both came to this forum.
Sadly, one of them moved out of state. :sad:

I am always open to the idea of making friends with people here but that hasn't happened yet. One girl here I spoke on the phone with a few times. I enjoy doing that with friends.

DemonicDaughter
09-13-2008, 12:17 AM
My SO (DD's Girl) and I met up with Bre, Sheena, Huntress, Sir Trey, Cai, GenniferTeal and Kieron! In about a week, Deja True is coming here to NY to meet face to face for the first time as well!

Its no different than meeting any other friends and as long as you relax and enjoy the company, its great! :)

sterling12
09-13-2008, 02:30 AM
I do, but it's kind of a chicken and egg thing. Most of them were friends before I went on this forum; I knew them from The Social/Support Groups I belong to.

Joann and I are officers of The Tampa Tri-Ess Group, I know Debbie Thomas from Orlando, Brianna is an old friend from Tampa,. There are numerous others, several Gurls from Atlanta, and from Canada....they often come down and visit in The Winter.

The number of Gurls who are "out and about" is a very small percentage. many of them are not shy and they often have many interests. Not surprising that some of them would show up here.

So, I can safely say that all of my face to face "encounters," have been positive.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Bethany_Anne_Fae
09-13-2008, 02:42 AM
I've been a part of many forums since 1997, and I've been ortunate enough to make a lot of local friends because of them. Well worth it :)

Zara

allisonrn06
09-13-2008, 04:15 AM
\\ I find it unfortunate that there so many other people like me who want to correspond by writing letters and e-mails but when the subject of meeting comes up they quietly dissappear.

I think you're right Susan -while I've never met anyone from the forum here myself, I have braoched the subject to 1 or 2 who I was becoming friends with through the forum and when I did they disappeared as you had said. Still if I can make some e-mail friends, I'm happy with that and I can understand why a lot of people would be reluctant to meet face to face, Thanks to all of you for your replies!!

Dita_B
09-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I've met only one girl from this forum in person and she has become a wonderful friend and companion on our frequent days out and about together.

But I look forward to meet many more at the SCC in Atlanta soon.

Locally, I started a Yahoo Girls Night Out group a while ago and we have over 80 members now, from which I have met many on our monthly Girls Night Out events...

And it is always a thrill to be out there in a restaurant with a group of girls...

:love:Dita.

Richelle
09-13-2008, 10:03 AM
I have meet one other for shopping. She was out on business from Chicago and we meet at the local "Westminster Mall". We had great time shopping, eating and talking

Richelle

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-13-2008, 10:39 AM
I have not met any of my "sisters" from her as of yet, at least I don't think that I have. I would love to meet Karen in person since I think we have a lot of the same character "flaws", I mean that lovingly, Karen surely has no flaws! Some day I plan on posting some photo's of me so you girls can see who I really am but I am not real tech savvy with this stuff and I have little time to covertly handle it. Plus karen and I are only a couple months apart in age so we probably would have a lot to talk about.

Sheila
09-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Yup, and I gotta say at first I was "aware" of meeting a GG and her CDR ..... what a clot I was then:doh:, they have both become friends, I no longer refer or think of them in the terms of GG and CDR, but as two wonderful peeps I now know, and am proud to call them both my friends.

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Made friends here,but haven't met any sisters FTF yet. Hopefully one day it will happen.

Felicity :)

Kieroney
09-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Soon FTF, still working hard on getting the SO to try to understand my CD.

Jodi
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Yes, and here is an example from the Chicago Be-All in May

Jodi

TxKimberly
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I've met over a dozen from here face to face I think! :-)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Met one thru a Renaissance meeting and the second thru PM. The second one that I met thru PM I arranged a meeting where we walked and talked in a Park for a couple of hours. Both meeting's very enjoyable. :battingeyelashes:

DonnaT
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Three from here, two no longer post however.

Lawren
09-21-2008, 09:41 AM
I have not yet met anyone FTF but there aren't many members from Maine and I can't afford to travel much anymore.

RachelDenise
09-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I have meet another CD/TV/TS in person. Not from this forum but who knows in the future.

Nikki A.
09-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I've met a few at the local club and consider one to be a very good friend. Everyone has been extremely nice. Remember you're not a complete stranger to them since we have the forum in common.

KathrynTX
09-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Lady Zarabeth and I have been friends since before either of us joined the board. And I couldn't ask for a better friend, she's helped me through times in my life that really sucked.

:hugs:

docrobbysherry
09-21-2008, 11:11 AM
I had a chance to meet a couple of members a while back. Too chicken!

I wondered I would say to a person that knows some of the most personal things about me, but who is really a stranger?:eek:

Sherry-Stephanie
09-21-2008, 12:01 PM
I have...one...good gal...helped take some of my pictures I've posted...

deja true
09-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Yay! Jodi's picture shows about 10 of us from BeAll in Chicago. There were at least 5 more that didn't make that pic.That was my very first time out ever! :D

SCC has at least 23 from here coming including the marvelous Suzy all the way from Aussie land and TracySchapes (both first timers like me) with her new visage! How kewl is that gonna be? I'm already packing! :daydreaming:

Sherlyn
09-21-2008, 12:15 PM
I have met a few from here ...Mj.. Maryannsung.. Kathy GG and Amanda ..Melissa ... Rose and Sam ...also you can check out this thread in the Gallery

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65340

renee k
09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I've met several members of this board and there are many more i would like too meet. All in all it's been very positive and lots of fun.

Huggs, Renee

debbeelee1
09-21-2008, 04:08 PM
I belong to another group and invited a CD couple to the house. It was great to meet someone "just like me"!
Also met a FTM CD'er one night when my SO and I were out and since become friends and he's joined this forum.
Instead of going out to bars, I'd like to get a small, local group of CD'ers together to come over to the house every once in a while for some get togethers.
There are some very nice people out there, ya just got to ask to get together with them!

Jenny J
10-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Actually I did it in reverse. Met someone ftf at a Renaissance meeting and connected here on the forum later. Hoping to meet more as time goes by.

Jen:rose2:

Diane CHILDS
10-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm a member of several sites and to be honest I can't remember which of the many I know are members of this site. I logged in here for the first time in 18 months last week and my memory of who is and isn't members is a bit foggy.

The UK members here who I've met in person, chatted and shared a drink with this year include Nicki B, Rachael Warren, Nina , Tiffany Tuesday the boys Kieron Andrew and Adam, I've also met Gemma Rhodes and Bev GG but not within the last 12 months.

Di

_Cecilie_
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I have met one and it was nice to talk to someone else of the same kind.

Tal'Aura
10-02-2008, 03:26 PM
I have never met anyone who is CD... It looks like I live in total isolation. But I noticed one thing so far - there is always present the same "unfriendly pattern" on various sites intended for CD/TV-s and transgendered people. I managed to spot some local CD-s on that sites, but they ignore beginners like me. It's impossible to establish any kind of communication with them. I believe they want to meet only "pro" CD-s. What a shame... :sad:

Jean Ann S
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Hello CD Susan

I am a 55 year old cd from Texas
And would love to e-Mail or what ever

Jean Ann

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Lady Zarabeth and I have been friends since before either of us joined the board. And I couldn't ask for a better friend, she's helped me through times in my life that really sucked.

:hugs:

And I would do it again no questions asked :)

Its also really way coolies to see you so happy again these days too!!

*hugs*

Zara

Farrah
10-06-2008, 12:12 AM
It would be great if we could all meet up face to face. I feel like I already know most of you.

Farrah
10-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Yes, and here is an example from the Chicago Be-All in May

Jodi

You all look great!!!

Electra
10-06-2008, 02:47 AM
I have never met another CD in person although I know that one or two friends of my friends are CDs. But I have brushed past CDs at the London Fetish Fair once or twice, I being in normal male wear.

Vickii*
10-06-2008, 02:50 AM
I'd love to get to know some of you! Anyone around my age? Early 20's?

Nicki B
10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
I joined this forum after meeting some of the folk here (mostly the boys)... Plus there are a few I've come across since who I'd met previously. All the faces (bar one) in my profile album are on here?

Jennifer Brooks
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Yes, I have met just one from here. Maybe the next time I meet more, I will not be such a non-stop chatter box due to being super nervous.

Lilith Moon
10-07-2008, 04:49 AM
I have met a few UK sisters. Lovely people, every one of you.